• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG IDEAS - Share your thoughts here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneaky

I do have quite a few RPG ideas, here are two for the moment. I wouldn't consider them very good though, but here they are:

Pirates of the Grand Line
"Wealth, fame, power.
The man who had acquired everything in this world, the pirate king, Gold Roger!"

Gol D. Roger was the the Pirate King, the strongest pirate alive, and owner of the legendary treasure known as One Piece. Born in Roguetown, Roger was famed as the man who did what no one thought possible - he conquered the Grand Line. Even before setting out, he was the only man who truly did not fear the dangers of the Grand Line and was even excited about venturing out there. Even with warnings about ships never returning from that ocean, he did not care; in fact, he even declared that was the reason for him going.

He was said to be completely fearless, and those who witnessed his execution even claim that he smiled gleefully just before his death. He was to be executed in his hometown, Roguetown. And on his deathbed, he said the following words, "My treasure? Why, it's right where I left it, One Piece. It's yours if you can find it. But you'll have to search the whole world!"

Gol D. Roger might have named the place where his treasure was hidden, if not for the execution which interrupted his short speech. Upon his final words and his treasure up for grabs, Gol D. Roger achieved the "Great Age of Piracy", a new era where pirates were reborn and they set sail in search of One Piece. The place where Gol D. Roger hid his treasure was rumoured to be Raftel, the last island of the Grand Line, and that was what all the pirates believed.

The Grand Line is the ocean current that follows an imaginary line that runs east to west across the middle of the world and perpendicular to the Red Line. In effect, it's the equator in the world of One Piece. The Red Line is a vast continent that circles the globe from north to south and functions as a Prime Meridian. These two Lines divide the two oceans of the world into four seas or Blues: North Blue, East Blue, West Blue, and South Blue. This stretch of ocean is said to be the most dangerous place in the world, and is sometimes referred to as the Pirates' Graveyard because of this reputation. There's also appears to be ways of how the Grand Line can be left safely without sailing to the far end of the Grand Line. How that works hasn´t been explained as of yet. Due to the magnetic fields of each island, normal compasses do not work, forcing a navigator to use a "Log Pose" in order to travel. The Log Pose points to the next island on a set path after adapting to the magnetic field of the current island, which can take from days to years. The Grand Line is considered the strongest sea in the world and the World Government is focusing most of their attention on controlling this area.

You are one of the members of a pirate crew with hopes of reaching the Grand Line. Everyone has their own reasons the Grand Line, be it to become the King of Pirates, to draw a map of the entire ocean and so on. Players may choose to have an ability granted by the Devil's Fruit though try not to be too overpowered. There are several spots in the pirate crew and players may take up a maximum of two, though not encouraged so as to allow more players to join.

Here's the next RPG idea:

Tekken: The Devil Gene
The Mishima Zaibatsu, owned originally by Jinpachi Mishima, the Zaibatsu was taken over by Heihachi Mishima, who has run the company for over 40 years except for two brief interims. The companies grouped together in the syndicate include the Mishima Financial Empire, the mercenary group known as Tekken Force and Mishima Heavy Industries. The Mishima Zaibatsu is the main sponsor of the Tekken tournaments. Currently, the company is under the control of Jin Kazama, great grandson of Jinpachi Mishima, who has defeated Jinpachi Mishima in the fifth Tekken Tournament, has gotten control of the Zaibatsu.

The Zaibatsu's biggest competition/rival is the G Corporation, (also known as G Corp.) who mass-produce the Jack robots, seemingly from during the fourth Tekken Tournament. They have both been known for ambushing the other. The Tekken Force raided a G Corporation building on Christmas Day, before being attacked by Heihachi's son Kazuya. Once thought dead, Kazuya returned stronger than ever, taking out the Tekken Force soldiers with ease before sending Heihachi a message via their helmet cameras. The Tekken Force is a private corporate army created by Heihachi Mishima after the King of the Iron Fist Tournament 2 to act as a rapid-response task force. Heihachi dispatches the Tekken Force all over the world to quell small skirmishes in foreign countries in order to gain public approval and hide his true intent for world conquest. He seems to actually care about their lives, as it's said that he "mourned" the loss of an entire squadron that he sent to investigate the ruins that once held Ogre.

Ogre was an ancient war weapon left behind by aliens many years ago. He later was worshipped by the Aztec as a God of Fighting.

Many years after Heihachi reclaimed control of the Mishima Zaibatsu, he formed the Tekken Force, his own military group. One of the missions of the Tekken Force was to search an ancient temple located somewhere in Mexico. Soon after they arrived there, Heihachi learned that his entire force had been obliterated by The God of Fighting, Ogre. Heihachi saw the power of Ogre and sought to capture him.

After Ogre's release, he attacked many world renowned martial arts masters all over the world. Among his many victims were the original King, Baek Doo San, and Jun Kazama, the mother of Jin. Baek, unlike the first King and Jun, managed to survive Ogre's attack. Ogre was also rumored to have attacked Lee Chaolan, Bruce Irvin, the original Kuma, Wang Jinrei, and Kunimitsu, hence he gained some of their moves. However, all of them survived as confirmed in Tekken 4 (Lee) and Tekken 5 (the rest) (except the original Kuma who died in old age afterwards, Jun Kazama, and Kunimitsu who has mysteriously disappeared).

After Ogre's attack on Jun, Jin fled to Heihachi as she had previously instructed. Heihachi decided to train the boy to become a powerful fighter, but Heihachi's intentions were far more sinister than Jin could have predicted, as his true plan to was to make Jin powerful enough to lure Ogre to him.

Eventually, Heihachi announced the King of Iron Fist Tournament 3 as a way to bring Ogre out into the open. Ogre appeared as planned, but was defeated by Paul Phoenix. Ogre was not finished however, and morphed into True Ogre, a more powerful transformation. Heihachi once again attempted to capture Ogre, but his plan was ultimately foiled when Jin killed True Ogre, whose body dissolved into thin air.

Although Ogre was gone, Heihachi devised a new plan to make himself the ultimate warrior by using the genes of Ogre that were collected after the fight with Jin. But Ogre's genome could only be integrated with the Devil gene, which Heihachi did not possess. He knew that Jin and the ressurected Kazuya did, and announced the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4 to lure them out.

Present story... Emily "Lili" Rochefort, daughter of an oil tycoon residing in Monaco. Four years ago, when she was 12 years old, while being attacked by a criminal group making profits from kidnappings, Lili suddenly became violent, and unexpectedly floored one of her attackers. At that moment, she first realized she took pleasure in defeating her opponents. However, deep down inside, Lili is a gentle person; she only wants to please her father, but she knows that he despises fighting. Troubled by her situation, she tells herself, “I don’t want Father to hate me…but I want to continue fighting.” Her desire to fight couldn’t be contained, and for this reason, she uses her family's private jet to travel abroad to take part in worldwide street fighting tournaments, which she enjoyed immensely.

One day, after defeating an opponent in San Francisco, she acquired an invitation to the King Of Iron Fist Tournament 5. Lili noticed that the sponsor of the tournament, the Mishima Zaibatsu, had caused her father much trouble in the past. With the assumption of the Mishima Zaibatsu being a useful potential asset to her father, she was determined to take part in the tournament and win. Rochefort Enterprises has declared bankruptcy after a main trading partner, the Mishima Zaibatsu, collapsed. After Lili realizes this, she agrees to meet Jin Kazama in a deserted church where they would fight it out, the winner would get hold of the Mishima Zaibatsu.

Hwoarang, rival of Jin Kazama and whose motorcycle was destroyed by Devil Jin awhile after the fifth Tekken Tournament, interrupts the fight and eventually, he and Lili team up to battle against Jin. Hwoarang lets go of his bike in the middle of the fight, causing it to collide and explode onto Jin. When the smoke clears, Jin is revealed to have transformed into Devil Jin, a process caused by the Devil Gene that Jinpachi, Kazuya (Jin's father) and Jin carry in their blood.

Devil Jin has become stronger since the end of the fifth Tekken Tournament, mainly due to the power that he absorbed from Jinpachi. However, Devil Jin decides that he is outnumbered by Hwoarang and Lili and escapes the church by shooting a laser beam at a nearby building, having it collapse on the spot where Hwoarang and Lili are standing.

Days later, the sixth King of Iron Fist Tournament is held. The victor of the tournament would gain possession of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Amazingly, Hwoarang and Lili survived the incident at the abandoned church. Lili joins the tournament with hopes of obtaining the Mishima Zaibatsu for her father. Hwoarang joins to battle it out with his rival. Several other strong fighters enter the tournament as well, each with their own reasons, and their own unique fighting styles. And yet, while the sixth King of Iron Fist Tournament progresses, another sinister plot is underway...

Alecat

I'm Back!
Okay, I've had a slight inkling of an idea bouncing around my head for a little while now, and I need help with it because;
a) It has been an age since I last RPed or did any creative writing, and I'm clueless on how to act as GM;
b) It could get too technical if done wrongly;
c) I don't know where to develop the idea!

Anyway, I suppose I should share what I have so far, (unfortunately) it's not a plot summary because I haven't decided what angle to take with it. Basically, I'm thinking that an organisation (like Team Rocket, whatever) is carrying out cyber-crime. Much like thieves in our real world gain access to people's bank accounts and transfer out money, this organisation has managed to exploit weaknesses in the Pokemon transfer system in order to steal rare or prize-winning Pokemon!

I have two main ideas for this - one would be role playing from the point of view of the pokemon, the other would be from a trainer's point of view. Or maybe, (but probably just too confusing and complicated) from both points of view.

I think the concept itself is solid enough, but I'm just not experienced enough to know how to turn it into a good RP. If anyone feels interested in the idea or that they want to bounce ideas with me, maybe you could PM me? In fact, if you want to adopt this idea that's fine with me as long as you tell me and let me have main part in the adaptation and RP itself.

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
@ Alecat - the basic plot sounds good (but don't use Team Rocket), and I think it would be best from a trainer's point of view myself. Of course, it would need to pan out for a lengthy period to make a good RPG but I have no idea how to expand on your idea (I'm not that great with ideas).

That being said, I have an idea for an RPG!

Pokemon: Immigrants United

It begins with a ship full of around 10-20 people (however many the RPG can take) who are all immigrants heading to the land of Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Shinou, having moved from their previous locations to seek a new life. Each immigrant brings a basic form Pokemon with them and when they arrive in the new land they are to build up a succesful life in the land of Pokemon. Each person also gets a bit of money to start off with, which can buy them a flat and a few other neccesities. However they would need to get a job in order to get more money, with realistic salaries. And, of course, the RPers would make their own story interesting.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Interesting free-roaming game but it will need a limit of what the RP can and cannot do. Because they might try to make their story too interesting like seeing legendary pokemon frequently or capturing it(it isn't likely but could happen). You need make sure you make good solid guideline of what they can do.

It might also help is there a secret plot within the RPG so it won't get boring and died like so many others.

Okay I want to start small when I'm doing my first RPG. I was thinking of starting with a RPG where pokemon comes to the real world. What happens is that there is a pokemon convention in a strangely remote place(I was thinking on an island or a mall that you never heard of). You got letter about it which tell you to bring all of your pokemon handheld games because there is going to be pokemon battle with all of the version. You decide to go, bringing all of the games you have. When you get there other than to other people who came it complete deserted. That when your pokemon games begin to vibrate and glow a blood red. As you continue to hold it the red light shoots out of it a forms into pokemon from the game. They give you a furious look, filled with angry and hatred, then lung at you or send an attack your way. You can't move, all you can do it watch the attack come at you and that when you are suddenly protected by other pokemon. More enrage than before they fled into the large area. You are trapped in the isolated place with pokemon that want you dead.....
--------

That just a crude summary of it. I know someone will probably ask why the pokemon from the game would attack their trainers. Well the pokemon from the older game are angry because they feel like the were forgotten and abandon, because as new games come out old ones fade into memories. The pokemon also maybe be mad that you never use them after the have fully evolved and you left them to rot in the PC box.

Do you think this would make a good RPG for my first try at it or should I start with something simpler?

Fiend Ryu

Title Pending
Interesting free-roaming game but it will need a limit of what the RP can and cannot do. Because they might try to make their story too interesting like seeing legendary pokemon frequently or capturing it(it isn't likely but could happen). You need make sure you make good solid guideline of what they can do.

It might also help is there a secret plot within the RPG so it won't get boring and died like so many others.

Okay I want to start small when I'm doing my first RPG. I was thinking of starting with a RPG where pokemon comes to the real world. What happens is that there is a pokemon convention in a strangely remote place(I was thinking on an island or a mall that you never heard of). You got letter about it which tell you to bring all of your pokemon handheld games because there is going to be pokemon battle with all of the version. You decide to go, bringing all of the games you have. When you get there other than to other people who came it complete deserted. That when your pokemon games begin to vibrate and glow a blood red. As you continue to hold it the red light shoots out of it a forms into pokemon from the game. They give you a furious look, filled with angry and hatred, then lung at you or send an attack your way. You can't move, all you can do it watch the attack come at you and that when you are suddenly protected by other pokemon. More enrage than before they fled into the large area. You are trapped in the isolated place with pokemon that want you dead.....
--------

That just a crude summary of it. I know someone will probably ask why the pokemon from the game would attack their trainers. Well the pokemon from the older game are angry because they feel like the were forgotten and abandon, because as new games come out old ones fade into memories. The pokemon also maybe be mad that you never use them after the have fully evolved and you left them to rot in the PC box.

Do you think this would make a good RPG for my first try at it or should I start with something simpler?

I think your RP sounds nice, but then the length of the RP is in question. How long will the entire RPG be? Considering that the setting is a possible mall, I don't think the characters would spend forever there. There might be food to live off of, but I'm not too sure...but if it's on an island, I suppose the RPG sounds pretty cool.

Now, for my idea...well, I feel unoriginal because of all the Pirate RPGs I see in this thread, but whatever...

This is just some of the ideas I have for my RPG...

Pirates' Crusade- The Pokemon Masters of the Sea

It is the dawn of exploration. Explorers from the Kanto, Johto, and Shinou regions have already discovered a new region, which they now call Hoenn. Piracy is dying as pirates are becoming more and more uncommon. They have all either died in their quest- or they have just given up.

However, pirates everywhere want to do at least one last thing before it's too late, and pirating ceases to exist. Is it for fame? Glory? Riches? Fun?

In this world, there are 15 Great Titans, also known as the Gigas. There are also the 2 Grand Gods, and the 3 Mirages.

And then, of course, there's the Prince of the Sea.

Manafi...

The greatest pirate, and Pokemon Trainer in history, Daccat, once befriended this mysterious blue creature. He and his crew were led to a treasure chest the size of an island by Manafi. Amazed, they built a huge base on the island with the treasure, keeping it for themselves. However, the building had upset the Fourteenth Titan, a large green dragon the colour of an emerald. It destroyed Daccat's ship, stranding them on the island. They had no hope of escape- the dragon watched them from above. It blocked the treasure, and left Daccat and his crew to die. They were never heard from again, but Daccat left one last thing of his before he left this world.

He drew a map, leading to the island- he then ripped it into four quarters, engraving his crew's flag and clues on the back of each piece. He put them into four bottles, and let them float out into the ocean, out to four different regions. The three mirages then came to this place, and transported it to an uninhabited region. They then created their own island around the same area- Mirage Island.

The island's building was left untouched. It is now known as the Sky Pillar. These stories are told everywhere now- and now that Hoenn has been discovered, will the Sky Pillar be as well? Pirates' hopes have risen- this new region could be the place of their hopes and dreams.

Yeah, I know, it sucks. I have more to include, like legends and info and stuff. But please comment- I want to know what to improve on, and what I should take out, or whatever else I forgot.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
I don't characters would want to spend forever on a island either. But if I do the mall one there would be food... you would just have to find away to cook it because the electric of the mall has cut or the breakers have been flipped. The only like would be from the window which is enforce with some usually strong flexi-glass.

The island the would have to travel through the wilderness and find fruit or catch fish but still keep in mind you have to cook it somehow. You would have to watch you step because the angry pokemon are in their somewhere in the wilderness and you would need to find shelter from the element.

How long the RPG take will depends on the players take to figure out away to stop the pokemon's murders' ways, which I won't mention :-X

As for you ideas... it maybe the most interesting pirate story that I've read. Though it does leave the question who many people can join. There are only four pieces of the map so only four pirate crew can have a part of the map. Seeing they only have part of the map how will the find the place that they're looking for?

Those are the only things I can think of to ask other then how will the 15 Gigas, 2 Grand Gods, and the 3 Mirages fit into the story?

Last edited:

Fiend Ryu

Title Pending
Actually, I was thinking of four pirate crews, not just four pirates. And the Gigas, Gods, and Mirages aren't really there for much. Just for folklore and sailor stories...y'know, stuff you'd hear in taverns and ports. Maybe some players could interact with them...

But then again, depending on the number of sign ups I get, we may or may not create our own crew members. That is if we don't get enough sign ups though...

EDIT: Dang, I misread your post...

What I meant was that the pirates could attack each other, invading and boarding their ships to get the maps. And you don't nessecarily need to be a pirate. You can be an explorer, a sailor- or whatever.

Last edited:

darkhadow

Beginning Trainer
Here's mine. Criticize all you want, as I like opinions. Anyway here's:

POKEMON:REBELLION

Genre:Adventure
Possible rating: PG

In an abandoned cave in Hoenn, lies the founders of the LITTLE REBELS, a group of Pokemon dedicated to proving superority over the human race. Ever since 1995, they have been growing. And Legendaries AREN'T really rare...They are species like any other poke, and most of them guard the cave and it's surrounding areas.

It's the year 2008, and their group has grown vastly. Pokemon are strangely running away from their trainers, and secretly joining the LITTLE REBELS. Trainers are puzzled. This is happening in other regions too, as the group has spread across tons of regions other then Hoenn.

Then, one September their plans are finished. They are ready to carry out their domination. Without Pokemon to counter Pokemon, everyone seems doomed. But the Armies of the regions have made powerful weapons, and are now just as threatning to the Pokemon!

Players will take the roles as Generals of THE LITTLE REBELS in the region of Hoenn, where the main base is. It is about playing as tyrants, reclaiming the world around you and enslaveing the human race...Extremist, eh?

Players can take the role of ANY pokemon they wish, even new ones. Here's how the profile works.

Name:(Or species)
Motivational reasons:(For joining THE LITTLE REBELS)
History:(Where you were born, how you became a general etc.)
Level:(From 1-100, players can start at the MAXIMUM level of 50)
Moves:(Up to 4)
Species:(What Pokemon are you?)
Description:(What do you look like?)

There will be a battle-system, you battle humans. . The game-masters will post different missions you can go on, players can go in teams. A description of each mission follows, including the maximum level of humans in it.

Battles work by using moves, and logically you can tell who wins. (I'd make it easier somehow!) You don't win any battles if it dosen't make since. No level 5 caterpie beating a level 100 Human!

I will make different moves for different types of humans, and a gamemaster will control the human. They won't be divided by race, but by profession (Or lack of)

Also, you can capture the humans with Pokeballs that are usually targeted at you. You can train the human as your slave, and teach it moves and level it up! As Pokemon gain power, battleing humans is popular.

You level up every 10 battles as a rule, but I'd try to make an easier system for leveling up. You and your human level up. Catching humans depends on the ball, and gamemasters flipping a coin or somthing.
(Also, maybe a separate thread could be made so you could battle your humans!)

The most skilled trainers would capture gym-leaders, or criminal leaders (Like Maxie, Misty etc.) These would be rare and harder to catch then your average human, and powerful (Like legendaries)

In conclusion, it could be when you and pokemon go on missions to rule the world. You level up, and use your moves on enemies. You also catch humans and battle with them, so you could use them to help you on missions.

Oh no! How could I forget the plot? Different plots would occur as it goes on, sort of like a universal mission. Players would apply for a plot-position if they meet requirements. Plots would involve human rebellion, or taking over famous cities...Or betrayal and practically anything!

And lastly, any number of participants is fine. The more the better it would be. Just try to type at least as good as this, I don't want

swampert fite sceptile, use earfqake.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If you read this, thanks!

darkhadow

Beginning Trainer
Here's mine. Criticize all you want, as I like opinions. Anyway here's:

POKEMON:REBELLION

Genre:Adventure
Possible rating: PG

In an abandoned cave in Hoenn, lies the founders of the LITTLE REBELS, a group of Pokemon dedicated to proving superority over the human race. Ever since 1995, they have been growing. And Legendaries AREN'T really rare...They are species like any other poke, and most of them guard the cave and it's surrounding areas.

It's the year 2008, and their group has grown vastly. Pokemon are strangely running away from their trainers, and secretly joining the LITTLE REBELS. Trainers are puzzled. This is happening in other regions too, as the group has spread across tons of regions other then Hoenn.

Then, one September their plans are finished. They are ready to carry out their domination. Without Pokemon to counter Pokemon, everyone seems doomed. But the Armies of the regions have made powerful weapons, and are now just as threatning to the Pokemon!

Players will take the roles as Generals of THE LITTLE REBELS in the region of Hoenn, where the main base is. It is about playing as tyrants, reclaiming the world around you and enslaveing the human race...Extremist, eh?

Players can take the role of ANY pokemon they wish, even new ones. Here's how the profile works.

Name: (Or species)
Motivational reasons: (For joining THE LITTLE REBELS)
History: (Where you were born, how you became a general etc.)
Level : (From 1-100, players can start at the MAXIMUM level of 50)
Moves : (Up to 4)
Species: (What Pokemon are you?)
Description: (What do you look like?)
Personaility: (How do you act?)

There will be a battle-system, you battle humans. . The game-masters will post different missions you can go on, players can go in teams. A description of each mission follows, including the maximum level of humans in it.

Battles work by using moves, and logically you can tell who wins. (I'd make it easier somehow!) You don't win any battles if it dosen't make since. No level 5 caterpie beating a level 100 Human!

I will make different moves for different types of humans, and a gamemaster will control the human. They won't be divided by race, but by profession (Or lack of)

Also, you can capture the humans with Pokeballs that are usually targeted at you. You can train the human as your slave, and teach it moves and level it up! As Pokemon gain power, battleing humans is popular.

You level up every 10 battles as a rule, but I'd try to make an easier system for leveling up. You and your human level up. Catching humans depends on the ball, and gamemasters flipping a coin or somthing.
(Also, maybe a separate thread could be made so you could battle your humans!)

The most skilled trainers would capture gym-leaders, or criminal leaders (Like Maxie, Misty etc.) These would be rare and harder to catch then your average human, and powerful (Like legendaries)

In conclusion, it could be when you and pokemon go on missions to rule the world. You level up, and use your moves on enemies. You also catch humans and battle with them, so you could use them to help you on missions.

Oh no! How could I forget the plot? Different plots would occur as it goes on, sort of like a universal mission. Players would apply for a plot-position if they meet requirements. Plots would involve human rebellion, or taking over famous cities...Or betrayal and practically anything!

And lastly, any number of participants is fine. The more the better it would be. Just try to type at least as good as this, I don't want

swampert fite sceptile, use earfqake.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If you read this, thanks!

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Okay I'm going to start by asking questions:

1)So the whole point of this RPG is pokemon getting independence of humans? If so why would they try to enslave them just to accomplish that?

2)How is it that pokeball now work on humans and if they are capture why don't they just rebel against the pokemon like they did to them?

3)Has something really bad happen to cause every pokemon to go against trainers, who some have become friends with?

4) Why do they want to dominate the humans so badly? There has to be reason.

This sound like a very interesting RPG but it make the pokemon sound evil. They want to enslave mankind so the can rule other them like evil tyrants. There doesn't seem to be a great reason for going that far. As for me I'm against slavery so I'm wouldn't want to be a pokemon that enslave anyone...

There's my thoughts on this RPG use it how you please...

Last edited:

cdra1617

Not a Seadra
I wrote this recently. I call it Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: End to End. So, please critique and tell me if I should make this an actual RPG!

...Haha I have too much free time on my hands >:0

This is an RPG for players who know what they’re doing. No newbs; I don’t care how much you love Mystery Dungeon but I’d rather have experienced players even if they just like the idea of the game and don’t know much about it. You can teach someone about the game, but you can’t teach them how to Roleplay properly.

Without further ado, the plot.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
End to End​

One hundred years ago. It seems so long, so far off, an untouchable flicker of light in the back of our minds. But sometimes it jumps out at us. Sometimes it takes the far off firefly that is time to find out the mysteries of now...

One hundred years ago, natural disasters racked the world of Pokémon. Earthquakes split the ground, thunder and lightning stormed through the skies in an unstoppable tirade of destruction. Rescue forces were in high demand, much higher than before when missions were simple, just kids who got lost on journeys and lovers who needed help to find each other in their dungeon homes.

Now innocents were being sucked down into the earth by fissures, being taken to places where they should not go. And the rescue forces could do very little. It seemed that hope was becoming hard to find...

But then, she came.

In the Tiny Woods, a Mudkip named Kari strolled idly. There, she met a Cubone who called herself Ren and claimed... to have previously been a human. Kari couldn’t believe her ears. It seemed outrageous, but she believed Ren. They started a rescue team – Team Terrallin – with a mission to save a Caterpie. And their fame grew without anything special happening for a while.

Then they were sent to Mount Thunder to save a Shiftry, and had to fight the legendary Pokémon Zapdos. But this was not their claim to fame, either. Eventually, a Gengar with an unreasoned grudge against Ren found out her secret... and applied it to the Ninetales legend.

A human touched one of Ninetales’s tails and was cursed, but instead was protected by its Pokémon, Gardevoir. Ninetales was going to speak to the human, but it ran. It ran far away. So Ninetales predicted that that human would one day become a Pokémon... and when that happened, the world’s balance would be upset.

Gengar said Ren was that human, but in truth it was him. But the others believed him, so Ren and Kari had to run. Team Red – Alakazam’s team – gave them one day to prepare and leave. So they did, early that morning, without their other team members knowing, and took to life as fugitives.

They ran for many days through mountains and caves, trying to escape. They fought the legendary Pokémon Moltres and Articuno along their path to freedom. After they defeated Articuno, however, an Absol named Kaida approached them. She told them where Ninetales lived, where they could find the truth, and joined their rescue team because her instincts told her too. Kaida would one day become the third member of Team Terrallin, famous with Ren and Kari.

Finally, the trio reached the summit of Mount Freeze. There, Team Red finally caught up to them and they fought for a little while before Ninetales stopped them. She told them what had really happened: that Ren was not the human from the legend. Relieved, the rescue team returned home.

The team later quelled Groudon’s force, and they destroyed the star that upset the world’s balance with Rayquaza’s help. And Ren was told she had to leave the world of Pokémon now by Gardevoir. Gardevoir had been coming to Ren’s dreams, making clear the reason she was there and the details of this venture. Ren left for a while, leaving Kari’s spirit crushed. However, she did not leave forever and soon returned because she did not want... to leave her friend.

And the rescue team grew on and on. Many Pokémon joined, including many legendary ones. Ren became a Marowak, Kari a Swampert. They became famous, as famous as Lucario himself – the greatest of all rescuers. And so they were the only ones... who could take this mission.

A Dragonair came to them, half dead from worry, flight, and battle. She pleaded for their help; she had gone too far into a cave – The Cavern of Final Blood – with her mate, and he had not returned with her. She told them it was dangerous there and she didn’t know how far they would have to go. But Ren, Kari, and Kaida, Team Terrallin’s finest, accepted the mission.

They went to the Cavern of Final Blood... and were never heard from again.

Team Terrallin was devastated by the loss of their leaders. The legendary Pokémon left along with many others. A few stayed around, but none of them achieved any great feats. They left or died silently.

That was one hundred years ago.

So far back, but so close now...​

The world’s balance... has it been again upset? The earthquakes carving the ground, the storms tearing the sky asunder? It is as it was. But there is no star, no Xatu to give answers, no human to come and save them. There is no reason, no hero, no answer to the pleas of the lost. Rescue teams, once so out-of-fashion, are in high demand again, higher than ever before.

They have no legend to think of, no story to explain this. Only one hundred years ago. Only Ren, Kari, and Kaida – the lost.

Aspiring rescue groups have again formed. They seek the answers to the riddles, the solution to the grand problem. And it lies... in a legend they have heard recently: The Dragonair Legend.

“Once, there was a Dragonair. She and her mate lived in the mountains, near the Bleeding Mountain. They went into a cave, an inescapable dungeon, together but only one returned. She searched for help, but did not get her mate back. So she sat atop the Bleeding Mountain and stared at the dungeon, her tears flowing down from her pure purple eyes. And to this day, she stares at the cave, crying for her lost one. Her eyes have been dyed white by her tears, giving her sight... for more than any other.”

What will they do? Will the answer be found, or is it lost... lost like the heroes of Team Terralin or the Dragonair’s mate?

Seek the answers and you will find...

~*~​

You will be taking control of an aspiring rescue team that wishes to find the answers to the questions. Not too advanced; all Pokémon need to be in their lowest stage unless they have baby (egg only) forms, then they can be second stage.

The rescue Team Terrallin is my team, so it’s as realistic as I could make it. They may have descendants; we don’t know. No legendary Pokémon can start on your team, but if you’re lucky... haha >:3 We'll see, won't we?

Moves shall be used Animé-style; that is, any move they can learn up to their current level of strength so be reasonable. I’ll hold you to that.

I’ll only be taking a few members, so first come, first serve. Reservations will be given only with a VERY good RPG sample or if you’re my friend. So yeah.

Opinions much appreciated whether you've played Mystery Dungeon or not! :D

MerkelHog

Metallic fighter
cdra, I say go for it. There have been a few other MD RPG's that have popped up but none really were that great and did not give much info into the basis of MD. But you have created a MD RPG that not only gives a good description of what happened in the game but also an interesting backstory that sets it apart from the game.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
Oh my gosh that sound like an interesting idea. And you not the only one with many ideas. ;) Just to ask how many pokemon can be on one team. If you haven't guess I have not played the game but I will one day.

kabutops

elite trainer
I think there should be some RPG where you can go to contests, battle gyms, etc. but you could also get a job, steal stuff and stuff like that so you could actually act as though you had a real life in the game, lets say you were a rocket grunt, for every pokemon you bring to Giovanni you get points, and the stronger the pokemon the more points you get (also how rare it is), lets say you have a Lv 4 Caterpie, you would get like 12 points, but if you got a Typhlosion and a charizard at Lv 50 you would get 600 points, and if you got enough points you would get promoted to executive, and then if you got loads of points after that you could be Giovannis partner, then overthrow him.it would be like Sims but when you stay completely controlling one character, take him to work, and yourin pokemon

absol 777

SupernaturalDisaster
How about this idea.
Pokemon island
first you pick a pokemon that is a pre evolution. i cant be a legendary pokemon ither. the game then begains when your pokemon gets ship wrecked on a island. on the island there are forests, mountains, lakes, ect. then its preety much you living on the island and meeting other pokemon. natural disasters happen all the time like storms and cave ins. you can make your own tribes with pokemon you meet. the end is when you get resued in the game. you have to find food,water,shelter whille on the island.
the grenra would be uhhhhh fantasy.
the sign up would be normal but you would also need to tell what pokemon you are.
i would exspect like 100 people.

Last edited:

Hexagram

Sic Transit Mundus
Alagaesia Inheritance: A New Dawn
This is my rough draft. I want some input from experienced people for this RPG. This RPG does not tolerate swear language. After trying to get in to Deathspector’s Eragon RPG, I was inspired to start my own. Remember, I did not copy, only observed his ideas and molded my ideas off of the ideas he created. Overall, Inheritance is owned and reserved to Christopher Paolini.

If you don’t know the world of Inheritance, than this RPG ain’t for you.

Plot: This takes place right after the end of Eldest, the second book in the Inheritance Trilogy.

After Murtagh and Eragon’s battle, Eragon was severely disheartened. Even so, he helped his foster brother, Roran, to storm Helgrind, defeat the Ra’zac, and rescue Katrina. Soon after, he flew back to Ellesmera to train with Oromis a little more. After 6 months, Galbatorix launched his attack on the elves, and Eragon flew into action. He took Manin’oc, or Memory, from under a rock in Ellesmera, and zoomed towards Uru’baen. After defeating the king’s sorcerers, he found the king. Luckily for Eragon and Saphira, Murtagh and Thorn were off invading Du Weldenvarden. Unbeknownst to Eragon until afterwards, Oromis, Izlanadi, and Glaedr died fighting Galbatorix. Because of that, Arya was Queen. Meanwhile, Eragon was valiantly fighting, and eventually, he pierced Galbatorix through the heart, and freed Alagaesia. Afterwards, he officially revived the Dragon Riders, along with the now freed Murtagh. His dwarven clan, the elves, and his foster and real brother considered him a hero. Eventually, he was pressed to be king, but he declined. 10 years later, a civil war broke out, and most of the humans died. They now reside in Teirm, Carvahall, and Surda. Roran survived, and rules over Teirm. Carvahall is a republic.

50 years later, Eragon sent four dragon eggs across the wilds of Alagaesia. 25 years before, the dragons (Saphira and Thorn) and the elves, agreed to let there be women and dwarven Riders. Two eggs hatched for dwarves, and two for elves. After this, there were 6 Riders, although the number of new Riders paled to the copious amount of old Riders.

New Riders:

Eragon: The founder of the new Riders. He is much wiser due to his sufferings and battles, yet he is not perfect. Even now, after years of experience, he is still very impulsive. This may be his downfall, but his impulsiveness emerges much less often in battle. He owns Manin’oc.

Murtagh: Eragon’s blood brother and closest friend, Murtagh is, like Eragon, very wise. Originally, he was somewhat of a 14th Forsworn, but Eragon freed him. His weakness, almost ironically, is that he thinks to carefully about planning in battle. If Eragon wasn’t there, Murtagh might have died already in battle. He is also less tempered then Eragon, and is calmer. He owns Zar’roc.

Freiya, Daughter of Iounn: A member of Durgrimst Quan, Freiya was the first dwarf and the first female Rider. After the war, she found the green dragon egg in Tarnag, and it hatched for her. She wields the huthvir and a two-bladed ax, Mjollnir. She is also destined to become a high priestess, and she is a natural at smithing. She is a calm, easygoing person, and she’s serious about her role as a Rider. As a bonus, Freiya has Ascudgamln. Age: 35

Loki, Son of Thordin: Loki is of Durgrimst Ingeitum ,and, after a dragon egg reached Tronjheim, his home, he too had a dragon. He is the son of the grimstborith, and is descend from Hrothgar. He wields a swinging mace, and, more surprisingly, a crossbow. He is often irritable, and very serious. Surprisingly, he is more lax about his role as a Rider. As a side note, he and Freiya are married. Age: 35

Galadriborn, Son of Vansir: This elf from Ilia Feon was the first of the new elven Riders. He is very peaceful ,and it shows. He found his egg on a high mountain cliff, while doing some recreational climbing. He is nice, yet offend him and he will have your head on a silver platter. He wields a bladed cat of nine-tails and a regular bow. Age: 30

Aphrodya, Daughter of Phranvya: Aphrodya is a stunningly beautiful elf from Ellesmera. Her dragon hatched for her when she was 13, so she may be the same age as some of the recruits. She was born on the day of the Agaeti Blodhren, and so, se has many powers. One of these is the power to let dragons grow faster. If you’re lucky, maybe she’ll do it for you! Anyways, she wields a sappara (see Wikipedia), and a double bladed sword. She is kind, lenient, and cool. She is also very optimistic. Age: 21

Dragons:

Saphira: Saphira is Eragon’s dragon, and she is very kind. However, she is also very sarcastic, so beware. Eragon’s Dragon.

Thorn: Thorn is peaceful, and mysterious. He doesn’t like to be disturbed, but loves Saphira, his mate. Murtagh’s Dragon

Bid’Daum: Named after the first friendly dragon, he is much like Freiya, his Rider. He is peaceful, but is often not as much a socialite as Freiya. He is a dark green, with spikes running down his sides and tail.

Skairi: Loki’s dragon, she is a bright, hot pink. She has spikes in multitude on her back, and she has a long, whiplike tail. She is very much like Loki, if not completely like him.

Shruikan: Named after the poor Dragon that Galbatorix possessed, Shruikan is a burgundy and yellow dragon. He has spikes on the back of his neck, his sides, his tail, and his underbelly. He is mysterious, perplexing, and wise. He’s Galadriborn’s dragon.
Xenuscor: Aphrodya’s dragon, he is a kind and benevolent soul. Never will he say a bad word to anyone, unless they are truly evil. He is often thinking of nice things to do. He is a true angel. He has spikes all over his back, sides, neck, tail, and legs. He is Crayola gold, silver, and copper.

Then we get to now, and 2 dragon eggs have been sent to the dwarves and humans, and three to the elves. 3 came from Saphira and Thorn, and three came from Bid’Daum and Skairi. Not to mention the wild egg. These 6 new recruits will have orientation at Vroengard, and travel with their masters to their homelands. First, each recruit will be trained by one of the old Riders, and will rotate races. Their own will be the first one they are taught by. Here is how it goes:

For Elves- Elves, Humans, Dwarves
For Dwarves: Dwarves, Elves, and Humans
For Humans: Humans, Dwarves, and Elves

All special celebrations for the recruits will be break time for the recruits. You can RP the events that happen at the celebrations, or just wait until regular gameplay resumes.

The conflict will come later on. At the beginning, all 6 people will be traveling to Vroengard. The dragons at this time will be 6 months old, so you will fly. Here are the guidelines to signing up:

Name:
Race: (three elves, two humans, two dwarves. No half-breeds!)

Personality Traits: (What kind of person is your character? Are they rash or quiet? Timid or stubborn? This is what you need to put in here also include hobbies. Let us know WHO your person is)

Physical Characteristics: (clothes, body, skin color, height, etc.)

Weapons: (Two allowed. Name what they are. No shuriken or kunai, please) also, include any shields they have.

History: (Some important background events for your character. No cliché’s though. “Oh his parents died!” “Oh, she was abused!” If you do that, you probably aren’t being accepted.)

Special Abilities: This is optional

Training: This too is optional

Dragon Name:
Physical Characteristics: (Spikes, color, height, etc.)
Personality: Just like for your regular character, but shorter.
Special Abilities: Three max, please
Inherited Abilities: What they got from their parents. Remember, only three eggs are from Saphira and Thorn! Forget it and be most likely rejected. And only one wild egg!
History: How their Riders got them.

Rules:

Notice the emphasis on the rules.

• I am the gamemaster, and I ultimately control all events (except for your characters, of course)
  • No god-moding (If I do it accidentally, then this rule is neutralized)
  • I control the 6 trainers.
  • If I’m not fair, you can petition me
  • Don’t be afraid to suggest new things.
  • No bunnying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • If you’re declined, you have two more tries to get it right under a new character in a new race. That’s the only real penalty. If after the extra two times you are still declined, oh well.
  • If you’re pending, I am deciding. Don’t pull out of it until you’re sure you’re not accepted.
  • Two Elves, Two Dwarves, Two Humans. I ain’t making adjustments unless too many or too little people sign up.
  • I count as a recruit, O.K.!
  • We speak in English, except for spells.

Here is my guy. He’s automatically accepted: J

Name: Sauron, Prince of The Elves, Son of Durin (Not to be confused with LOTR. I’m the only one eligible to have a LOTR inspired name, O.K!)
Race: Elves

Personality Traits: Sauron is quiet, a genius, and wise. He also thinks quickly and logically. He is very much like Mr. Spock from Star Trek. He also tends to avoid most social experiences, and as a result, he only trusts his mother, Arya, his father, Durin, and his dragon. He is also merciless, and is desensitized to bloodshed-the bloodshed of his enemies. He has never experienced the lost of a loved one, and if he did, he might go on a rampage of killing. Still, he is often very nice, but he also has an obvious cynical and sarcastic nature. He is also very mysterious, and it might take years for someone to know him. His hobbies are swimming and battling. Not to mention using gramarye.

Physical Characteristics: Sauron is an albino, except for his hair. He has snow-white skin, ruby red eyes, and deep black hair. For casual occasions, he wears a shirt of fur, and pants made of scales. He is 8 ft tall, an abnormality in elves, and he is 100% muscle. He also used magic to gain gills for underwater swimming. In battle, he wears armor made of mithril, sapphires, emeralds, rubies, diamonds, pearls, and gold. He also has a belt. This said belt is made of dragon scales, and has 13 orbs on it. Each orb stores a year of energy build-up, so Sauron has 13 years worth of energy at his disposal. Finally, he has two Rings of Powers, which he wears on his middle fingers. Theses are permanently bound to him

Weapons: Sauron owns two weapons: his ring blade and his scythe. Anglat, or death, is his ring blade. It is like a boomerang, and always returns to Sauron. It is sharp, and can cut through any substance except dragon eggs. It is black, but the 666 blades on it are half blue and half red. The order of the colors goes: blue, red, blue, red… Anyways, Sauron uses Anglat to decimate large masses of enemies. On each blade is an orb, where Sauron can store energy. He often unleashes the energy into a spell to further decimate enemies. Fyrn, or war, is his second weapon. It is a scythe. The pole is made of the spine of the first dragon. The blade is a long white blade. It is as sharp as Anglat. On the pole are 666 small jewels, which store energy. He also has a huge mithril shield, or Hugin. That means thought in the ancient language. Hugin is a big shield, and is impenetrable. Luckily for Sauron, it is as light as a speck of dust.

History: Sauron is the first and only child of King Durin and Queen Arya. He was isolated as a child to be taught the ways of gramarye, so he never became a true socialite. His father died when he was 13, so he also lost his father figure. Sauron was so isolated as a child that he lost all compassion for enemies in battle; he lost the ability to show mercy, or to be angry, or to show love to anyone other than his mother or his dragon. This makes him eerily calm.

Special Abilities: He greatly exceeds his peers in magic, and can breath underwater.

Training: He is a expert in smithing; which he learned from Rhunon, and he learned the dwarf language from the people he met on diplomatic missions. He also speaks fluent human.

Dragon Name: Zakurya
Parentage: Wild Egg
Physical Characteristics: Zakurya is 10 ft tall, and she is predominantly black. She has symmetrical strips of red scales on her back, and double helixes of blue scales on her arms and legs. She has symmetrical blotches of white scales on her sides. She has spikes in every convenient spot on her. She has 5 talons on each foot, and a giant back claw on each. Her wings are huge, and have spikes on the lower rim. She has scales everywhere, and she is impenetrable. You can say she is like an armored tank- except faster and better protected.

Strengths: Muscle Power, Abilities, Sight, Hearing, I.Q, And Aerial Abilities
Weaknesses: Smell, Oversocial, and Wing Membranes

Personality: Zakurya is a mysterious yet loyal dragon. She is very social, and that is a weakness in battle. She is a caring and kind soul, and is a formidable foe, since she of wild parentage. She is also wise, and non-impulsive. A good ally to have. She is also very aggressive in battle, and speaks her mind.

Special Abilities: Electric Spikes, Breath Underwater, and Ability to Shoot Spikes Rapidly
Inherited Abilities: Poison Spikes, Telekinesis (Psychic powers)

History: One day, Sauron was swimming, and overturned a rock. Under the rock was Zakurya’s egg. When Sauron got out of the water, Zakurya hatched. She is growing surprisingly fast for a dragon, and is already taller than her rider. Being 6 months old, she can fly-and breath infernos of white flame.

Please see if this is good. Maybe I can post it J?

P.S.- PM me now to get our reservation special! You'll be reserved- if this gets good ratings.

Slim-878

New and Improved
I've been wanting to participate in a kingdom hearts rpg lately, but there's none around, and since I stink at creating an rpg how about this:

The idea is that the year is 2070, newyears have just arived and strange things have been occuring around town. The legendary hero said to have wielded a legendary "Key Blade" saved the universe around this time. Four people(Ages Fourteen through Sixteen) have been granted the power to wield a keyblade. One weilds the power of light, other of dark, other of twilight, and the fourth dawn. Mystical warriors, mastering other warrior elements such as magic, have been granted powers of other weapons and occompanny the keyblade masters. Could they meet up, could they master their keyblades, could the worlds fall part, could they become Lv. 70 dark mages with the helmet of disinigration and smite all who deserve to be smitten... we will find out... if this is created.

And there you go, hope you guys can get around to it.

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
darkbradlor: It sound really interesting but for someone other than me... this isn't really at the point of my interest is all I can say... Sorry but I really have nothing to comment about you idea.

Slim-878: Interesting idea but you have ask yourself the 5Ws and H questions when your creating a story and plot.

Who, What, When, Where, Why and How. For every idea you come up with make sure you can answer all of those question. For example your villain, the big bad guy. Who will he be, What does he hope to accomplish, When did he decide his to do this evil or When will he reveal himself to the RPGer, Where is he located, Why does he want to do what he is doing, How is he able to do what he is doing?

You have to ask yourself though and there will probably be more the one for each of the 5 Ws. But doing that it will help make you RPG more rounded and realistic.
))))))))))

Okay here my newest idea for an RPG:

I'm calling it "Controller of Life." A person one day found a screen on their computer. It was a black and void with a message box at had this written in it: Describe anything and it will appear. And the person did so and like it said everything that was written down appeared with the detail that the person wrote. Pretty soon the individual found by creating people and creature and giving them a personality they actually came to life. They acted and did things on their own and even develop there own personality through experience.The creator of the creatures and beings began making more and more and add more the world. But it just seem to be too perfect so the person started to create bad people, villains to cause havoc and good people to protect the innocent people.

Though the creators slow began to enjoy too much of the pain and chaos in the little world that by their hands had created. Pretty soon there was nothing but complete destruction and chaos in the world but all they could do is fear because if they were to try to do something about it the creator is what they called the person would stop them. In hope that they can be free of the suffering and when the creator wasn't looking they send out a help signal to everyone that they could. And that where the RPer comes in.

In this you will be about to create you own unique peoples and creatures with any power as long as it isn't something that is unbeatable, I don't what any Twinks walking about. Your whole post will be important because how well you describe will change what will happen. I would go into more detail about it but I don't want to ruin it yet. Once I get my plot done and give it a lot of thought and if I can overcome my low self-esteem that creates a fear of posting it, I will post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.