• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ru/Sa/Em Mono Type Team Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkace

Solid Soul
I decided against it this time through, but I'll keep it in mind. And yeah, HM slaves are an unfortunate necessity. All HMs but strength and surf suck.
Absolutely. Strength I usually don't use because of its average damage and "no additional effect" thing. I have to use fly though...certain aspects have their benefits. Surf is a little above average to me.
~
End of Day 1:
Caught a ish in the Petalburg Woods and got out at the other side.
Quirky - Absorb, Tackle

Dresden

Pokémon Master
what's an "ish"? You mean Shroomish I guess?

inkace

Solid Soul
I bet my computer does something with the word "s-h.r-o.o-m." Parental block is so stupid; I don't even get how that can possibly be provocative or otherwise. I guess I'll put in an icon.
~
Start of Day 2:
Geeko's now a Grovyle.
Level 19 ;253; Absorb, Leer, Quick Attack, Pursuit
Level 13 ;270; Absorb, Growl, Secret Power, Astonish
Level 13 ;285; Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed
When the levels are 20, 15, 15, I'll go to Roxanne.

Dragon Chimchar

wha you say!
Grass mono on ruby

i gave up with bugs and started a grass mono on ruby.
i beat my rival with Onio my Treeko
caught aSeedot
beat Roxanne
beat Brawly
beat Wattson
Spore evolved into Breloom

;315;Rose
;253;Onio
;286;Spore
;274;Evil

Pokemon Trainer 619

Pokemon Trainer 619
I gave up with grass and did poison on ruby.

i got a Bulbasur(Saur), Nidoran male(PoisonKing) and weedle(Probobug)

Currently beat Roxanne and i have:

Saur the Bulbasaur (Grass/Poison) Lv.13
-Tackle
-Leechseed
-GigaDrain
-Solarbeam

PoisonKing the nidoran-m(poison)lv.12
-double kick
-Dig
-WaterPulse
-Strenght

Probobug the Kakuna(bug/poison)
-PoisonSting
-StringShot
-Harden

zaxly100

Glalie Luva
I decided to do a Bug mono in Sapphire.

I started off with musdkip so i could breeze through my rival. I caught two Wurmple, a male and female, and leveled them up to level 5. Then ditched Mudkip. The male evolved into silcoon, and the female evolved into silcoon. I released the female because the male was better rounded off. Then i caught another male wurmple and leveled him up to level 7. He evolved into a Cascoon. I caught my Surskit. It was a female. I named her Kitsune and leveled her up to level 8. Cascoon and Silcoon also evolved.

Right now my team is:

Beautifly lv. 10
Lonely Nature
Tackle
String Shot
Poison Sting Absorb

Dustox lv. 10
Lonely Nature
Tackle
String Shot
Poison Sting
Confusion

Surskit/Kitsune lv. 9
Quiet Nature
Bubble
Quick Attack

Last edited:

Octillaryrules

ok so im bored and i want to do one aswell on my emerald

im going to do a normal one

do i edit my original post with updates or do I make a new post ?

zaxly100

Glalie Luva
You should play a bit, and then post a new one.

In my bug sapphire, i caught a Nincada and named him Alkoi. I beat Roxanne when all of my pokes were at level 14. Gotta tell ya, it took forever to level Nincada. I went to dewford, then skipped the gym so i could train more in Slateport. I beat the Aquas. I'm training my Pokes to 18 before i battle brendon. I also nicknamed Beautifly Beck and Dustox DJ. Next, I'm planning on catching a Volbeat and when i can, i'll get a heracross.

Team:

Surskit/Kitsune
Quiet Nature
lv. 17
Bubble
Quick Attack
Sweet Scent

Nincada/Alkoi
Rash Nature
lv. 17
Scratch
Fury Swipes
Leech Life
Sand-Attack

Dustox/DJ
Lonely Nature
lv. 17
Tackle
Protect
Gust
Confusion

Beautifly/Beck
Lonely Nature
lv. 17
Tackle
Stun Spore
Gust
Absorb

deatho

Mono Type Challenge. Daily Log Day 5

I have also decided to take this challenge. my type will be water.

Day1:

I picked Mudkip as my starter and after spending many minutes arguing with Birch on how not great it is to go and see May... I gave in and owned her. After battling my way through my fathers gym iIhad caught 2 more water pokemon. these were Marill and Lotad. I leveled them all to level 10 and then went through Petalburg Woods.

After owning the aqua grunt I stormed through the rest of the forest and straight to the gym. The water type advantage just helped me even more and won with 6 water gun attacks.

My Squad So Far:

;183;
Level: 13
Nature: Calm
Moveset: Tackle , Defense Curl , Tail Whip , Water Gun

;258;
Level: 13
Nature: Lax
Moveset: Tackle , Growl , Mud-Slap , Water Gun

;270;
Level: 10
Nature: Relaxed
Moveset: Astonish , Growl , Absorb , Bullet Seed

Day2:

Fought the trainers above the gym, owned the grunt and saved Peeko. Got ANOTHER great ball as a reward and got a Pokenav! Went to Dewford and trained in the caves. I delivered the letter to Steven. After about an hour of vigourous training my Mudkip evolved into Marshtomp! my Lotad evolved into a Lombre and my Marill evolved into an Azumarill! in the gym, Azumarill's Defense Curl + Rollout combo worked perfectly and beat every single trainer without even losing half of its hp! After the fight i healed up and now here i am.

My Squad So Far :

;259;
Level: 20
Moveset: Tackle , Foresight , Mud Shot , Water Gun

;271;
Moveset: Fake Out , Nature Power , Absorb , Bullet Seed

;184;
Moveset: Tackle, Defense Curl , Rollout, Water Gun

Day3:

I collected the Old Rod off the random fisher and caught myself a Magikarp! I raised it for many hours and finnally got a Gyrados. I delivered the parts and protected them from Team Aqua. I carried on and pwned May. Her Grovyle was no match for my Lombre's Nature Power!!! I got the Itemfinder and confronted Wally. After showing him how much he still sucks I went and challenged the gym. Knowing that Marshtomp was part ground type, Watson's gym would be know problem and I took care of him in 5 Mud Shots. I saved my game and now here I am. Cant wait to wipe the floor with the next gym :p

My Squad So Far :

;259;
Level: 27
Moveset: Rock Tomb , Foresight , Mud Shot , Water Gun

;271;
Level: 24
Moveset: Fake Out , Nature Power , Absorb , Bullet Seed

;184;
Level: 24
Moveset: Tackle, Defense Curl , Rollout, Bubblebeam

;130;
Nature: Bold
Moveset: Splash , Tackle , Bite

Day 4:

Stormed all the way through the next area. Everyone had fire types and rock types haha! Owned the magma's at the volcano, healed up at the Verandturf Pokemon Center and went straight to the gym. Deliberatley owned every single trainer in there. I fought Flannery and owned all the her pokemon with marshtomp until Torkoal :-/ she used attract and made him faint with consistent take downs. i sent out Azumarrill to finish off the job and killed it with one water gun :) I collected the Go-Goggles from and saved the game.
Im now on to fighting my dad. Cant Wait!!

My Squad So Far:

;259;
Level: 34
Moveset: Rock Tomb , Takedown , Mud Shot , Water Gun

;271;
Level: 31
Moveset: Fury Swipes , Nature Power , Absorb , Thief

;184;
Level: 32
Moveset: Tackle, Defense Curl , Rollout, Bubblebeam

;130;
Level: 31
Moveset: Leer , Tackle , Bite , Dragon Rage

Day 5:

Trained in the desert and evolved my Marshtomp into a Swampert!! Went staright to my dads gym and owned him. Went to rustboro to collect the exp.share and went home to get the amulet coin. Saved my game and now here I am.

My Squad So Far:

;260;
Level: 37
Moveset: Rock Tomb , Takedown , Mud Shot , Water Gun

;271;
Level: 36
Moveset: Fury Swipes , Nature Power , Absorb , Thief

;184;
Level: 34
Moveset: Double Edge , Defense Curl , Rollout, Bubblebeam

;130;
Level: 35
Moveset: Leer , Twister , Bite , Dragon Rage

Last edited:

sora247

~Ding Dong~
first of all, wtf is the guy above me talking about? and secondly, i think ill take up a water one also. my final team will probaly look like this:

gyarados
swampert
ludicolo
pelliper
walrein
lanturn

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
off topic:asd dude ur spamming
on topic:im thinking about doing a fighting mono challenge but im not sure.

Jolteonfan

Come to me.
Sorry If I bump this thread.Ok, I decided I'd like to do one XD. This would be my second monotype challenge, as I beat the ground type before this one. I'm doing fighting type, by the way. I chose Torchic of course, it's hasty natured and now I'm training it up slowly so I can fight my rival. I always do this, it's level 12 now, but I'm gonna get it up to level 15 before I fight.

Judoken A.K.A. Torchic:
Hasty natured
Level 12
Scratch
growl
focus energy
ember

Expect a better update soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.