• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Whatever happened to the Constellations RP? Was gonna go in and work on my WIP there in order to be done with it before my week gets too busy, but the thread was gone?

Did the forum glitch out or something? If not then it would have been nice to get a heads up if the GM didn't want to pursue it further as i was looking forward to this...

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Okay, I have no idea if I'm going to do any of these anytime in the foreseeable future, but I just wanna know if anyone's interested in the first place.

I have three ideas. One of which involve spoilers for Octopath Traveler and the other for Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame.

The first idea is an RP set in Orsterra, the continent the game Octopath Traveler is set in. I have two versions of the idea. One is basically an AU where instead of the eight from the game, it's other people (thinking at most up to twelve for the 12 Gods of Orsterra) in their place as they prevent the resurrection of the dark god Galdera, the game's final final boss. The other is set in the past of the game where the sons and daughters of the gods (including Galdera's offspring) fight against Galdera and seal him away. Basically, your typical fantasy RPG fare with a basic plot, classes from the game and set in the world of Octopath Traveler. Both versions, I was basically thinking that each character is descended from one of the 12 gods (13 if I go with the latter idea) and is thus stuck with a class tied to that god. May make up new classes but are tied to one god to have more options for each god.

The second idea is a sequel to my RP, Mythos, where it's set maybe two to five years after the first RP in the school founded by some of the characters to teach other magic powered kids and teens to control their powers, alongside learning stuff you would from normal school. But since magic's still new, and not everyone who uses it is good, there are still some threats out there, both magical and not. You can basically play as a student or a teacher that's either a human or supernatural creature (within limits) or you can use a returning character from the original RP who's older, if you were in the original.

My last and third idea is set in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). Specifically, during the years between the beginning of the Blip and the end of the Blip in Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame. My idea is that while the Avengers and their friends are busy dealing with, well, what had happened, there are new threats filling in the blanks. But also new heroes too. I was thinking that you can be an original character od your own "MCU" version of a character in the Marvel comics but has yet to appear in MCU proper. I was thinking maybe also letting people be villains too (both original and original "MCU versions") but I'm undecided on that.

tl;dr: An Octopath Traveler/Fantasy AU/Distant Past RP, a sequel to Mythos and an MCU superheroes RP set in the middle of Avengers: Endgame.

So? Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
Although I'm pretty busy and totally overwhelmed with stuff outside of RPs, I'd be totally down for Mythos sequel (will probably use updated versions of my characters from the original), as well as the MCU one -- provided that it comes up some time in the future and not right now lol

As for Octopath, I'm not familiar with the lore, so I'd have to wait and see.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
The second idea is a sequel to my RP, Mythos, where it's set maybe two to five years after the first RP in the school founded by some of the characters to teach other magic powered kids and teens to control their powers, alongside learning stuff you would from normal school. But since magic's still new, and not everyone who uses it is good, there are still some threats out there, both magical and not. You can basically play as a student or a teacher that's either a human or supernatural creature (within limits) or you can use a returning character from the original RP who's older, if you were in the original.

André was in the original. Can’t really see him teaching though... I’d be interested though maybe...

I have Octopath Traveler, and still never finished. If it’s anything like a standard Fantasy RP, I may join, and maybe bother to finish the game.

As for the MCU one uh... hm... Maybe. I like Superheroes, and I like the MCU, but the five year space where half the population vanished was kind of depressing...

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
I'm not really into school or superhero settings, and have no interest towards MCU in particular -- but I'm always down for a fantasy rp, and I loved what I played of Octopath Traveler (though yeah, I haven't finished it, so I'm wary of spoilers and couldn't read the plot pitch for that reason lol). But if it's a less spoilery AU, or if I can just get my ass in gear and finish the game in time, I'm definitely down. Would be a good excuse to pick it back up again too.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Although I'm pretty busy and totally overwhelmed with stuff outside of RPs, I'd be totally down for Mythos sequel (will probably use updated versions of my characters from the original), as well as the MCU one -- provided that it comes up some time in the future and not right now lol

Haha. Don't worry about it. Again, I doubt it'll be anytime soon. Though when you mean updated...you do mean aged up, right?

André was in the original. Can’t really see him teaching though... I’d be interested though maybe...

Yeah, I'll admit, I don't really see him as a teacher... At most, maybe a sponsor of the school.

Monster Guy said:
As for the MCU one uh... hm... Maybe. I like Superheroes, and I like the MCU, but the five year space where half the population vanished was kind of depressing...

Yeah, I agree, but basically my idea came from watching Overly Sacastic Productions' video on Plot Twists and the mention that, maybe, if Quicksilver was alive, he'd be busy defending the Earth while the Avengers were dealing with the plot of the movie and it made me think that maybe there'd be villains trying to take advantage of the sudden disappearances...and there would be heroes to stop them before the end part of the film.

I'm not really into school or superhero settings, and have no interest towards MCU in particular -- but I'm always down for a fantasy rp, and I loved what I played of Octopath Traveler (though yeah, I haven't finished it, so I'm wary of spoilers and couldn't read the plot pitch for that reason lol). But if it's a less spoilery AU, or if I can just get my ass in gear and finish the game in time, I'm definitely down. Would be a good excuse to pick it back up again too.

I'm not sure which version would count since the one set in the past kind of spoils a bit about the gods even though the story itself is mentioned at points in Ophilia and Cyrus's stories, if I'm remembering correctly. While the other one would basically use the one thing connecting all the eight stories together in original...and make it obvious right off the bat as a reason why this rag-tag bunch of misfits are bothering to stick together, even if they might not like each other (at first). So yeah, no idea which one would be less spoilery. The only thing it wouldn't really spoil are the stories of the travelers since, for all intents and purposes, they don't exist in this AU.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Listen, while I don't care for the MCU, I do care about superhero RP's and the Marvel universe in general, and I would be so down. I even have a character I could use already, if you don't mind a secondary spider hero (like Spiderverse but without the interdimentional travel). I don't know squat about Octotraveler, so that one doesn't appeal to me as much? I thought Mythos was cool (although I don't think I was in the first one) I would love to fill a spot in the sequel!

Sketchie

literally some guy
You were in the first one. You had Derek and his sister

OH that's right! For some reason I thought that was a different RP, I've used the duo before and I forgot their origins. Whoops. I would still like a part in a sequel, although I don't know how Derek and Lexa would work into it...

Vern

Why not both?
Haha. Don't worry about it. Again, I doubt it'll be anytime soon. Though when you mean updated...you do mean aged up, right?

Yep, of course lol

And also updated in general, I think I can write a lot better now than I could back then. It’s really been a long while.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Listen, while I don't care for the MCU, I do care about superhero RP's and the Marvel universe in general, and I would be so down. I even have a character I could use already, if you don't mind a secondary spider hero (like Spiderverse but without the interdimentional travel).

Okay now that just makes me want to do a Spider-verse RP because I love the Spider-verse movie and know a bit about the Spider-verse comics (not by much though).

OH that's right! For some reason I thought that was a different RP, I've used the duo before and I forgot their origins. Whoops. I would still like a part in a sequel, although I don't know how Derek and Lexa would work into it...

Hmm... These mentions of people not being teachers is making me think I'll add in a basically "superhero" organization or guild that the school founded in tandem with the government where teens, after going through magic high school, can decide to be professional heroes if they don't want to do the usual professions, likely apprenticing under an established hero as a sidekick or do college school alongside more training. Kind of like in My Hero Academia, now that I think about it. The pro hero part anyway.

Sketchie

literally some guy
What sort of interest would there be if someone (dunno whooooo) made a RP set in the American 1920s, with The Government and Russians and the mafia, and also shapeshifting and magic? This is really broad, I don't know if I want to come up with a full on story if there's no interest for the base tenets.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
YES.

Especially since I just finished watching Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefield) properly because that sounds just like it. Well, except that it'll be set in the 1920s and the supernatural part may be still under the masquerade, unlike in Kekkai Sensen. In all seriousness though, it sounds interesting. And I'm all for urban fantasy and government conspiracy. It gives me the idea of playing someone who's trying to prove the supernatural...alongside someone who is supernatural if you'll allow more than one character.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
What sort of interest would there be if someone (dunno whooooo) made a RP set in the American 1920s, with The Government and Russians and the mafia, and also shapeshifting and magic? This is really broad, I don't know if I want to come up with a full on story if there's no interest for the base tenets.

That depends on how historically accurate it is... I am not comfortable RPing homophobia. :/

You've told me about this concept before, and you told me you were using Lucas, and you know wherever Lucas goes Max follows, but I've been burned by being an openly gay character in an historical setting before :/

Vern

Why not both?

I'd be down, but it'd mostly depend on how many other things I'm in at the moment and how behind I am.

Sketchie

literally some guy
That depends on how historically accurate it is... I am not comfortable RPing homophobia. :/

(i mean if we’re being honest the 1920s was gay as hell especially in the specific settings we’ll be playing in)

I want to know what you mean by you’ve been burned before? DM me if you’re uncomfortable writing it in thread. I can’t see blatant homophobia being a thing in the RP, again mainly because of where specifically things take place and also because if it doesn’t do anything to move a story along or show off a character’s strength, there’s no reason for it imo.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I'd be down for a concept like this, depending on the OP and if i have time doink.

Hydrangea

ask me about my ocs pls
Staff member
Okay, I have no idea if I'm going to do any of these anytime in the foreseeable future, but I just wanna know if anyone's interested in the first place.

I have three ideas. One of which involve spoilers for Octopath Traveler and the other for Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame.

The first idea is an RP set in Orsterra, the continent the game Octopath Traveler is set in. I have two versions of the idea. One is basically an AU where instead of the eight from the game, it's other people (thinking at most up to twelve for the 12 Gods of Orsterra) in their place as they prevent the resurrection of the dark god Galdera, the game's final final boss. The other is set in the past of the game where the sons and daughters of the gods (including Galdera's offspring) fight against Galdera and seal him away. Basically, your typical fantasy RPG fare with a basic plot, classes from the game and set in the world of Octopath Traveler. Both versions, I was basically thinking that each character is descended from one of the 12 gods (13 if I go with the latter idea) and is thus stuck with a class tied to that god. May make up new classes but are tied to one god to have more options for each god.

My last and third idea is set in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). Specifically, during the years between the beginning of the Blip and the end of the Blip in Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame. My idea is that while the Avengers and their friends are busy dealing with, well, what had happened, there are new threats filling in the blanks. But also new heroes too. I was thinking that you can be an original character od your own "MCU" version of a character in the Marvel comics but has yet to appear in MCU proper. I was thinking maybe also letting people be villains too (both original and original "MCU versions") but I'm undecided on that.

tl;dr: An Octopath Traveler/Fantasy AU/Distant Past RP, a sequel to Mythos and an MCU superheroes RP set in the middle of Avengers: Endgame.

So? Any thoughts?

I'd be interested in the Octopath one if you end up going through with it! The Mythos sequel is also totally up my alley. I'd be fine with my old character kicking around as a teacher for sure.

MCU isn't really my thing (as much as I love the movies... superheros isn't something I particular enjoy RPing) but I wish you luck if you decide to go in that direction.

@Sketchie I'd probably be down? You have my interest in the vague description you gave for sure. I'd have to see more before really deciding tho

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
This idea would likely be put into fruition in a couple months or so assuming there is interest but anyway: Who’d be interested in a RP about mercenaries that can have various magic/combat abilities that all hang out in some big place that take on jobs for money (think Konosuba or Fairy Tail as the inspiration of this lol). Of course I still would have a long-term plot but that’s the basics of it.

That said, you don’t need to watch the aforementioned two anime to understand the concept of it all lol (even if the former is more of a parody on RPG tropes).