• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RU: The "Smexy" Tier

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Yup, I decided to move down to the RU tier after spending so much time in the OU and UU tiers. Anyways, seeing as this was my first time playing here, I was unsure of what Pokemon to use. I eventually settled on a basic FWG core and went from there. I'm not going to do an "Team Building Process" thing because I know most of you won't read it, so let's just move on to the team

480.png
|
107.png
|
442.png
|
315.png
|
160.png
|
157.png
|

361751.jpg

Uxie [Sleepy] @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def
Impish Nature

Moves
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
U-Turn
Knock Off

This is usually my lead and does a very good job as a physical wall as well.It usually sets up Rocks or paralyzes anything on the first turn, depending on the match up. U-Turn works as a scouting measure, but I think I'll replace it with something else, not sure what though. And finally, Knock is a great support move, especially since there are a lot of Eviolite holders in the lower tiers, so knocking off their item gives me a pretty good advantage.

Iscribble_Chibi_Hitmonchan_by_MarillMatey.png

Hitmonchan [Bullet] @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
Adamant Nature

Moves
Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Rapid Spin
Ice Punch

I like Hitmonchan so I decided to add to my team as a spinner. he also gets that Iron Fist Mach Punch, so that is very nice. This set may seem a bit weird, but trust me it works very well. You know, when there are no Ghosts around. Mach Punch is an obvious choice for an Iron Fist Hitmonchan, and it's a great priority moves stopped by Ghosts and Flying types. Drain Punch give Hitmonchan some sort of recovery, and it hits rather hard, so it's a stronger STAB for Hitmonchan to work off of. Rapid Spin, because keeping my field clear of hazards is always nice, and finally Ice Punch, nails incoming Flying types hard.

Spiritomb_by_KristynJanelle.png

Spiritomb [Entombed] @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
252 HP/ 216 Def/ 40 Sp.Def
Bold Nature

Moves
Pain Split
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power [Fighting]

Spiritomb I guess is my Bulky set up sweeper, if you wanted to go that far, but he works very well. I originally had him as my spin blocker, because I ran Spikes on Roselia, but since I changed to Aromatherapy instead, Spiritomb became a Calm Minder. Anyways, Will-o-Wisp helps cripple the physical threats of the tier, except of Entei because he is a Fire type, of course. Calm Mind is what makes Spiritomb so good. Given his EV spread, and W-o-W, after a few Calm Mind boosts, he becomes quite Bulky from both sides. Shadow Ball is the STAB of choice because it comes with a nifty Special Defense drop and paired up with Hidden Power Fighting, achieves perfect neutral coverage. So once Spiritomb set ups, it becomes pretty difficult to take down.

Changed Will-O-Wisp to Pain Split to give Spiritomb some way to recover lost HP, and I kind of don't like running more than one kind of status move anyways.

roselia.png

Roselia [Rose] @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
252 HP/ 4 Sp.Atk/ 252 Sp.Def
Calm Nature

Moves
Aromatherapy
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb/Hidden Power [Fire]
Rest

Roselia was originally my Spiker, but I really don't like having my Pokemon Toxiced or Burned, I turned it into a Cleric. I find it kind of weird not playing with a Cleric, so the change was very much welcomed. Anyways, with Giga Drain, Roselia can recover lost HP, which is very nice since she can't hold Leftovers or the Black Sludge. Sludge Bomb prevents Roselia from being walled by other Grass types, but otherwise, its a fairly powerful STAB attack. And finally, Rest works in conjunction with Natural Cure to completely regain her HP back in one fell swoop.

I'm currently still testing HP Fire. Its has come in handy at times, but I'm kind of reluctant on making the change permanent. I don't why, I'm weird I guess

tumblr_lugfj7dj4e1r5ue2so1_500.png

Feraligatr [Ripred] @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature

Moves
Swords Dance
Waterfall
Aqua Jet
Return Crunch

This guy is a beast once it gets a Swords Dance boost. And since I do carry paralysis support, he has little fear of being outsped most of the time. Waterfall is the strongest physical STAB available to him, and comes with a nifty flinch rate so that is good. Aqua Jet gives my team another form of priority, one that can actually hit Ghosts. And finally Return gives me some thing to do against a Poliwrath before it Circle Throws me out of the field. I feel like its more of filler move to be honest. I might replace with something like Brick Break or Superpower, but I'm not sure.

Replaced Return with Crunch, because Slowking posed some problems whenever it came in. The occasional defense drop is also nice as well. Poliwrath kind of walls me, but that's why I got Roselia and Uxie

Typhlosion-1.jpg

Typhlosion [Zero] @ Choice Specs
Trait: Blaze
4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature

Moves
Eruption
Fire Blast
Hidden Power [Grass]
Focus Blast

Typhlosion was once my favorite Pokemon, but got replaced by Togekiss. Nevertheless, he still holds a special place in my heart. So that's why I decided to add it to my team. Choice Specs Eruption hits ridiculously hard. Fire Blast keeps the firepower going once Typhlosion's HP goes down. Hidden Power Grass covers the Rocks, Ground, and Waters that resist my primary STAB. And finally Focus Miss Blast adds some extra coverage against Rocks, but it's mostly filler.

And that is my team guys. I have tried out my current team, and it works very well, it hasn't let me down yet, but still, if it can be improved further, then I would like to know. Give your thoughts, suggestions or concerns. And thanks for taking your time to read this :D

;315;;157;;442;;107;;480;;160;​

Last edited:

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
I'd change Sludge Bomb on Roselia to HP Fire. It'll handle Durant, still hits grass, and hits many more types than poison does.

And change Feraligatr's filler move to either Ice Fang, Crunch, or Brick Break. Whichever type your team needs to hit the most. Which by the looks, is ghost.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
I thought Durant was BL2? But regardless, those are some good suggestion, I'll test them out when I get the chance ^_^

Usatoday

Eternal God
I would go pain split on spiritomb as it seems to be your physical wall along with uxie

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
I would go pain split on spiritomb as it seems to be your physical wall along with uxie

That sounds like a good choice, but what should I replace. W-o-W? Because setting up Calm Minds is what I typically do anyways.

Usatoday

Eternal God
That sounds like a good choice, but what should I replace. W-o-W? Because setting up Calm Minds is what I typically do anyways.

That would probably be best also How do you fair against specs galvantula as with some prediction it will make your life a living hell

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
That would probably be best also How do you fair against specs galvantula as with some prediction it will make your life a living hell

I usually fare pretty well against them. Roselia can take some hits from it. But if I manage to paralyze it, its very easy to handle.