• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Scramble Challenge - New (read first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprintking

So here's my team so far
-Corphish that evolves in a rainy place
-Esoognaz
-Seedot that evolves after consuming a berry
-Linoone w/ slash...alright
-Slugma that evolves after beating a higher leveled water pokemon...hardest condition so far...
-

Just need one more!

Spiritking: Take a Baltoy. It can evolve when it beats one of Wallace's Pokemon.

Sprintking

So here's my team
-Corphish that evolves in a rainy place
-Esoognaz
-Seedot that evolves after consuming a berry
-Linoone w/ slash
-Slugma that evolves after beating a higher leveled water pokemon
-Baltoy that evolves after taking down one of Wallace's pokemon...this could be difficult

Ok! This looks like fun and hopefully I'll have an update soon.

Sprintking

First update!

Chose torchic to start, then used him to catch a hasty seedot and naughty zigzagoon. The extra zigzagoons I caught that had worse natures are currently in my party for the sole purpose of pickup items, nothing more. Seedot was a bit of a pain to raise early because of only having bide, but I taught him bullet seed upon gaining the tm. That move made Roxanne a joke, and seedot evolved upon completion of the gym. I am currently in Dewford, and have cleared the gym up to brawly. Needless to say having a party consisting of a normal type and a dark type makes this gym ridiculously tough. I tried to take him on with this leveled team, and makuhita OHKO'd both of them. I guess I've got to level quite a bit, any strategies would be appreciated.
EDIT: Well I'm done with Brawly. After skipping him to finish all the Slateport plot events, I returned with both pokes over level 20. Igza's headbutt beat Machop easily, and Makuhita kept using sand-attack on Shifty, which was lucky because nature power was swift in that gym's terrain. That brought Makuhita down to critical hp before he KO'd Shifty, and one Igza headbutt finished him off.

My team:
Shifty ;274; lvl 20
-fake out
-nature power
-growth
-bullet seed

Igza ;264; lvl 21
-tackle
-sand-attack
-odor sleuth
-headbutt

Last edited:

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I would like an Emerald scramble to balance alongside my SS one. I don't want to do any trading, so all the pokemon have to be caught on emerald.

Kyukon_Mars

I want to restart my Ruby and do a scramble challenge. No trading, otherwise anything goes.

Charosi: Take a Wingull that evolves after defeating Flannery.

Sprintking

Charosi, take a Solrock with Explosion

Now it's time for my update

It's been awhile, and I have now beaten 5 gyms. Wattson was no trouble, especially with Nature Power Earthquake. I then was able to acquire Slugma and Zangoose, and the quest has been much, much easier. My Zangoose is Adamant, and with a Silk Scarf and a few Sword Dances, he's quasi-broken. Flannery was a little trouble, only because of overheat being and OHKO to Esoognaz, But that's what the other poke's were for, Fodder to take the first overheat. After Flannery was Norman, usually one of the hardest trainers in the game for me. Well, with Slaking's Truant ability, it was easy to max out my attack, and Esoognaz swept through him easily. I have just caught my Corphish, and am currently on my way to Fortree, picking up a Leaf Stone on the way to get a Shiftry.

My Team:

Shifty ;274;
lvl 31 hasty
Miracle Seed
-Fake Out
-Faint Attack
-Growth
-Bullet Seed

Igza ;264;
lvl 30 Naughty
King's Rock
-Strength
-Sand-Attack
-Mud Sport
-Headbutt

Esoognaz ;335;
lvl 26 Adamant
Silk Scarf
-Pursuit
-Quick Attack
-Swords Dance
-Slash

Vesuvius ;218;
lvl 22 Quiet
-Yawn
-Smog
-Ember
-Rock Throw

Cleglaw ;341;
lvl 20 Naive
-Surf
-Bubblebeam
-Vicegrip
-Leer

Should have another update in the next few days, after I finally add Baltoy to my team.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Kyukon_Mars - take a slakoth that can't evolve to vigoroth until it beats 8 gym leader pokemon, and cant evolve to slaking until it learns reversal

As for my team

- Aggron
- Wingull that can evolve after defeating flannery
- Solrock with explosion
-
-
-

SilverMorty

Charoshi take a Numel that evolves after defeating all the trainers in the desert.

Kyukon Mars take a Carvanha that evolves underwater.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Could I possibly given a pokemon that can learn dive/waterfall. I know I shouldn't really ask, but it is rather nice.

- Aggron
- Solrock with explosion
- Numel that can evolve after all desert trainers are beaten.
-
-

Kyukon_Mars

Okay, so far I have half my team:

- Weezing that must learn Hyper Beam
- Slakoth that can't evolve into Vigoroth until it beats 8 gym leader Pokemon, and can't evolve into Salking until it learns Reversal (this sounds like a challenging one)
- Carvahna that must evolve underwater
-
-
-

Need the last three.

rekreatur

Kyukon Mars, take a Vulpix. It doesn't matter whether you evolve it or not, but you may never change one of its moves, you can pick the move yourself.

fatyeti4

Master of War
Charosi-tentacool that can evolve after beating the sixth gym.

Mars- Shroomish that can evolve after soloing a gym or rival battle.

As for me, I would like a scramble challenge on sapphire. No trades or feebas, otherwise anything goes.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
fatyeti4 - have a Torchic that can evolve after beating the 2nd gym, and can evolve again after beating two of Wallace's pokemon

As for my team,

- Aggron
- Solrock with explosion
- Tentacool that can evolve after beating the 6th gym
-

One more

Kyukon Mars: Volbeat that must know Tail Glow.

Charoshi: Cacturne that must know Needle Arm. Can't evolve until it defeats your rival on its own in Lilycove.

Fatyeti4: Male Beautifly that must know Stun Spore.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Alrighty, my team has a different look. I guess I will go catch wingull first. I'll start the game soon.

- Aggron
- Solrock with explosion
- Tentacool that can evolve after beating the 6th gym
- Cacturne that must know needle arm and solo rival before evolving

Kyukon_Mars

Okay, got my whole team now.

- Weezing that must learn Hyper Beam
- Slakoth that can't evolve into Vigoroth until it beats 8 gym leader Pokemon, and can't evolve into Salking until it learns Reversal (this sounds like a challenging one)
- Carvahna that must evolve underwater
- Vulpix that must never change one of its moves
- Shroomish that can evolve after soloing a gym or rival battle
- Volbeat that must know Tail Glow

I had a Ninetales and Breloom in my original Ruby so maybe I won't evolve the Vulpix. As for Shroomish, I think I'll get one that has Poison Heal instead of Effect Spore.

fatyeti4, take an Electrike that can evolve after learning Thunder.

ilovetorterra

I am the epic.
I would like to do a scramble on my Ruby. No Feebas or Magikarp and I must use a starter. Oh, and also no restrictions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.