• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[RU RMT] Junk Yard Dawgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

STABX4

As mentioned in my previous NU RMT, I am in the process of setting a youtube channel which will feature battles from all the major tiers as well as some lesser commentated battles such as mixed tier and draft battles. Prior to launching my channel, I'm getting at least one team for each tier ready to go with RU being the last team I need. As with NU I have limited experience with the lower tiers so I will combine two perspective teams into one thread to maximize my options. As always thanks for any advice you can provide, its all greatly appreciated
STABX4

Team At A Glance:

466.gif
139.gif
621.gif
244.gif
254.gif
359.gif

In Depth Analysis:
466.gif

9 Volt [Electivire]@ Expert Belt
Motor Drive
248 Atk/36 SpA/224 Speed
Naive
Wild Charge
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Electivire has always been one of my favorite RU pokemon mainly due to its wide coverage ability. Despite not being overly strong, when equipped with an Expert Belt Electivire becomes a dangerous late game sweeper. Wild Charge serves as my most powerful STAB option and puts a huge dent in anything that takes at least nutural damage. Flamethrower covers well with wild charge as it hits anything that resists the former hard. Earthquake gives Electivire a way to hit opposing electrics who already grant a free switch in thanks to Motor Drive. Ice Punch provides coverage against dragons and pounds frailer grass types.
139.gif

Chain Mail [Omastar]@ Focus Sash
Weak Armor
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
Timid
Spikes
Scald
Icy Wind
Earth Power
Omastar serves as my lead as its ability to lay spikes works very well in tandem with Electivire as well as supporting the overall team. Spikes is the main objective for Omastar as it allows Electivire to finish off many foes it couldnt without hazard support. Scald although weaker than Hydro Pump, provides a 30% burn chance which can maim opposing leads especially Aerodactyal. The main drawback of using Omastar as a lead is its poor speed, in order to solve this Icy Wind slows down Taunt users trying to stop Spikes from being set. Lastly Earth Power takes advantage of Omastar's high Special Attack, STAB, and can hit Kabutops and Qwilfish super effectively.
621.gif

Smog [Druddigon]@ Choice Band
Rough Skin
236 HP/252 Atk/20 Speed
Adamant
Outrage
Earthquake
Sucker Punch
Dragon Claw
Druddigon's high attack and useful typing make it a premiere Choice Band user. Outrage is the main STAB wrecking everything bar steel types. Earthquake takes out steels who resist Outrage without the Stat drops from superpower. Sucker Punch gives Druddigon a priority move to make up for its lack of speed allowing it to clean up weakened foes. Finally Dragon Claw provides an alternate dragon attack that wont force me to be locked in on a steel switch in.
244.gif

Alcide [Entei]@ Life Orb
Pressure
252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Speed
Naughty
Flare Blitz
Extremespeed
Stone Edge
HP Grass
Entei is one of the best Physical attackers in RU and primarily serves as the revenge killer for this team. Life Orb provides almost the same boost as Choice Band while allowing me to switch moves. Flare Blitz is a 2HKO on anything that doesnt resist it. Extremespeed is the best priority move in the game and finishes of weakened foes. Stone Edge takes care of opposing fire types while HP Grass threatens Ground types such as Kabutops and Rydon who would otherwise chase Entei out.
254.gif

Predator [Sceptile]@ Life Orb
Overgrow
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Speed
Timid
Giga Drain
HP Rock
Focus Blast
Substitute
Sceptile is a powerful special attacker with great speed that is a major part of this team's FWG Core. Giga Drain provides damage and recovery and while weaker than Leaf Storm it becomes just as strong when used in Overgrow range. Hidden Power Rock provides a reliable way to hit fire types while Focus Blast hits steel types and Sap Sipper switch ins. Finally Substitute allows Sceptile to avoid status while getting into Overgrow range.
359.gif

Grimm [Absol]@ Choice Scarf
Super Luck
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Adamant
Pursuit
Night Slash
Superpower
Megahorn
While this team is not particularly weak to Psychic or Ghost types that run wild in RU, Absol is a strong, fast attacker that can easily trap and eliminate them. Pursuit is the main reason for this set as it traps ghosts and psychics and takes them out on the attempted escape. Night Slash takes care of bulkier pokemon like Uxie as well as having a high chance to crit with Super Luck. Superpower hurts many strong pokemon such as Aggron that arent scared of dark type moves. Megahorn rounds out the coverage by taking out bulky grass types such as Tangrowth.

Last edited:

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
choice scarf isnt really viable on abso IMO. Life Orb would do it much better, or even Expert Belt. Sucker Punch > Night Slash as well...Super Luck isnt something to be depended on xD

Other than that, nice team! good luck

Eaglehawk

Banned
Just a heads up, your Entei set is illegal. Entei can only have Flare Blitz when its Adamant because of the special event release.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
This is a pretty nice team, but it could use a few changes. One thing I like that's really interesting is Icy Wind on Omastar. You've also got a nice FWG core going here which is fantastic in RU atm. Electivire's actually a pretty good Pokemon atm, since Hail's gona and it won't be getting forced out every time thanks to a Blizzard. I also really really like hazards Omastar, but it's set could use some tweaking. I would go for Stealth Rocks over Earth Power. In RU, rocks are almost a necessity thanks to things like Entei and Moltres running around the tier. Plus they're really just a staple on any well built team. Omastar has very little trouble setting them up with it's great bulk. Another change on Omastar's set that I think would do you much better is Leftovers over Focus Sash. Like I said, Omastar has great bulk, and you should bring it in on things like Entei that 3HKO it (Without HP Grass of course). Omastar really only gets OHKO's by special STAB Electric moves, STAB special Ground and Fighting moves, and Grass moves. Everything else he takes pretty well. His ability is really up to you, since thay all work well. While I'm still tweaking sets, you have to run Adamant on Entei because of the reasons Eaglehawk stated. Since Entei takes damage from all hazards and rocks are SE, I'd go with a Flame Plate (Whatever plate boosts fire type moves) or an Expert Belt over your current Life Orb. You really want to keep Entei healthy and hazards + LO damage really doesn't help that. Lastly, Sleep Talk is worth considering over Dragon Claw on Druddigon thanks to the massive amount of sleep inducers in RU.

Now on to actual Pokemon changes. At the moment, Fighting types absolutely destroy you. Nothing can switch in without taking a giant chunk of damage. To help with this, I suggest using Blackglasses Spiritomb over Absol. This way, you retain the ability to Pursuit trap, and you now have an answer to the most common Fighting types in the tier. Spiritomb also provides spin blocking for Omastar, 2 forms of priority, and Wow for Steels types that try to switch into it. It also has nice bulk to function as a bulky attacker, and lures in physical attackers (Mainly Steels) that think it's choice locked. But the best part about it is its ability to beat the most threatening Fighting type in the tier, Gallade. It also beat Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hariyama, and Medicham comfortably.

Now my next suggestion is looking at some annoying walls such as Clefable and Amoonguss and possible ways to break through them without messing up your team's synergy. I think the best way to do this is using Expert Belt Emboar over Entei. Expert Belt Emboar is probably one of the best wall breakers and lures in the metagame. You have Superpower to beat Clefable and other bulky Normal types (Except like Miltank I think beats you by spamming Milk Drink, but that's rare and handled by Focus Blast Sceptile), Fire Blast (or Flare Blitz) to beat Amoonguss and other bulky grass types, Grass Knot to hit Alomomola and Quagsire (Who walls Electivire hard), and Sleep Talk can go in the last spot so you have something to take Sleep. He also doesn't come with a Stealth Rock weakness, which is nice since you lack a spinner.

The last suggestion is more just you can try it if you want to. Since you're losing some speed with Emboar and Spiritomb (Although the latter has priority), you could try Choice Scarf Rotom-C over Sceptile. This way you'll keep the same resistances, have more bulk, and have a solid revenge killer. You'll also gain Trick to cripple walls. You'll retain the ability to beat Moltres and dent Slowking, so you'll still be hitting more or less the things you need too. Sceptile's still very fast though, so it's up to you on this one. That's all I've got to say, good luck with the team!

Spiritomb @ BlackGlasses
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pursuit

Emboar @ Expert Belt
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 68 Atk / 188 Spd
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Superpower
- Sleep Talk

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Use Fire Punch over Flamethrower, and then give it 252 Attack IVs. Works better.

No it doesn't lol tho goal of Buzz is to hit everything, which using Fire Punch over Flamethrower hinders. If anything he needs more ev's in Spa so he can get a OHKO on Escavalier with rocks 100% of the time.

252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Steelix: 110-132 (31.07 - 37.28%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Steelix: 84-101 (23.72 - 28.53%) -- possible 5HKO
36 SpA Expert Belt Electivire Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Steelix: 221-262 (62.42 - 74.01%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Expert Belt Electivire Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 118-139 (29.2 - 34.4%) -- possible 4HKO
36 SpA Expert Belt Electivire Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tangrowth: 283-334 (70.04 - 82.67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

_Sylveon_

Indigo Champion
I personally prefer the Steel killer version of Druddigon, which is this set: Outrage / Heat Wave / Earthquake / Stealth Rock or Sucker Punch with Sheer Force. It 2HKO's Steelix with Heat Wave, which is very helpful to kill it off as it is a common switch in and opposing lead. I'd also like to note Entei must have Adamant for Flare Blitz, so you won't want to run Hidden Power [Grass], therefore I suggest Toxic or Sleep Talk in place of this, Toxic to kill off walls it simply cannot beat and Sleep Talk to counter the many Sleep-Inducers in the tier.

Nice team bro :)

7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.