• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ruby or Sapphire? O.o

Ruby or Sapphire poll

• Sapphire

Votes: 50 56.2%
  • Ruby

Votes: 39 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
Yo guys,

As you may have seen i posted my question in some thread and now i feel convinced to go buy either Ruby or Sapphire (bought em fake over eBay, shuld i buy new ones of just play with them i got, was the question). They are boxed and legit although i think for now i can only buy one of them.

Which one? Ruby or Sapphire? Sapphire has a cool cartridge color and seems or rather is more rare. Ruby has cooler box art :3 Dont really care about poke exclusives cause they arnt that important

;382; ;383;

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
It's up to you. What Mascot Pokemon do you like better? What colour do you like better lol. I would go sapphire personally.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
I would also choose Sapphire since Team Aqua looks a bit less ridiculous than Team Magma lol

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
I like team Aqua much more than team Magma and thats why i want to be on their side when i play through the game :p

Said to the local videogame shop to replace the battery in Sapphire (they had 2 ruby and 1 sapphire complete, all with dry batteries)

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
I like the Magma outfits more than the Aqua ones. But anyhow Ruby is the only version I own. I like the version exclusives in Ruby a lot though so I guess I'd prefer it.

bobtim

Pachirisu trainer
I Liked Sapphire. It had some cool Pokémon like Lotad's type and Team aqua were funny but, hard because I often used a water type and team Aqua's team usually consisted of water?

Shinies

<-- 200 Re's 11/2/12
Just a question, why not buy Emerald? Its far superior over Ruby and Sapphire :). And you can get both Kyogre and Groudon :D

But if your choosing between Ruby and Sapphire I would go with Ruby. :)

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
Just a question, why not buy Emerald? Its far superior over Ruby and Sapphire :). And you can get both Kyogre and Groudon :D

But if your choosing between Ruby and Sapphire I would go with Ruby. :)

i have emerald :D
they are a little different though and i do collect. Ruby and Sapphire are the only two i miss in my 3rd gen collection. I just love 3rd gen since i grew up with it :)

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Aside from the outstanding Emerald version, I'd pick Sapphire because Kyogre was my first favorite legendary.

Hmm, I hope GF would create re-makes of these titles soon.

blackmeadow

Coolio Julio
Sapphire was my first Pokemon game ever, so I'd have to stick with that.

Kyogre's awesome too, which makes Sapphire even cooler.

HydroSwampert

Sapphire was my first Pokemon game ever, so I'd have to stick with that.

Kyogre's awesome too, which makes Sapphire even cooler.

Same! Sapphire is my first Pokemon Game ever too, so I'd have to say to get Sapphire Version ! Ruby Version is awesome too! They're both awesome! Kyogre and Groudon are both awesome! Team Aqua and Magma are both awesome! Another thing for me is that I like Ludicolo better than Shiftry , but I still like Shiftry a lot! The Version-exclusive Pokemon are all awesome!

Can you tell that I like them both a lot? :p :D :)

Also, if you can, then you could get Emerald Version since you can get more different kinds of Pokemon without trading, and there is more to do including the Safari Zone !

You should get whichever appeals to you the most, obviously! :p :D :)

I hope that I helped! :p :D :)

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I think you should get Sapphire. I still have mine ^_^ and its fabulous!! Pretty cool cartridge color :D

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
Yep, i may sound childish but cartridge color sealed the deal (sapphire). Waited a week and still waiting though. They are changing batteries and then it was the wrong battery size etc :/

Also, "Kyogre one shots groudon so sapphire is better" is not a valid arguement if you ask me xD "Yeah go with White, Zekrom's electricity is not 'not very effective' but Reshirams Fire is to Zekrom. That means you instantly win to someone who has pokemon Black!"

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Although I like sapphire better, I got ruby and learned to live with it. I like both of them because of Kyogre and Latios, respectively.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Really,just go with the one you prefer.If Emerald was in the mix though,you should definetly get Emerald.

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
I would go with Sapphire. Only difference is the colour and the mascot and I prefer Kyogre and Blue better :p

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
Yep, i may sound childish but cartridge color sealed the deal (sapphire). Waited a week and still waiting though. They are changing batteries and then it was the wrong battery size etc :/

Also, "Kyogre one shots groudon so sapphire is better" is not a valid arguement if you ask me xD "Yeah go with White, Zekrom's electricity is not 'not very effective' but Reshirams Fire is to Zekrom. That means you instantly win to someone who has pokemon Black!"

I can be as invalid as I want XD

Status
Not open for further replies.