• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RU Ready for a Poor Team?

~ Introduction ~

After having success in the OU frontier, I decided to move to RU. Here, I have discovered, is a very nifty environment. I still need to improve a great deal, so bear with me here.

~ At a Glance ~

319.gif
310.gif
334.gif
106.gif
553.gif
597.gif

~ Looking Closer ~

319.gif
(M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 212 Atk/212 SpA/84 Spe
Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD)

~ Protect
~ Hydro Pump
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake

Sharpedo is a part of this team's offensive backbone. Protect guarantees me a Speed Boost. Hydro Pump is the main STAB attack, crushing things such as Steelix. Crunch is auxiliary STAB, hitting those Grasses such as Lilligant that Hydro Pump just can't hurt. Earthquake handles some of the more specially bulky Steels.

310.gif
(M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
IVs: 30 Atk/30 Def

~ Thunderbolt
~ Volt Switch
~ Overheat
~ Hidden Power [Ice]

This thing is so anti-metagame it's not even funny. Galvantula ruining your day? Overheat. Gligar walling you to hell? HP Ice. Seriously, this thing can check almost all of RU with ease. Thunderbolt is a powerful STAB. Volt Switch allows me to get the **** out. Overheat allows me to not be outclassed by Rotom-C, while HP Ice is coverage and makes a pseudo-BoltBeam.

334.gif
(M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 140 HP/220 Atk/148 Spe
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)

~ Dragon Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Fire Blast
~ Roost

This guy is essentially the Dragonite of RU, without Multiscale. After one DD and the given EVs, I can outspeed every non-Scarfed Durant and OHKO Sharpedo with Dragon Claw. Fire Blast hits Steels, such as Ferroseed, Steelix, and the aforementioned Durant, while Roost allows me to keep on going.

106.gif
(M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)

~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Double-Edge
~ Sucker Punch
~ Stone Edge/Rapid Spin

This thing can even hurt devoted physical walls. Hi Jump Kick, when combined with STAB, Life Orb, and Reckless, annihilates stuff. Double-Edge handles Psychics. Sucker Punch is a priority attack,while Stone Edge is a filler. I'm considering using Rapid Spin to clear Spikes from the field.

553.gif
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)

~ Earthquake
~ Crunch
~ Stone Edge
~ Pursuit

This guy hasn't done much for me. Earthquake and Crunch are STAB, the former hitting things like Entei while the latter hits Claydol and co. Stone Edge is coverage, and Pursuit is a filler.

597.gif
@ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
IVs: 0 Spe

~ Gyro Ball
~ Spikes
~ Leech Seed
~ Protect

God, this thing is bulky. Gyro Ball is a STAB attack, and prevents me from becoming Taunt bait. Spikes is for hazards. Leech Seed is a form of healing and offense at the same time, especially effective against Munchlax. Protect allows more Leech Seed healing.

That's my team. I'm new to RU, so I'd like some advice.​

For hipmonlee, I wouldn't run rapid spin, because, it is better at destroying stuff than at supporting.

Maybe go all physical with sharkpedo.

My reasoning is that it, with its offensive presence, will force switches, and Ghosts are relatively scarce in RU, so Rapid Spin would allow my Pokémon like Manectric and Altaria to switch in easier.

Will consider all physical Sharpedo, but then Steelix would easily come in, even on a Waterfall with that godly Defense, and Dragon Tail me out.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
lazy, but switcharoo > t-bolt for mantric, cripple something

EDIT- EQ > fire Blast, altaria isn't Salamance, low sp.atk aint doing much

Also, try Ice Beam > EQ on pedo, helps w/ Grass types if using EQ on altaria

Other than that, go test on smog on to find out whats wrong w/ your team and make changes

Last edited:

Haru Glory

Rave Master
HJK doesn't have Reckless boost, as it may have recoil damage, but that happens when it fails, not always.

TrollFreak

HJK DOES get Reckless boost wtf are you reading?

The fifth generation brings Hitmonlee a gift in the form of a major power boost to its signature attack, Hi Jump Kick, which now reaches a frightening 234 Base Power with Reckless and STAB.

Ice Blue Dragon

I belive I can fly!
My reasoning is that it, with its offensive presence, will force switches, and Ghosts are relatively scarce in RU, so Rapid Spin would allow my Pokémon like Manectric and Altaria to switch in easier.

Will consider all physical Sharpedo, but then Steelix would easily come in, even on a Waterfall with that godly Defense, and Dragon Tail me out.

I see your reasoning, and it is valid.

Your team looks pretty good overall.

lazy, but switcharoo > t-bolt for mantric, cripple something

EDIT- EQ > fire Blast, altaria isn't Salamance, low sp.atk aint doing much

Also, try Ice Beam > EQ on pedo, helps w/ Grass types if using EQ on altaria

Other than that, go test on smog on to find out whats wrong w/ your team and make changes

I know, but the targets for it are strictly things like Ferroseed, who won't take much from Earthquake or Dragon Claw.

I've already tested it, thank you very much, and it ranked 377 at its peak. All I can consider is replacing Krookodile (EQ is quite useful when Electivire or other Manectric want to come, survive an attack, and kill me)

TrollFreak

kk, 377 isn't bad, keep working on it though, 377 means you need work :D