• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RU Team; Crawdaunt the Warrior!

Bossk

Like a champ.
This is an RU team I've been working on and I would like help in constructing the remaining team members and altering the current ones for the better. I originally made this team in hopes of using Crawdaunt, whom I've had the urge to use as of late. Without further ado:

Uxie @ Light Clay
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock
-Momento

The strategy with Uxie is to max out speed in order to quickly set up a screen for the opposing Pokémon, then set up Stealth Rock or another screen, then do the other. Momento to instigate a switch or soften the blow for the other Pokémon. Light Clay increases the duration of the screens, while max HP to take more hits.

Crawdaunt @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Substitute
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Dragon Dance

Crawdaunt is meant to do two things: set up and sweep; Substitute can be used on the switch and can be used regardless due to dual screens being up. The screens should be enough to get Crawdaunt to at least +2, which will be all that is necessary to sweep. Max attack and speed EVs assist in his sweep. Crunch and Waterfall are used for reliable and powerful STAB, further boosted by Adaptability.

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Thunder
-Giga Drain
-Bug Buzz
-HP {Fire}

Galvantula will be maximizing speed to make sure it always go first in order to make up for the awful defences it possesses. Life Orb and max EVs in SpA will allow it to hit hard, with Thunder and Compound Eyes aiding in that quest. Giga Drain for coverage, and the extra HP gained lost from Life Orb and entry hazards will be useful. HP {Fire} for Steel-types and Bug Buzz for STAB and coverage.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Aqua Tail

This Aerodactyl is meant to outspeed everything and hit hard thanks to Choice Band; the moves give good coverage. Stone Edge will be used for the needed power to push through opponents rather than Rock Slide. Double Edge, Earthquake, and Aqua Tail for powerful coverage; very simple set.

Kabutops @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP/72 Def/184 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Waterfall
-Toxic

Kabutops has a very important role in this team; he is my spinner, my backup for Stealth Rock, and is also able to take down walls with Toxic. The EV spread is meant to outspeed some foes, while able to maintain his physical bulk.

Meganium @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/252 SpD
-Aromatherapy
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power {Rock}
-Leech Seed

Meganium is meant to soak up special attacks, but not take huge blows from physical ones either; Kabutops is meant to absorb the physical attacks. Leech Seed, Leftovers, and Giga Drain for HP recovery. Aromatherapy is meant to heal off status problems for my team to help my sweepers get around a burn or paralysis; Hidden Power {Rock} is meant to take down Pokémon that heavily threaten her such as Fire-types and Flying-types.

So tell me your thoughts, what I should improve, etc. I'm open minded, but keep in mind that this is an RU team originally created to get use out of Crawdaunt.

P.S. I cannot add any images at the moment due to my only substitute for a computer until Christmas is my cell phone; my apologies.

Last edited:

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
I'm no expert at RU, but synergy wise, you're very weak to bug. I don't know how common Scyther, or other Bug types are, but an opposing Galvantula can wreak quite some stuff.
For Aerodactyl I recommend Stone Edge > Rock Slide and Hone Claws > Aqua Tail/Roost. Lum Berry further aids its set up. Switching moves and power included. It's too frail to Roost anyways.
So great to see Crawdaunt <3 I hope this team works out for you =D

Bossk

Like a champ.
You're right, Bug-types could ruin me. I thought my changes saved before I copied and pasted to my phone; Aerodactyl was meant to have Stone Edge and Choice Band with Galvantula having Hidden Power{Ground} for the common Nidoqueen in RU. Thinking about it, though, having Hidden Power {Fire} helps with Bug-types that crush half of my team.

Thank you, though, I love seeing him get used, as he's one of my favorite Pokémon ever. <3

Last edited:

Bossk

Like a champ.
Bump.

Any further comments, suggestions, etc. with my team? I don't want to make this team knowing more could be done to make it better.