• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RTM (insert clever name for a flying team here)

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Me and my friends are doing this gym leader thing, so i decided to become a flying-type leader and came up with this team.

15235519_p0.png

Staraptor (Prez) @ Lum Berry
Ability:Intimidate
EVs:4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- U-Turn​

Staraptor is a scouting lead, as well as the physical sweeper of the team. Brave Bird for STAB and Close Combat for Rock-, and Steel-types. Quick Attack is there to finish off weakened opponent. U-Turn, obviously, is there to scout the opponents counters and such.

I guess I could have gone With a Choice Band, but keeping my Staraptor free of burns and paralysis is a huge plus.

Togekiss.png

Togekiss(Syrene) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Nature:Timid
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast​

The team's special sweeper, and also my favorite pokemon ^_^. The plan is simple, set up, and do as much damage as possible before I'm forced to switch out. This set may not be as successful as the ParaFlinch set, but it definitely works, especially when I have Rotom's Thunder Wave support. Sitrus Berry is a placeholder.

Salamence_by_MarticusProductions.jpg

Salamence(XYZ) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 Atk/232 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Nature: Naive
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake​

Salamence, the team's mixed sweeper. Draco Meteor and Outrage are Salamence's most powerful moves, and they leave a really big dent in anything that doesn't resist them. Fire Blast and Earthquake are to cover the pesky Steel-types that plague Dragons. You know, basic MixMence

Skarmory.jpg

Skarmory (Feathers) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk
Nature: Impish
- Stealth Rock
- Whirldwind
- Roost
- Drill Peck​

Skarmory, a complete monster at walling physical threats, and also takes the role of the team's Rock-type resist. Standard Skarm, set up rocks, whirldwinds threats, Roost for recovery, and Drill Peck in case of Taunt.

The reason why its holding the Shed Shell instead of Leftovers is quite simple, Magnezone. Forsaking the extra HP recovery for the ability to switch out from Magnet Pull is a great asset to my team.

rif2pc.png

Rotom-H (EasyBake) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Nature: Timid
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Thunder Wave​

Rotom-H, the ghostly oven, helps cover the team's Ice- and Electric-type weaknesses, as well as providing proving support for the team, by incapacitating an enemy pokemon with a useless choice item, or by T-waving anything that isn't immune (Togekiss really appreciates this). That's pretty much Rotom role on this team.

MotivateMeh.jpg

Claydol (Iso) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 176 Def/ 82 Sp.def
Nature: impish
- Cosmic Power
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Magic Coat​

Last, but definitely not least, Claydol. Claydol plays a critical role on this team, Rapid Spin. Stealth Rock alone can destroy this team, so i needed a pokemon that could spin them away, but at the same time, support the team in other ways as well. Resists Rock, and is immune to Electric, the perfect spinner for my team. Cosmic Power is there to make Claydol even bulkier, and No one ever sees Magic Coat coming, bouncing back things like Toxic and Leech Seed. Needless to say, Claydol is a very crucial member of my team, and does its job of supporting the team very well

I haven't battled very much with this team, as I had to make tweaks to it along the way, changing sets and such, so I really don't know how it would handle weather-centric teams. Feel free to make suggestions. Thanks

Last edited:

Eranu™

Just a little thing that i see right away:
Your team is pretty weak to Rotom-w.
Try to replace Claydol with a special defense Gastrodon.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
yeah, that washing machine is a real pain, but i'll lose my spinner if i put gastrodon in for claydol. maybe if i replace rotom-h? :(