• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG IDEAS - Share your thoughts here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
Since this tread is active agian, I thought I'd post my idea.

I'm thinking of making a Final Fantasy style (like magic, jobs and races) RPG. It would be set in a place called Neo-Rome/Athens (I'm not sure if I want to base it off of Greek or Roman, but I know more Greek. I might keep Rome and use Grecian.) . The various summons would be "gods" and they would call on a group of people to do a task or something for them. It's sort of vauge at the moment, but it could be really good if I could get some ideas for a plot...

cdra1617

Not a Seadra
Tifa: Err... no plot. Yeah, make one please... o.o

Mighty: Interesting, but perhaps use what Argent suggested or your new idea, because that sounds a tad odd o.o

Mallion: Keep working on it, it could turn out interesting. I just think it needs to be more solid than your current outline of ideas.

Argent: That looks quite interesting, actually. Everything is well planned out and sounds good... You would likely find me in that RPG. ^^

Princess Sapphire: Yeah, this being a forum roleplay that just doesn't work... that is made to be a Pokemon game, so it couldn't be made to work here... if you made a different plot and such like Argent mentioned, then it could be a forum thing... but not in its current state. So just reread what Argent said basically. o.o

Jerichi: Hm... with a story, that idea would most likely prove to be a good roleplay. I will try to come up with some sort of plot for you, because it sounds interesting... ^^

MalionX

<Is Ash gay or what?
Ok... I've been working on this KH:Alternate Universe thing.
Perhaps the merging of Square and Disney caused a rip in the fabric of the multiverse, and now it has split even farther.
Worlds are brancing of, covering all aspects of culture, from video games to tv to comics to the internet...
And all these worlds can accessed by each worlds indivual keyblade weilder.
The Keyblade weilder of each universe has the power to open and close their connection between the other universes using the keyblade.

This is where you come in, being a keyblader from an exotic land, you accedently (or purposley) open the gate between the universes.
You now able to travel to anywhere within the multiverse...
For good or ill.

But what will all this traveling do to the multiverse?
Will it eventually tear itself out of existance?
Thats something for the Multi-Gods to know, and us to find out.

((I think its a good idea... its just hard to describe.
Imagine a portal world, and each portal goes to a different world... from Dora the Explorer to The O.C.... the Sky is no longer the limit.))

Jon Jen

Super Coordinator
It might have something to do with the fact that I've been reading Death Note all day, but I really want to participate in a "Battle of Wits" RPG. I've never seen this done before, and I kind of want to try to host it for this reason, but that kind of defeats the purpose of me participating in a battle of wits, huh?

Furthermore, I'm considering making an RPG now, based mostly on my obsession over "Magical Vacation", or at least the little I've heard about that I might very easily be disappointed in when it comes out or I play it, or even start looking into it. >_> The part of it that I like is the lighthearted take to a somewhat *coughworn-outcough* concept, World Travel. If you don't know what I'm talking about, a list will suffice:

Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE
Kingdom Hearts *I love it, but it's true.*

Okay, so that's only two examples, but it is getting a little tired. >__>;; In any case, it might make for a decent RPG? Or something on Lostmagic? I dunno. Magic needs a lot more props, in my humble opinion. Well, rant over.

Argent

A piece of the whole
Jerichi:

Hmm, plot development… first off, I’m not going to give you your plot, because that would defeat the purpose of making an RP. It’s your story to create, and you need to find it for yourself or else nothing I suggest would do you justice. If it’s not your story, then you yourself wouldn’t know what should happen when as well.

But ideas, hrm… well, I like the Neo-Greek setting, but I have two different visions of what “Neo-Greece” would look like. In one world I see a complete re-enactment of Ancient Greece, where they don’t have electric outlets and the like. The second world is more futuristic, trying to use Greece as a model for an ideal city. Also, a common theme of Greek stories is a tyrannical/clumsy king, a city in peril or dispirited, and threat of impending doom at the hands of some omniscient figure. Some things to answer is “What is this world look like?” “What is the problem the world is facing?” “Who or what is causing this problem?” “How can this problem be solved?” Seeing as its Greece, you can have a lot of mythological beasts mucking things up—or even a wayward God.

Try working with it and feel free to put what you come up with here. ^_^

MalionX

OK, good skeletal structure, but as the adjective suggests your story as of right now is a bit too lean. From this point, I would suggest you start working on a plot to fit with the world and really work on description.

Let me pull a sentence and show you what I mean.

Worlds are brancing of, covering all aspects of culture, from video games to tv to comics to the internet...

Would be more interesting if it were something like

Sora knew the worlds stretched far, to many worlds that he never could imagine. But he could not fathom how vast these pathways reached. As he journeyed through the lands, he saw more worlds, more curiosities, and, as always, more friends. Ceaselessly he’d visit these worlds, searching for that part of himself he felt he lacked, but never finding it.

Later, in Traverse, Sora’s friends waited like he told them to. They tried going about their days like they did before meeting him, but knew that a bit of their heart disappeared with him. Hours crept, days crept, soon weeks crept by with no word from his friend. “We must find him…”

OK, you get the idea. The point is, its more then just allowing more worlds to go to, but having a story behind it which requires exploration of these worlds. Another big suggestion I would offer is to read this and to try participating in an RP before trying to make one.

Jon Jen:

Some interesting ideas there, but I would like to see some ideas of how the RPG will be structured and what the story would be like. Honestly one of the nice things I like about RPGing is you could make an RP about babysitting a pack of rambunctious Pokebabies interesting if you know how to do it. ^_^

I really don’t know what you mean by a “Battle of Wits” as I haven’t read Deathnote all that well, so if you don’t mind giving me an example of what you mean, perhaps there is a way to make it work… also, a journeyish RP is… OK to start, but there really needs to be a plot which allows the RPers to experience a story more then “walk – fight – discuss – play – walk – fight – discuss – play.”

Put something with a little more content up, and we’ll work with it. ^_^

Urahara

Showtimu da!
Jerichi: Hmm... I've not seen too many class-based RPGs (or maybe I haven't been looking hard enough >.>)... But it could work. As far as suggestions...*Points to Argent's post*

Malion: ...Argent took the words out of my mouth again. There's gotta be a reason behind the worlds.

Jon: A battle of wits, eh? I suppose it could work, though it would be incredibly tough. If you're talking about a straight Death Note RPG, though, I don't think that it'd work. Once the characters learn each other's names, it'd become a contest of who can whip out their Note the fastest.

As far as that World Travel idea goes... Hmm.. I can't really say anything until I've seen a plot for it. Depending on how it's done, it could be great.

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
I was thinking that it would be a semi-modern-style RPG, but I could lean either way. I wouldn't want flying cars futristic, but a little more than what Greece was in anchient times. To the extent of machines, maybe? Like Machina from FFX. It would be set during a peace time, after a long and devistating war between the "gods" and the beasts, or something along the lines of that, and Neo-Athens would be a safehaven for everyone, as for most everything else would be destroyed or in bad condition.

I was thinking of making it a bit open ended in charecter creation, as for, if it is to the right extent, it could make an RPG better. I'm thinking of letting them be any FF race; I'm not very good at selecting or making specific races. I had the idea of giving them elemental weapons, but that would sort of kill a little of the openness of it. I could be boring and let them take elements themselves and make weapons based upon them. People might like that a bit better. Twould work if I can't think of anything else, but I'm shooting for orginality. I might have to make a few sacrifices here and there, but overall it should be farily fresh and new.

As for the story, I was thinking that they would recrute X number of people to restore the ruins of the world that was destroyed by the raging war. I also had the idea for a contest of some sort, but that's hard to control RP wise. The restoration plot sounds workable to me, and it could be a pretty fun thing to work with.

MalionX

<Is Ash gay or what?
I'm actually not that familiar with the KH franshise... what I mostly like is the crossover concept...
So if I can use my extreme crossover concept without using KH (although the Keyblade part is cool too... thats another reason I chose it) then I might just do that...

But I really don't have enought KH knowhow to make a plausible plot-line.

((Perhaps I may do a Pokemon TCG RP... if that is possible... or hasn't be done before... though it probably has))

Kev Chi

Guardian
Well, I've got an idea for an RPG. It'll be based on Tales of Symphonia.

Genre: Fantasy. I'm sure alot of you have either played or heard of the game. I'd probably base it on the same story of the game. (What can I say? I thought the story was good. :D) Maybe I'll have Yggdrasill come back or maybe the four-armed skull guy do something. Probably ask someone whos signing up to be the chosen. Have to unlock all the seals again, get all the summons (though I'd probably get them right after the seals happen, then after getting all the seals in the first land, get the summons in the same land then travel to the other land for the other summons.)

How many sign ups you're looking for: Probably not a whole lot, maybe 9 including myself, maybe not even that many seeing how I'll probably be altering the story a bit.

What you expect sign ups to be like: Probably the norm sign up form: Name, age, sex etc etc. If I know you as a good rpger, I won't ask for a sample. On the other hand, if I don't, I'll ask you to PM me a sample.

Possible ratings: A...I guess all I'm hoping for is you rate 3 stars. This will be my first RPG so I don't expect it to be awesome. =P

Thanks again. ^_^

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Okay Here are my ideas for a RPG, they are summaries though.

Imbalance: Two Different Worlds Collide
Crazy Pokemon/ Digimon Mixed RPG

Summary: What happens is a meteor hit the pokemon world knocking it off its orbit toward the human world that connected to the Digital World. Using their entire power guardian of both worlds put up a powerful barrier to protect their planet. Though there were more guardians in than pokemon then in the digimon's they were still weaken by the meteor incident. Their powers were equal in strength. Then something unusual happen... the two worlds combine and with that a new being was created. They are called hybridmon(not sure to if I should use that name...) which are digimon and pokemon mixed creatures. When the worlds combined some of the pokemon and digimon with the same energy level became one. But it was all good... Ho-oh the greatest guardian of the Pokemon world was united with a evil digimon. The evil of the digimon out-weight the good and Ho-oh was overtaken by evil. They build an evil army and capture some of the guardians locking them away. Good pokemon, digimon and hybridmon are being withered away, they send out an email to the human world in hopes that help will soon come their way.

Just so you know that all humans of the pokemon world had perish before the worlds combine and the hybridmon though the develop moves from both pokemon and digimon but there's a bit of a problem with them. They have mental conflicts with themselves. Memory of both pokemon and digimon and blend together and it cause much friction. The more different the hybridmon is the worst conflicts are.

For example is a fire-based pokemon is mixed with a water-based digimon. When they go near water one part of it mind will say water is bad while other will said water is good and that is the problem.

Well that all for that one on to my next one.

The FORUM World

This is an idea I got when I was sitting in my classroom bored out of my mind and I just for some reason started thinking about this.

Summary: You are an average RPGer or maybe you’re a fic writer or maybe you’re just a roaming member of a forum that just happens to the RPG section. Anyway you see this thread called the "Best Adventure..." For an reason only know to you click on it... maybe your curious and you think at if just another newb/noob thread just went to help set them on the right track or tell them what they did wrong. As you click on it you notice that the whole post is completely blank but yet it was taken up at least 3 pages worth of room. It wasn't possible for that to happen… was it? The sudden in sky blue letters the words come up "Welcome You will now enter The FORUM" and whole screen glows to same color blue as the words glowing brighter until it blinds you... As you waken you find yourself on a grassy field wearing a cloak with you normal clothes under it. You are in the FORUM but you don't know that and you don't quite know you purpose of being there.
+=+=+

I still working the things out with that one but you will have be able to you use POST(Powerful Outburst of Strength of Thought) with is a power to use your thought to make unusual things happens though you can only use minimize portion. When you use post it tires you out. I'm also going to put terms from Forum and RPG and get them new meaning like RPG=Really Powerful/Potential Guy/Gal.

I have one more but it still in the thinking process with this one...

[Still searching for a title...]​

Summary: What happens is a space rock fall from the sky carrying a substance like the everstone but it much more powerful. A lot of it break up in the atmosphere and become scattered into air. It stopped pokemon from evolving causing three different reactions to of them. Some of them were happy because they didn't want to evolve, the next ones became extremely depressed losing that special part of themselves and the last reaction is rage like not nothing you ever seen. Anger at the world that they feel cursed them; they began to destroy everything... Scientists having a small sample of the stone created a spray the will get rid of the particle in the air and prevent to growth of the unable to evolve pokemon who might turned to furious destructive creatures.

Pokemon who are unable to evolve gain a new power/attack at has enough power to take out a pokemon who is fully evolved which makes them even more dangerous.
+=+=+

I'm not sure if I should make it human or pokemon or both sign-up... Anyway what do you think about though ideas? If you have any questions just ask me. I really would like to here you guys opinions.

Bandana

*~Friends/Rivals~*
InnerFlame: You like the whole meteor thing eh?
I like the Forum World best, but I have no idea what good or bad points to look for in a suggestion. I'm still trying to figure out an idea, the ideas only seem to come to me when I'm not thinking, and when I want them they disappear.
But heres one I've remembered:

Carry On The Duty

The Oracle is frustrated that the Guardians of the Veil have disappeared into thin air. It has been months since anyone last saw them in Meridian and Earth and now the Council of Kandrakar must appoint new Guardians of the Veil. As the Oracle is about to choose the new Guardians of the Veil, the Queen of Meridian collapses on the floor, in her palace, ending herself up in a coma.
Meridian is very upset about this and they want the Oracles help.
So the Oracle does a rush job in picking the Guardians and then turns his attention to the Queen's coma. The Oracle conjured up an astral-drop like being to serve as a double of the Queen, to not make the people of Meridian worry about their beloved Queen.
But theres still the question on what caused the former Guardians of the Veil to disappear. Who is behind it? And what happened to the Queen of Meridian? What is going on in the world of Meridian?

Yeah, its a W.i.t.c.h. RPG. If anyone here knows what W.i.t.c.h. is. Basically you play as one of the newly selected Guardians of the Veil. And your main mission is to find out what happened to the Queen and the former Guardians of the Veil.
This is just one of those random ideas. And this is just a rough idea, so its roughly written. But I have no idea if many people on SPPF know about W.i.t.c.h. let alone like it.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
You like the whole meteor thing eh?

Nah I just use meteors as my catalyst to get a reaction, some change at all. Meteor can be so much more than just a space rock.

I like the Forum World best, but I have no idea what good or bad points to look for in a suggestion. I'm still trying to figure out an idea, the ideas only seem to come to me when I'm not thinking, and when I want them they disappear.

That's okay, maybe you should try writing it down that always help but then again my ideas always seem to find their way back to me like a doggy. Then new ideas just pop up at random and that pretty much why I write them down.

About the W.I.T.C.H RPG will all the guardian be female? If the pervious W.I.T.C.H team just disappear how will the new people get their powers? That um heart thing was only thing that allow the last people to transform into them in the first place.

That just something to think about if you going to create that RPG

Urahara

Showtimu da!
Kev: For those ideas to work, you'd have to pull some serious voodoo on the storyline. IE:
Yggdrasil can't have died, the worlds couldn't have merged, etc.
. For it to work, it'd probably have to be either before the events of the game, or after the events of Tales of Legendia.

Inner: You're quite the creative one... I also like the FORUM idea the best at the moment. Quick question though: will everyone's POST abilities be different?

Bangers: Having no knowledge of the series, I cannot say anything regarding this RPG.

Last edited:

Bandana

*~Friends/Rivals~*
Urahara: I knew someone would say that.

InnerFlame: You're right! I can't believe I overlooked that! (hits self on head numerous times)
If I make all the Guardians female that would be a bit sexist, so there would be boys allowed. But preferrably girls.
For the Heart thing, I feel dumb for not thinking about it before. Hmm..... Either the Heart left Will and returned to Kandrakar or some magical item (ie, bracelet, ring) gave them their powers. But the first idea makes more sense.
Now to think why the Heart left Will. Maybe they died? No. I would never kill the W.i.t.c.h. girls.
Heres why the Heart left Will: The Guardians are unable to fight anymore or something and Will sends the Heart back to Kandrakar to protect it from whatever evil power I make behind this.

And I remembered another idea. But I don't know if it would work--
Basically a pokemon version of Lost. If anyone knows what Lost is. If you don't heres a basic, quick, summary:
A plane crashed, stranding people on an unknown island. And something else lives on that island. The survivors from the back end of the plane (is that Anna-Lucia's end? Either way, it was the part with Anna-Lucia) mainly got hunted down by them. And I haven't watched the last two eps (or even the first season. *Ducks thrown objects*) so thats all I can say about Lost for now. Somehow I don't think that an idea like that could work. Maybe someone who knows more about Lost than I do can pull it off.

ESPEON FOREVER

<Soto the Quilava!
I had and idea for a RPG that could maybe be good. It's supposed to be the sequel to a story I'm making (which probably won't end up on the forums). This is just a short version of the plot

Revenge of the Wolves

A few decades ago, a peaceful forest was brought into danger and bloodshed by the evil of one species. Man. They came as hunters, killing any animal they could find, just for sport. They almost brought the forest into chaos, for they were destroying the balance of nature. The main carnivore of the forest was being kiled off, and if the hunters would have succeded, then nothing would end the ever-growing population of moose and deer. But that did not happen, because the fight between man and wolf was won by wolf. The pack, the wolves of the forest, managed to defeat the hunters, and drive them out of their home. Peace was restored, but it couldn't last.

Now the old members of the pack are no more, but their grandchildren are living in the same forest they won back, thriving and living well. They are all that remains of them, and the ones who must follow thier ancestor's fate, because the hunters are back. And this time, they have renforcements. These hunters have more modern weapons, better knowlege of wolf behavior, and this time, they brought hunting dogs. Now saving the forest will be even harder, and prey is now scarce due to the hunter's arrival and the winter that's approaching. Many wolves died last time, can the pack survive now? If they don't chaos will befall the forest that rests in their paws.

Also, note that (if I really make this) you would be playing as wild animals, so the wolves wouldn't know about humans, or their weapons, or anything involving them. All they would know is an instinctive fear of them. Dogs may know more, but not to an extreme extent. And lone wolves would have the fear of humans, but know nothing of them or the pack.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Inner: You're quite the creative one... I also like the FORUM idea the best at the moment. Quick question though: will everyone's POST abilities be different?

You be suprise if you knew many fic ideas I have... I have three more RPG ideas but I haven't yet given them a soild plot.

About the POST your POST depend on your creative level pretty much... but like I said you can only use so much because POST uses up your energy and you won't want to be weaken out if you're about to fight a horde of Noobs(which are feared on Forums because they normally attack in large groups and destroy towns and forcing other out into the dangerous wildnerness).

POST also has it limits though... you can't bring people back to life, you can't just kill people, you can't change one personality, and you can't make yourself invincible. You can control other people but it illegal and if you do it you will have everyone after you and hating you might get banned(Still thinking of what that should stand for...) if they caught you.
______

While their you answer Urahara... and a little extra too about post... I only hope that if I make this RPG that I won't have a bunch of newb/noob that will try to abuse their POST powers. I wonder if there a way for me to prevent that?

Espeon Forever:

That sound like an interesting idea... I really don't have nothing to add that might help you with it... sorry.

Kev Chi

Guardian
Urahara said:
Kev: For those ideas to work, you'd have to pull some serious voodoo on the storyline. IE: [spoiler-Tales of Symponia Spoilers]Yggdrasil can't have died, the worlds couldn't have merged, etc.[/spoiler]. For it to work, it'd probably have to be either before the events of the game, or after the events of Tales of Legendia.
Too late, I already started it. ^^; It's kind on the flop atm. No one hasn't posted in it for awhile now. =P

Bandana

*~Friends/Rivals~*
ESPEON FOREVER: Yeah. Men are evil. Women on the other hand.... Just kidding! ^o^ Men and Women would have been equally as bad LOL
But nice idea. I like it. But would the Wolves fight humans off into extinction? Would they make hu,ans extinct, or kill enough humans to make them keep away from their forest?

Wat.
I have an idea for a Zatch Bell/Kirby/Pokemon RPG:
When it takes place:
Zatch Bell: 1,000 years after Zatch becomes King and beats MamordoZ.
Pokemon: All humans have died. Pokemon still excist, however.
Kirby: A time when Kirby and King Dedede were at a truce

Story: The Battle to be the King of all Mamotos has begon! Since humans have died, a twist was made for this challenge: Pokemon read the monsters' books! Only certain Pokemon could read their books however.

One normal day, a group of ten Pokemon, some of which were partners with Mamotos, stumbled into the lair of Zacharonu, the son of MamordoZ. Two other Mamotos were there with him. They listened to their chat,
"I will blow this world up, one way or another. I can careless about blowing it up. I just need to destroy it," said someone.
"But Zacharonu, why must this world be destroyed?" another creature at the area said.
"If no more humans or Pokemon lived, when I become King, there will be no won who can read books. Thus, I would be King forever," said the same guy who wanted to destroy the Earth.

The Pokemon who were uninvited guests left, and decided they need to stop them.

Mean while, Dreamland was a happy place. Until Meta Knight came back from his vacation.
"Kirby....you could.....be the last......Warp Star Knight......" said Meta Knight. "I was visiting Earth....an explosion happened........I went too search the area and....a powerful creature had caused the explosion. It was bent On world destruction...I waited for another creature to battle it.....One did. All of a sudden the creature sent out a ray of energy and killed it. It plans on blowing up the Earth if that happens, Dream land will be destroyed." Kirby was worried, an went with Meta Knightto King Dedede's castle.

After explaining the situation, King Dedede and one of his Waddle Dees decided they would help Meta Knight and Kirby to save dream land.

Is this a good idea or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.