• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG IDEAS - Share your thoughts here

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTurquoiseTauros!

This is bull crap!!!
ummm...........it sounds.........ok....I guess. I personaly woudnt sign up for it. Sometimes the more stuff you put into an RPG doesnt make it better. It makes it worse.

Bandana

*~Friends/Rivals~*
Toge-oge the Togepi: I think threes a bit much for a crossover. Maybe two instead.
And I put up my W.i.t.c.h. RPG just to see what would happen.

Arcanine Royale

I have this really good idea for a RPG - though it would depend on the ability of the RPer.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
Where creatures called pokemon dwell...

Poke Wars

The galaxy is in perilous turmoil.
A group called the Merchant’s
Coalition has laid siege upon
the Ampharos planet of Cathara
Two Galactican Knights are sent
To the Coalition’s flag ship, The
Crimson Maiden, to persuade
The Coalition to stop the trade
blockade.

What results is a war greater
Than the wars of ever before,
A war so great that the Republic
Must summon an army of clones
To stop the Android Revolution
Coalition.

A war roleplay, Poke Wars Battlefront would be like Star Wars but would have pokemon instead of humans and aliens.

What do you think?

Arcanine Royale

TheTurquoiseTauros! said:
I really like that idea!^ I know I would sign up for it! It just needs ALOT more detail for the plot.

Yeah, this is really just the framework for it. I've just started developing all the planets and factions and such. I am thinking of opening a thread in the cafe and taking suggestions for planets. Also, the RP would start with the battle on Cathara and would eventually escalate into the full grown Clone Wars. Beyond that, that would depend upon the roleplayers.

katiekitten

The Compromise
It's alright, but pokemon and aliens? They don't really mix, IMO. Nevermind. :) I just don't like the movies that much, so just ignore me. XD I'm not much of a sci-fi person.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Arcanine Royale: I really have nothing to say... I only saw two video of Star Wars and both were before Luke... I really have no idea of what you talking about... What is the Coalitation, Galactican Knights[There the ones with the light saber right?], not being a Star Wars fan I don't understand it.

Here another idea I had it just came back to me:

Competition to Find the Best​

Summary: In the universe there are many worlds. Each with their unique animals, plant life and way of living. Though most of these world will probably never meet due the millions of miles of space between there planet. Four worlds catches the eye of certain planet... They are the Digimon World, Pokemon's Planet, The World of the Dragon Warrior Monsters, and The Planet of the Neopets. Intrigue in the creatures that dwell there he wonder which one was more superior than the other. He decide to make a competition to find out.
+++++

I was thinking six creatures from each world, each one of them got to be fast, smart, strong, has good reflexes, good fighter, and able to fit in small places. Above all of that they have to be able to work together as a group. They could have more than one of the things above but they have to better at one thing.

There are some devices to make things easier, Digimon has one stuck on them somewhere to help them digivolve without the help of their human partner. Pokemon also have one on their cheeks or around their neck... it changes their pokemon language into English so other can understand them.

Other thing to add to make sure that all of them will participate in the competition they have something that is dear to them, their trainer, partner, tamer, or owner. If they refuse to do a challenge they inflict pain on them and to make sure they work their hardest in whatever challenge is given to them the losers' will watch on screen their friend getting hurt.
+++++

I was thinking of making this into a fic but it too many characters for me to handle now. Anyway what do you think?

Bandana

*~Friends/Rivals~*
Arcanine Royale: I'd actually prefer Pokemon more than Aliens so it's a good idea making them Pokemon. But what about the Legendaries? Are there certain Pokemon that you can't play as? And what about the Pokemon on four feet? How could they handle a Light Saber? Are some species of Pokemon more intelligent than the others? What Pokemon are allies and enemies?
Sorry if it's too many questions!

InnerFlame: Wow, you have heaps of ideas in your head, eh? Is your idea like a crossover? Because theres alot of species. Pokemon, Digimon, Neopets and the other one. I think it's okay that theres four different species since only a few of them would meet. But poor things! Being forced to fight. I guess it kinda works for the plot though.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Yup and that why I have such a hard time writing fic... A keep on getting another idea for another one while I'm trying to write just one.

Yes it is... four different creatures from games and tv shows. Dragon Warrior Monster is the last world... it kind of like pokemon in a way minus the evolving and throwing devices to capture them. The creatures in this world are called Monsters. Instead trying to capture the monster you have to befriend it by giving it food(Which I think is a much better way then in just throwing a ball at a free pokemon and then making it do what you want). The monster can breed with any other specie of monster which in a way is a good thing because the baby gets attacks from both of its parents... That enough about the Dragon Warrior Monster for now...

Anyway they are meeting on a different alien like world, they don't just battle one another they have other things like racing which will require the fastest running or flyer in the group. The reason I have to push them into a doing varies task is because it possible they wouldn't want to fight or something else or they won't give it their all. So they need a little motivation to keep at them at top quality.

Last edited:

Arcanine Royale

Basically, the erect pokemon would be "humans" and the four legged ones would be more like animals. The legendaries would probably be like, um, um, good question. I'm not really sure, as this was just an idea.

Also, think of Poke Wars as more of a similar world to Star Wars, but with different groups. The Galactican Knights instead of Jedi Knights and the Android Revolution Coalition instead of the CIS. Pokemon on each side would depend upon what planet they are from. Republic clones are cloned from Galactican knights, so whatever species of knight they were clone from they would be. CIS droids would just be droids I guess, and the droid commanders would be pokemon. Planets, except for mega-city ones, would have a native species of pokemon. Or, if they were colonized, they would have a variety of them.

TheTurquoiseTauros!

This is bull crap!!!
Inner Flame: I LOVE that idea!! I like neopets and pokemon AND digimon so its an awsome idea........Would we be able to pick any neopet, like my favorite.....ZAFARA!!

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Yes you can but you have to remember he got be good at something like he fast/good fighter or he will be pretty useless in the competitions.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
I might not be making it anytime soon, but I have too many ideas in my head and have to put them down. It is a kind of crossover that contains charaters dpending on what you sign up as.

Long, long ago, this race, the metrolites (I don't know..) were an intelligent race with all the technology and such. but an evil alien race came to destroy trhem and steal their technology to become the most advance race ever.

Well, eventually the Metro guys figure that there, well, doomed, so they create a special dimension teleporter that will, one day bring up these warriors form other dimensions to get rid of the aliens, they then hid it in a place it could never be found, to be afe.

The aliens learned of this amd new that once that thing activated, they'd stand no chance, and because they couldn't find their teleporter, they created their own teleporter that would seek outt he eavilest beings and even make their inner evil come out more. This would be made to activate at the same time the other did,

SO, what the sign-uppers would do would thaat htey take the place of a warrior in the future, good or evil, that have been brought up once the two races had faded away. They are basically any cartoon/anime characters, good, or evil of their chioce. For those characters who don't really have abilities, ll 'warriors' are given special armor that gives them strenght, weapons, ya know, the works.

I could go into more detail, but how's it look?

katiekitten

The Compromise
Arcanine Royale said:
KatieKitten, I meant pokemon INSTEAD of humans and aliens.

In that case, I like the idea. XD

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Okay let me get this straight... aliens created a teleporter that can take people from different dimensions and bring them to their world, evil aliens caught word of it and search for the well hidden device but fail, they decide to make their own that will take evil people from other dimensions and the balance of good and evil is disturb... That sounds about right?

Does video game characters count?[I don't watch too many cartoons and/or read anime.]

It sound like an interesting idea but... I have a very hard time staying in character with people who already have personality...

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
InnerFlame, you have it about right. And when it comes to Video Game characters- I guess it really depends on how much of a character they have already, I mena personality.

Oh ,and just realized, it wasn ot the aliens who created the first teleporter, it was the home race who made it first.

Melodrama

Aim Towards Heaven
Well, this was an idea I posted in a similar topic on another forum. As I have received no comments yet there, I'm willing to try and start roleplaying here again.

The Eight Angels
[title to be changed ; a Digimon idea by Melodrama]​

In the beginning, there was nothing...a blank void known as Chaos. Almost immaculate, however, emerged three shafts of light from the center of this nothing, in yellow, red, and a dark purple close to black. The trails these goddesses had left behind them created the cosmos. The yellow was Fancumon, now known as The Maiden; Mèremon, or The Mother, was the fiery crimson light; Dark violet was known as Stregamon, or The Crone. Together, they had divided the cosmos into two planes; these were the physical and astral planes. In the physical realm, there were many mortals who had lived mainly independent lives; the astral realm consisted of the heavens, where the humanoid goddesses bestowed judgement onto the fate of those departed from the physical realm. The main connections were found by believers in magic and prayer, and a world full of fantastic happenings, now known as the Digital World by some.

Predetermined, however, was that to everything, there was an imperfection. In the cases of the trinity creating the two planes, demons were born. These demons plagued the minds of mortals, humanoid and animalistic alike. These birthed the different beliefs and faiths, as well as warfare. Curiosity and doubtfulness in their creations caused the goddesses to bestow the worst forms of death into the mortals. However, later on, Stregamon had given beliefs to her faithful believers out of regret for her punishment. These were virtues that the believers lived upon and related to, and were later forged into symbols as crests. They were Courage, Friendship, Love, Knowledge, Reliability, Sincerity, and Hope. Later on, however, Nirvana, or Light, was created, believed to be the result of following these virtues throughout one's life.

However, little to the knowledge of the goddesses, the demons had thrived off of the negativity in the world. After the first innocent death of a child claimed by warfare, the demons had taken his body and soul and revived him as what represented the first angel. Dubbed Lucemon by his "creators," the young boy was immediately placed as their leader, and grew off of the negativity in the world. Learning the natural art of the darkness, Lucemon eventually gathered mortal followers, and a secret war in the human world began. Victorious, Lucemon stepped into the temple holding the eight crests, tainting them into his own version of the virtues. They were Wrath, Envy, Lust, Gluttony, Sloth, Pride, Greed, and Sadness, the unfortunate result of what many believed were caused by the goddesses bestowing torment onto them.

Even though this leg of history was forgotten, Lucemon still had believers across the mortal and Digital Worlds. He even saw a point in history where eight children met his specific expectations. As a result, he experimented until he found a way to bring these humans into the Digital World to train them before beginning a crusade against the goddesses...

Autumn in the year 2006. Many desire for school to already be over with, and you are among them. After school on a fine October day, you figure that it'd be best to actually try and walk home. Enjoying the life of your town of residence, you suddenly stop to wonder about what has been happening to you. After having learned about some imperfection about you connecting to the seven deadly sins, you wonder if people pointing out a flaw in you is truly out of honesty. Shrugging your shoulders, you continue your walk home, until you are somehow at a small, somewhat abandoned café, seven others around you. Wondering what had brought the eight of you here, you all step inside.

Inside this store, many things relating to the new age and occult meet your eyes. Almost mesmerized, you are caught in wondering about this before the voice of an old woman stops you.

"Oh, my dears..." she speaks. "Care for some coffee or something to lighten your weary spirits?" Agreeing, you are handed a warm cup of the brewed liquid, each of the eight mugs somehow a different color. Taking a sip, you all look around, before you suddenly start to feel a difference about you. After this, all eight of you faint, feeling as if your souls were being torn from your bodies.

Awakening, you all are still together, but now inside an abandoned, medieval church. A different prescence seems to surround you, as your clothing, and maybe even minor parts of your physical appearance, had changed. Wondering about, you all seem to be met by the same thing - a talking beast carrying a device somewhat resembling a cellular phone. From these beasts you learn about why you have been brought from the physical realm, and feel pressured into agreeing to go with your dark fate. Some will fight it, while others would agree to do the bidding of this "Lucemon." Whatever the case is, you can only tell that there will be a great change in your life after this experience...

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
What a very interesting idea! Digimon RPG where you can be evil if you want. But it lead me to this how will your digimon evolve if you have one of these dark crest if you try to resist it? I really can't see someone begin Gluttony in a middle of an battle... Also does that mean that the digimon at we use are viral? Will they obey even if we refuse to follow Lucemon?

Anyway it a great idea I would join that for sure(Just need to find a good Digidex).

Status
Not open for further replies.