• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ruby Battle Tower team

swampert55

I've already defeated the lv100 Battle Tower 100 times, but I am wondering what people think of my team that I used to win said Battle Tower.

Swampert@Leftovers
Body Slam
Earthquake
Muddy Water
Blizzard

Dragonite@Scope Lens
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Outrage
Fly

Mantine@Shell Bell
Water Pulse
Ice Beam
Confuse Ray
Wing Attack

The movesets aren't that great..but if you won 100 times streak, either it must have been extremely easy or you got very lucky.

Better would be Surf over Muddy Water, and Ice Beam over Blizzard for Swampert for reliability.
Aerial Ace over Fly on Dragonite and Surf over Water Pulse for Mantine.

S

Shine

Fly takes two turns, which gives your opponent more time to set up.

And Toxic will help a lot more against more tanky pokemon, although a lot of them will have Rest or something...

blaziken05

Since this is ingame, the opponents don't set up. Fly'll take longer to work, but it's possibly more effective against the "AI." I think ingame, Fly can be effective (though as soon as you fight real humans, you'll fine AA is better). Return > Body Slam, though neither are that great on Swampert. Toxic's not the best choice because you don't have much of a tank (Swampert needs Curse and/or Rest to tank well)

S

Shine

In the Battle Tower, there's a good chance they will. Another thing, AA will always hit, which is useful in the Battle Tower as they like Double Teaming there IIRC.

Arial ace is always better than fly. Always. And I seriously think you should consider protect on Swampert, since it gives you leftovers recovery AND guarantees that you win against Slaking.

If you feel you absolutely have to use special moves on Dragonite, I think boltbeam is the way to go. Boltbeam and two physical attacks.