• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPs you wish would get a reboot

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Ever have an RP you felt was a great idea and wish it would make a comeback after going inactive?

Personally, I liked the premise behind Kiruria's Sword of Destiny RP that allowed you to RP as any fantasy race you could think of (even made up), as long as it wasn't too OP. It encouraged reasonable creativity and probably would have done great, but I think the only issue was how the RP started off with everyone meeting in the same location at once, which got a little busy and jammed up, but other than that, it was a great RP with an interesting storyline that might have worked a bit better in a PVP format with people playing on both sides. But other than that, it was a great idea and I would like to see more fantasy-style RPs like that around here.

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
There was an RP I was in by the name of Island of Origins that was hosted by someone named Squiddly Dee, whom I became friends with in it's duration. It was basically a Pokemon RP about 2 warring factions which occupied two islands each, one which worshiped Mew and another worshiped Arceus, with two neutral islands caught in the middle. One of these two neutral islands was swallowed by a portal which came out seemingly out of nowhere with only a handful of survivors. Players were able to play as either one of the Mew worshipers, the Arceus worshipers, or as a neutral Pokemon dwelling on the forest island in the middle of everything.

I felt it had a great deal of potential, but it failed due to some fatal mistakes. For one, Squiddly Dee only allowed as many as 6 players into the RP, and with very little contingency for should a good chunk of them leave/disappear, which half of them did and the only people left in the RP were of the neutral faction with no one on the warring sides that Dee had story plans for. Unfortunately, we couldn't get anyone to fill in the needed space, and the RP died as a result.

I've long lamented not being able to see the RP's story for what it could've been, and Squiddly Dee did say that she wanted to remake this RP someday with the aforementioned mistakes rectified so there's higher chance of success. Unfortunately, Dee seemed awfully depressed the last time I spoke with her and She hasn't been on the forum since February this year. It's making me pretty worried to be honest.

Agent Tectonic

From Ashes, I Come
*cough* Avenger Angel's "Mew's Crusade" *cough* In all seriousness though, the reason being for that one is because it's what got me into RPing in the first place, and I had the unfortunate luck to join right around the time it was halfway through it's lifespan. It had a nice mix of starting off with PvP that ended up determining how bad the world would become if there was too little/ too much of it when it switched to non-PvP.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
There is a long list of RPs I'd like to see rebooted, I don't know where to begin. 8D

Divine: By Ysavvryl, died due to Ysa being busy
Pokemon Mage: By Ysavvryl, died due to unknown causes
Epidemic Bloodwraith: By Ysavvryl, same as the above
Castlevania: Call of Darkness : By Ysavvryl... again. xD Died to lack of people posting. I'm partially to blame for that...
Boktai (Lunar Knights) By Vampiratemace, died because... I don't remember, but I would like to see it rebooted
Persona: Fallen Paradise: By Storymasterb. This was going so well for a while, and then it... died... :(
Team Elite: Because Money Talks: By Avenger Angel, it died before I got to get infected... :(

There are more, and I will probably edit this list with more when I think of them.

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
There's a couple I miss, but I think the ones I miss the most Ysavvryl's Divine, and a lot of Avenger Angel's RPs, especially Broken Sun. I had a lot of fun playing as the characters in those RPs while they lasted.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
*cough* Avenger Angel's "Mew's Crusade" *cough* In all seriousness though, the reason being for that one is because it's what got me into RPing in the first place, and I had the unfortunate luck to join right around the time it was halfway through it's lifespan. It had a nice mix of starting off with PvP that ended up determining how bad the world would become if there was too little/ too much of it when it switched to non-PvP.

Salvation's Crusade started off great, but then when the Scorned actually arrived, there was this kind of "gray area" where people weren't too sure how they behaved, how they attacked, and what the fighting would be like. And in truth... I only realized this after the fact because I was so focused on other elements of the RP.

If I were to reboot that, I'm not too sure how I would remedy that issue, though. I might detail the Scorned a bit more by giving them different soldier/unit types so it would be easier for the RPers themselves to decide exactly what they're fighting and how to handle them.

There's a couple I miss, but I think the ones I miss the most Ysavvryl's Divine, and a lot of Avenger Angel's RPs, especially Broken Sun. I had a lot of fun playing as the characters in those RPs while they lasted.

I liked Broken Sun too, but the first installment (Mandate of Anarchy) seemed a lot better compared to the second one (Season of Evil). Not to mention MoA lasted for six pages while SoE only went on for a measly three pages.

Now, Broken Sun: Mandate of Anarchy in a PVP format sounds like a very, very interesting premise. I definitely need to keep that in mind and think over how that might work, but that would be very interesting and I might strongly consider running that again when things in my life settle down a bit.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
I liked Broken Sun too, but the first installment ([url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?559608-Broken-Sun-The-Mandate-of-Anarchy-%28PG-13%29]Mandate of Anarchy) seemed a lot better compared to the second one (Season of Evil). Not to mention MoA lasted for six pages while SoE only went on for a measly three pages.

Now, Broken Sun: Mandate of Anarchy in a PVP format sounds like a very, very interesting premise. I definitely need to keep that in mind and think over how that might work, but that would be very interesting and I might strongly consider running that again when things in my life settle down a bit.

It's funny you mention that, because I was only talking about Season of Evil. Not that I had problems with Mandate of Anarchy, but I wasn't actually in Mandate of Anarchy so...kind of hard to miss a game you never joined to begin with. I really liked the premise that Season of Evil was a sequel to both Mandate of Anarchy and Salvation's Crusade, and it even had characters from both of the previous RPs making a return. Even if I hadn't been in the previous RPs, I could still appreciate the novelty of it, and while it lasted Alec was a fun anti-hero to play.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I'd like to see the Golden Sun RP Kam did to run again and actually get somewhere. I tried to be active but nobody else was. I think Mon was active also, but it was just us.