• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG IDEAS - Share your thoughts here

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds awesome.
I mean it.
Perhaps, in the RPG, there will be a class where they explain the affinity types. I found it a little hard to digest it all when I read it, so i had to rea it two times.
From what I can gather, you can use the ESpERs to battle one another, hence the affinities. Would it be common to battle each other?
And do the beasts have affinities too? And would they keep the names of the creature they were mutated from? I mean, say there's a tiger-like thing that had eight legs instead of four and had longer fangs. It was mutated from a tiger. Would they call it a tsaber toothed spider-tiger or something? Or just a tiger?
I have no idea why I asked that. I was curious.

Heh, well, like I said, there are still a lot of things that I need to work on. Trying to expand them but keep them simple is not my specialty (something I have to deal with, since too much reading expanded my vocabulary so much that I tend to forget others). There will be other classes, so yes, these will be explained. I'm hoping to make them all simpler, since there are still some sections I'm working on.
And yes, ESpERs can be used to battle. Sometimes to settle arguments between students, to train students to fight against beasts and corrupted Candidates. Most fights would only occur in training, whether through virtual means or by fighting one of the faculty. It is, as a class, a requirement for all students. On a random note, ESpERs can also be used for daily life. For some, it's useful to be able to call upon a flaming pan whenever your hungry. They come in all shapes and sizes, after all.
As for the beasts, they don't carry affinities. And their names...er, I haven't really thought about it. Considering that beast mutations can come from the same species, then yes, they might as well have thier own names...IF they already been seen and recorded. And only if the names aren't a mouthful...>.>... Remember, most of the world has been deemed too dangerous, so there are many unknowns here and there.

---

Vibrato, it's actually quite interesting. It reminds me of a movie I watched, though I can't remember the name. Any connection? Well, it doesn't really matter. Heh. Some questions, though.
Where did they get the paints in the first place, if they aren't allowed? Is it some sort of mineral? And is everything that's not been, er, "painted" black, white or a variation of the two (gray)? And if so, how'd they do it? Just by painting (is that right? Or is it another word?) everything like that?
Oh, and are their weapons only limited to art tools? Well, I see knives, but how would that in art? Does paint (the color) do anything to the pained? In fact, what happens when paint and pained mix?
My last question is how the level system works? Do they just know it somehow? Or will you (or someone else) tell us that we've leveled up, so to speak? And maybe you'll need to explain on their techniques / abilities, since I have no idea what "Psychological Warfare" and "Black Hole" are...>.>.

It has a lot of potential to become a good rpg. Especially if you work on it long enough.

Vibrato

B*tches be hatin'.
I have revised the whole thing up to a point where most of those questions could be answered.
Nhajia was an amazing planet. A planet full of hopeful artists who lived peacefully side by side with each other. Artists who wanted nothing more than to just paint and live. No one took to much, no one got to little. The perfect planet. Until the Smiths arrived. The Smiths were a small race that lived on the far side of the planet. Everything in the Smiths territory had become dull and grey. The flowers had stopped blooming, the sun had stopped shining. Black smog poured out of the Smiths homes and fires rose out of large smokestacks. The residents lived almost exclusively in ghettos and slums. The only ones who were happy were the ones who had helped create the terrible conditions. They lived in Mansions and drunk wine and ate all day long. The Artists, seeing how terrible the conditions had become for the people of the Smiths territory, decided to try and rescue them. The Artists used their powers to try and take down the smiths, but it was a futile effort. The Smiths used gigantic metallic beasts to stop the artists. Once the Artists fell back, war was declared on the rest of planet Nhajia by the Smiths. It didn’t take long for them to corrupt the rest of the planet. The Smiths then took the entire planet Nhajia and created one massive City out of it. The city was painted in all black and white, in a hope to make the people forget about creativity and hope. The ghettos grew larger everyday. The smog thickened every night. Soon Nhajia would simply rot away.

A man, about 19 years old, was standing in front of a wall. A gigantic, white, wall. Now to others this might seem like an obstacle, but to him, this was a canvas. He flashed his head to the left, and then the right. He slid his fingers down and gripped the can he had been carrying. He brought it up as a smile crept onto his face, and shook the bottle. Once again he flashed his head back and forth, and then pushed down on the top nozzle of the bottle, releasing the paint onto the blank wall. The hissing was a symphony to his ears as he swept it in a long arc, creating a red stripe on the wall. His hands were trembling; it had been so long since he had created graffiti. His other hand reached down, grabbing another bottle, he shook it up as well and began streaking it across the wall. He breathed in the fumes; it carried him away into a land of tranquility. Streaking back and forth with his two cans, he kept on making the streaks larger and larger. However, he had the forgotten the number one rule of creating graffiti. Don’t. Get. Caught. A flash of grey rocketed at his skull with perfect accuracy. The man felt the grey enter his head as he fell down on the ground. His breathing was heavy, his eyes flitting back and forth. How did he get caught? The city must have been tightening up on security cameras. That was it. He could feel the grey pained move down his body, finally reaching his heart. The pained infected his heart, setting up a work station. It then pumped more of the dark fluid through his body. His skin turned ghost white, his eyes turned black and his stomach bulged up. His body swelled up, more, and more, until the skin on his body was stretched tight. Finally, it exploded, spreading more of the grey fluid everywhere. There was just enough fluid to cover up the graphic he had been spray painting.
We are the Revs.

The Revs. They are amazing humans. They can see the big picture with perfect clarity. When the Revs first appeared, the government of the city hardly noticed. But as time went on, more and more Revs were showing up. It wouldn’t be long before the Revs would lead a full attack on the city. The Mayor of the city was John Smith. He viewed all creativity as a waste of energy. When Mr. Smith saw the Revs begin to swell in number, he decided to take action. Mr. Smith was a genius when it came to warfare, he had created many different weapons to use against his foes. This was how he got into his position, by destroying anything that was different from him. Mr. Smith eventually invented a new type of weapon. The pained. The pained was a special fluid that would attack a persons heart using it to pump more of itself into the entire body, eventually causing the victim to explode.
Mr. Smith smiled at his new invention.
“Time to bring the hammer down on those damned hippies.”

I've Revised the plot. The classes are now not confined to only artists, intead they are called REVS short for revolutionaries.

I've revised the classes and added a new class. Activist.

Name/Nickname: Yep.
Appearance: 6 sentences
History:7 sentences
Personality:6 sentences
Weapon: Art tools and megaphones are your primary weapons. You can only use abilities if you have your primary tool with you. (Activists would need their megaphone, mosaics would need there brush.) When you turn level 3 you are allowed to carry a secondary weapon: Swords, Shields, even bow and arrows are allowed. You can use these weapons to expand your abilities even more.
Abstracts riding a buddy with a sword dipped in paint anybody?

Rev: Your class.

Types of Rev. (Classes)

Mosaic: Revs who use this type of art take bits and pieces of surrounding colors to attack the enemy. Some of their abilities include "Mortar Paint" and "Color twist". Often use brushes to take colors off of surfaces and combine them, although other ways of combining are possible.
Lv.1:
Color blast: Uses your weapon to shoot a variety of colors at the enemy, causes average damage.
Particle whip: Small amounts of color arranged into a whip which the mosaic can then use as a weapon.

Lv.2:
The Hammer: Small amounts of color arranged into a hammer, hammer has limited range with high damage output.
Mortar paint: Transforms surround area into paint, rockets of color then shoot up in the sky. The rockets fall down three posts later. Cause mass damage and can only hit a few enemies.

Lv.3:
Color twist: Take colors around the foe and combine them. 50 percent chance of blinding the foe for two posts.
Disguise: Blend your self with the environment for 3 posts. Can only use color blast while in this state.

Lv.4:
Combination: Fuse your own particles with an enemy to have temporary access to their powers.
REV Mosaic: You create a brilliant piece of artwork, takes 5 posts. When completed the mosaic gives you and your allies powered up abilities for 5 posts. Use it well.

Abstract: Totally random, yet somehow beautiful. These Revs have an assortment of odd abilities. Abstracts tend to avoid direct use of weapons as their defenses are low.
Lv.1:
Stupefy: An odd dance is performed, causing the enemy to become confused.
Color slap: The Abstract converts a small portion of area next to him into paint. Then dips his hand in the paint. The next slap from the Abstract will cause mass damage.
Lv.2:
My buddy!: An odd sphere of paint comes out of nowhere.
Canvas: The Abstract sweeps his hand across the entire battle field causing it to become completely white.
Lv.3:
MY! Buddy!: The color sphere then becomes a horrendous monster, the Abstract can then ride on it’s back.
No canvas: The Abstract waves his hand back across the whole battle field causing a multitude of paint puddles to form, the puddles cause poison damage to all enemies.
Lv.4:
Captivate: The Abstract performs an extremely strange dance involving rubber chickens, serebii joe and a half naked mouse. The enemy is emotionally scarred.

Sketch: These Revs use their sketches to recreate situations. They have to use the move concentrate before they use their attacks and have low defenses and attack. “Dragons hearth” “Antiestblishmentalism” are a couple of their moves.
Lv.1:
Remember that one time..: The sketch recreates a situation from their history. This means making the battle field anything you want.
Concentrate: The sketch must use this before any other move.
Lv.2: Antiestablishmentalism: The Sketch takes one of his pencils and snaps it in two causing a ripple of lead to burst out around him.
My love..: The Sketch sketches his crush, inspiration is given to all your teammates and attacks are powered up.
Lv.3:
Shade: Causes next attack to become more powerful.
Free mind: Allows the Sketch to change the battlefield completely from their mind.
Lv.4:
Dragons hearth: A powerful dragon is sketched, causing an actual dragon crash down to the battle field. Wow.

Activists: Activists seek to create knowledge among the people. They often carry megaphones and wear T-shirts describing their disgust for the government. Activists have good attack and defenses. They usually go in on the front lines.
Lv.1:
HELLO?: The activist shouts something in his microphone causing good damage to all enemies near.
Did you know that…: The activist opens the enemies minds, making some enemies fight each other.
Lv.2:
Can you hear me?: The Activist screeches into his megaphone. The enemy becomes weaker to sound based attacks for 5 posts.
Lets break it down: The Activist goes into a long speech about global warming. Half of the enemies nearby fall asleep.
Lv.3:
WAKE UP!!: The Activist shouts, causing enemies who are asleep to wake up and attack anything nearby.
Enthusiasm: The Activist takes his weapon and goes into a fierce flurry of combos, hitting the enemy for massive damage.
Lv.4:
REV Activist: The Activist stomps his foot on the ground. All other sounds stop. The activist clears his throat. Any sound based attacks reach all enemies for 3 posts.
SCREW THE SYSTEM!: The Activist shouts, causing fear in the enemies near by.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.