• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RSE Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Any Pokemon game can beaten with any team, stats don't matter for in-game stuff.

computertrash

knight of time
im quite conflicted about this:
ive been resetting for an adamant torchic since forever but just now, i got a jolly female and my brother said jolly or adamant was best. should i keep it or keep trying??

Aquarelle

Staff member
im quite conflicted about this:
ive been resetting for an adamant torchic since forever but just now, i got a jolly female and my brother said jolly or adamant was best. should i keep it or keep trying??

If you've been resetting for a long time, then personally I would just keep it. I use Jolly for Blaziken most of the time in this generation and you never know how much longer you'd have to reset to get an Adamant one.

Of course, it's still your decision, so you have to ask yourself whether going for that +attack Nature is worth more time spent soft resetting.

Last edited:

shiny bulbasaur

Pokemon emerald question

Ok so recently (or at least recently to this being posted) i bought a copy of pokemon emerald and the battery is dry. People have said that the only way to get shiny pokemon with a dry battery is to abuse the RNG. Is this true or can i get my shiny treecko?

c1234

Trainer Since '98

Aquarelle

Staff member
^And more specifically, post #8 in that thread.

please don't read my dumb reply in that thread :/

Chaoseater

Hey everyone! Hopefully these questions havent been answered somewhere else, but I have looked everywhere and still havent found definitive answers.

So I recently got back into Ruby and my internal battery was dead. I put in a new one and the message about it being dry was gone, so I know it was working properly. However, do all time-based events still occur now? Or do I have to restart my save for the timed events to start completely working again?

Cause the tides change in Shoal Cave, the clock in my house changes, etc, but stuff like battling Wally and the Secret Base trainers once per day doesnt happen any longer. Also, the people who used to give out berries dont anymore and berries dont grow anymore. So, bottom line, some events happen, but some dont. Is there a way to fix this without having to restart my game? Especially the Secret Base trainers, cause i have my brother's old team and base and would like to preserve it. Would mixing records with another game and then deleting the bases on Ruby, then mixing back allow me to battle them again?

Oh, and one last question. I never did beat Battle Tower, so do you have to clear both Lv 50 and Lv 100 to get both ribbons? Cause Ive always been meaning to finish this and was just curious.

Thanks for any and all help and sorry if I asked too many questions, haha.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Oh, and one last question. I never did beat Battle Tower, so do you have to clear both Lv 50 and Lv 100 to get both ribbons? Cause Ive always been meaning to finish this and was just curious.
Seems like you have to beat both. This page says you get a Winning Ribbon for the lv. 50 and a Victory Ribbon for the lv. 100

Don't know what to say about your time based events, but I'm pretty sure the Wally battle is not a daily thing affected by the clock. That battle has always worked like any other trainer rematch for me and I know I've battled him multiple times since my batteries have died. So I'd say it's just bad luck if you haven't been able to rematch him.

Last edited:

Chaoseater

Seems like you have to beat both. This page says you get a Winning Ribbon for the lv. 50 and a Victory Ribbon for the lv. 100

Don't know what to say about your time based events, but I'm pretty sure the Wally battle is not a daily thing affected by the clock. That battle has always worked like any other trainer rematch for me and I know I've battled him multiple times since my batteries have died. So I'd say it's just bad luck if you haven't been able to rematch him.

Thanks, yeah I thought that was the case for Battle Tower, its just I used to always think you could just beat 100 trainers in a row and get both ribbons.

Yeah I thought Wally was just any other trainer, but I read recently that he is a once a day trainer, similar to the secret base trainers. Guess it was faulty info.

Yeah Im not sure with my game and new battery. Its installed correctly and I thought that if one of the timed events worked, they all worked. Just wanted to see if anyone came up with anything similar ever.
Thanks again for your help tho! ;)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yeah Im not sure with my game and new battery. Its installed correctly and I thought that if one of the timed events worked, they all worked. Just wanted to see if anyone came up with anything similar ever.
Thanks again for your help tho! ;)
I've done a bit more searching and maybe Bulbapedia's page on the Berry Glitch can give you some more info on what's going on with your game? The "Similar effects after replacing a dead battery" section looks like it may be helpful, plus the talk page has some discussion about similar problems too.

Chaoseater

Thanks Aquarelle for all the material! Sorry about the late reply, haha.

I looked into the "Replaced Battery" glitches and I have to say, its quite strange. I never really thought about new internal batteries not working when installed correctly. It's also weird (and kinds sucks) that the game opens back up at the "last time saved point." I read the talk page on the subject and it is pretty interesting.

This is definitly what happened to my game, and while it may be a little disappointing, I only really care about the secret bases. But I might try to mix records with an outside game and then mix back, to see if I would be able to fight them again, since they would be considered "new" secret bases. Once I get an Emerald ill try it and report if it works or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquarelle

Staff member
This is definitly what happened to my game, and while it may be a little disappointing, I only really care about the secret bases. But I might try to mix records with an outside game and then mix back, to see if I would be able to fight them again, since they would be considered "new" secret bases. Once I get an Emerald ill try it and report if it works or not.

It'll be interesting to see if the daily Secret Base battles start working again for you. I tried looking for some information about the base battles after replacing a dead battery, but couldn't find anything useful.

If the daily battles don't start working again for you, though, you could just keep on mixing records over and over to do the battles. I'm pretty sure from my experience that mixing records automatically allows you to battle the other game's Secret Base trainer once (and this page pretty much says the same thing under "Why Mix Records?"), so you could mix records, fight the trainer, mix again, fight again, etc. if you really need those battles.

And since I have nothing else to do, I actually tested the above by mixing records with my Ruby and Emerald (both with dead batteries). I mixed records twice, and my Emerald was able to battle my Ruby's Secret Base trainer twice in the space of only a few minutes. So, I think this could be a solution for you if the daily battles aren't working normally.

Any solution involving non-legit copies of the game is definitely something that shouldn't be talked about on these forums.

Last edited:

Coolio35

question about the Eon-Ticket e-Card

Hello!

I bought a Eonticket E-card and i have few question about the e-card:

1. Can i use the E-card for Pokemon Emerald

2. Can i use the E-card for an european english version of Pokemon sapphire/ruby

3. Is that true i can send the Eontickt from the pokemon game to an antoher pokemon game

Aquarelle

Staff member
Hello!

I bought a Eonticket E-card and i have few question about the e-card:

1. Can i use the E-card for Pokemon Emerald

2. Can i use the E-card for an european english version of Pokemon sapphire/ruby

3. Is that true i can send the Eontickt from the pokemon game to an antoher pokemon game

According to here and here, the e card is only compatible with Ruby and Sapphire. However, the ticket can be passed to Emerald if you mix records with a RS game that obtained the ticket from the e card.

The Bulbapedia link says that the card gives the ticket to a "US Version of Pokémon Ruby or Pokémon Sapphire", but I can't say for sure whether it would work on a European game or not. I honestly don't know that much about e card compatibility.

Edit: I found this old FAQ from a link in the first post of this thread, so it may be helpful to you

Last edited:

Ayha

Soooo. Random question. I've only ever had Ruby and Sapphire, this is my first time playing through Emerald. Are my sprites supposed to be different on Emerald than on R/S? I'm kind of confused because I've been using Serebii (as always) as a dex reference and it has different sprites displayed for Emerald, but mine are the same as in my R/S versions. It's not really a big deal, I'm just curious.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Soooo. Random question. I've only ever had Ruby and Sapphire, this is my first time playing through Emerald. Are my sprites supposed to be different on Emerald than on R/S? I'm kind of confused because I've been using Serebii (as always) as a dex reference and it has different sprites displayed for Emerald, but mine are the same as in my R/S versions. It's not really a big deal, I'm just curious.

The Emerald sprites on the site are simply still frames of Emerald's animated sprites, hence why they look different.

I believe this has been touched on before, but as the Shiny discussion thread has been closed (three times, to boot), I feel it is best to ask this here.

I'm trying to SR for a shiny Rayquaza, but I learned today that Emerald's RNG makes it somewhat of a pain to do. Unless, of course, you're trying to use the RNG to your advantage, which I'm not.

I have it set up to where I'm saved right in front of Rayquaza so that I can SR if he's not shiny and mash as fast as possible to the title screen and get back to him, ad infinitum/nauseam.

However, from what I've read, mashing through the title screen isn't good, because you end up on the same few frames every time. Is this true?

Also, does this mean it's possible for me to be destined to never see a shiny Rayquaza, or at least on this save file?

Finally, would I be better off bringing an item that will let me run away from Rayquaza (or a Pokemon that knows teleport)? I read that if you run away from Rayquaza and return to him, he'll still be there.

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread. Thank you in advance for your consideration. :)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I believe this has been touched on before, but as the Shiny discussion thread has been closed (three times, to boot), I feel it is best to ask this here.

I'm trying to SR for a shiny Rayquaza, but I learned today that Emerald's RNG makes it somewhat of a pain to do. Unless, of course, you're trying to use the RNG to your advantage, which I'm not.

I have it set up to where I'm saved right in front of Rayquaza so that I can SR if he's not shiny and mash as fast as possible to the title screen and get back to him, ad infinitum/nauseam.

However, from what I've read, mashing through the title screen isn't good, because you end up on the same few frames every time. Is this true?

Also, does this mean it's possible for me to be destined to never see a shiny Rayquaza, or at least on this save file?

Finally, would I be better off bringing an item that will let me run away from Rayquaza (or a Pokemon that knows teleport)? I read that if you run away from Rayquaza and return to him, he'll still be there.

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread. Thank you in advance for your consideration. :)

You're unlikely to be precise enough to always land on the same frame, and it's impossible for you to never see a shiny Rayquaza.

Some help please?

Hi. I am currently just before the elite four in pokemon ruby and i need help. I cant beat the elite four because of my team here as follows:
-Sceptile lv40
Rock Smash
Screech
Leaf Blade
Strength
- Gardevoir lv41
Calm Mind
Psychic
Flash
Thunderbolt
-Hariyama lv42
Rock Tomb
Earthquake
Brick Break
Bulk up
-Swellow lv41
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Fly
Return
-Camerupt lv38
Amnesia
Rock Slide
Fire Blast
Earthquake
-Sharpedo lv37
Ice Beam
Waterfall
Crunch
Surf
where can i level them up quickly? Grinding against Sidney is so boring and i swear i have beaten every trainer and have the exp.share

Sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong place. In that case do you think you could move it for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.