1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ruby and sapphire remakes confirmed!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Sprites' started by MetalFlygon08, May 2, 2010.

1. MetalFlygon08

MetalFlygon08 Haters Gonna Hate

[​IMG]

or ya, know, I sprited...

C&C, praise, burn at the stakes, do whatever it is you peeps do.

2. Ryubane

Ryubane Why yes, it exists

Really inventive, but I'd like to see something that's a more iconic R/S scene, such as a faceoff with Maxie or Archie. Wally's okay, but not the strongest theme in those games.

As for the sprite(s), they're above average. I could probably be fooled if I didn't know better. Although, I have to point out that Wally's hair seems a lot greener here than the art and the R/S sprites. And why does Ralts' HP/status bar have a giant alligator bite taken out of the side? XD Still, it's neat and I want to see more!

3. MetalFlygon08

the trainers get hungry duh! and the fact I havn't finished the Ally side'd HP bar, Wally will probally get a redesign whenever teh Remakes do come around, so I'm jumping the gun, besides, I hate yellow-green...I'm mostly a fan of the HP bars, they look so sleek, so not square.

[​IMG]

new colors, and some touch ups made.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  4. ReaperNeku

ReaperNeku The One and Only

Ah, the new one looks a lot more like wally than the first one. Considering you put the original colors of Wally in R/S/E on the sprite. Keep it up!

5. Lorde

Lorde Banned

It's ok, but the Wally sprite doesn't seem to fit with the color schemes used for the Pokemon. I would suggest using duller colors since Wally's sprite looks much too bright/sharp to be a believable game sprite. The status bar for Ralts is kinda cool, but maybe you should give Combusken's bar a bit of an update too, just so that both look like they belong to the same game as opposed to two totally different games. As for the names on the bars, I think the text should be bigger as the bar usually holds ten characters in the English games and these look like they could fit twelve lol. The text on the text screen is a bit too bright. I don't think even D/P/Pt and HG/SS use text of that magnitude. All in all, a pretty good attempt :)

6. ReaperNeku

ReaperNeku The One and Only

Yeah, but if you looked closer at the original picture of Wally from RSE, the colors match that of his main poke's (Ralts) colors. So I don't think the colors are too bright for wally.

7. I must say, I'm pretty impressed with the mock-up, what with the Wally sprite and what appears to be a Ralts scratch. However, I would fix the text so it doesn't look all over the place. Trust me, I know it's tricky, but it isn't that hard if you zoom in and align it all in place, especially if you use a line or something to make sure one's not too high or low. And of course, this is nitpicky but..if you want to convince some suckers, make sure Ralts' name is in all caps. ;P

8. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Ah I just noticed the new update, the image didn't load before I posted. Yes, he edited Ralts' sprite to make it look closer to Wally's but that kind of ruins the point. Wally had to be slightly "toned down" instead of Ralts being made brighter to compensate for Wally's brightness. The new one looks better but it might have looked snazzier had Ralts been left alone since it would have looked a bit more orginal :p

Anyway, MetalFlygon, keep up the good work!

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  9. Ryubane

Well, the new Wally matches a little bettwer, but I suppose since Ralts' sprite has since been Gen. 4'd up, he's more vivid now, so it doesn't match as well as it used to.

And @The 4th Kira: Wouldn't it be an original image no matter how you slice it? Plus, the goal with any sprites is to make them look official, so...

10. PokeDillon96

PokeDillon96 Boss.

Nice sprites. ^_^

Although, one thing I should point out is the text looks kind of uneven, like the g's and the p's. And the slanted "lv" looks kind of weird.

It is honestly believable, though by the time the R/S remakes come out we'll be at the end of the 5th Gen reign, and the graphics would probably look a lot different than that.

11. Zozo1999

Zozo1999 has left Serebii

That was the first thing I noticed, the gs and ps look very uneven

12. Fused

Fused Shun the nonbeliever

These are really good. There's only otwo things I noticed.

Wally's pallete, at least his green, isn't vibrant enough to keep consistent with the background colors and the other sprites (for some reason, Ralts doesn't bother me as much as Wally.)

Second, you should edit "Your PKMN" status bar to match the curve of your foe's status bar.

other than that, this is a really good revamp and mockup.

13. Ryubane

The g's and p's just one pixel lower than they're supposed to be. It's an easy fix.

14. chupik13

chupik13 chupik13

can we download an nds rom for this anywhere?

15. Ryubane

XD It doesn't exist. This is just a mockup sprite. Unless you were joking...

16. Rayquaza Master777

Rayquaza Master777 #1 May Fanboy

I really hope they make remakes of RSE. I remember when I first got Sapphire...

17. Ryubane

NOT the right forum for this, dude. Please don't think I'm trying to mini-mod, but it's just a fan-made sprite mock-up and this speculative discussion should at least move to VMs or PMs. Sorry! :p

18. MetalFlygon08

[​IMG]

only a matter of time until this image appears in General claiming a 3rd Gen Remake...

anywho tried a bit of a darker shade of Green for Wally, oh, the reason I keep uploading the changed Mock-Up, is to show how the sprite would look in action, becuase on a solid color a sprite might look good, until it's placed on a background like this.

and I apparently succeeded in tricking someone, I might remove the text box, or put one in with the Proper Kanji, ya know, to make it look really legit...

19. Plat. Frontier

Plat. Frontier Epic Mustache

Things that would make it look official:
    Proper Kanji
    Making Ralts all in capital letters.
    If you didn't edit Combusken's back sprite, edit it (make it similar to Zoroark's backsprite in Black & White)
    Edit the background at least a different color.
    On Combusken's HP Amount (below HP Bar) the color is brighter than it should be.​

20. Satoshi_poketo monsta

Satoshi_poketo monsta Home-Made Trainer.

If Wally appear, then where's Brendan?