• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Glitch Discussion

Do You Believe In The Celebi Glitch?

• Yes

Votes: 476 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 693 38.5%
  • I Don't Know...

Votes: 633 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought it might be a glitch, because the chances are like on in a billion, and i thought that if you had a shiny, it couldn't have pokerus

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
Is this a glitch?

In all the years that I've had my Emerald, I never found a single shiny. Not one. And on Ruby, I saw two, started over, and never saw one again. Or am I just really super UBER unlucky?

Pokemon trainer#93

The giratina master
Don't know if it was a glitch but in my sapphire when i was challenging the elite four i used thunderbolt with my raichu on sidney's absol the sound of thunderbolt kept playing until the end of the battle.

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
Don't know if it was a glitch but in my sapphire when i was challenging the elite four i used thunderbolt with my raichu on sidney's absol the sound of thunderbolt kept playing until the end of the battle.

My guess is that its a glitch, I never had a glitch like that before.
must be annoying listening to that thunderbolt sound over and over.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
There's Always the Cloneing Glitch In Emerald But I Never Use That Glitch No More

Chaos Rush

In Emerald, when I went to the Rustboro Trainer's School, you know how there's two windows at the top of the room? Well, there were 8 glitched tiles; they all looked like distorted black pixels. At first I thought, "Um...they're supposed to be poorly done curtains?". Later using *coughcoughAdvanceMapcoughcough* I checked the room of the Trainer's School, and it didn't have those distorted 'curtains'. I also checked the same place on my Ruby version, nothing was distorted. Since I was planning on restarting Emerald, I traded all of my EV trained Pokemon to Ruby, then at the title screen of Emerald I pressed Up+Select+B to clear my save file (just in case to see if that would clear up the fake curtains). Once I reached Rustboro city, everything in there was just fine, and the windows weren't distorted with those 'curtains'.

This is how I think it could have happened:
1. Once out of curiosity, I pulled out my Emerald version while the Gameboy was on. (However, when I was younger and stupid, I pulled out my Ruby version out of my Gameboy many times, and my Ruby version does not have any glitches at all).

2. I've performed the cloning glitch on that save file (lol, I might have discovered the one side-affect of using the cloning glitch)

I would like other people who've performed the cloning glitch on Emerald to go into the Trainer's School in Rustboro and go up to the windows to see if they are glitched.

Ammako

Pulling the game while the GameBoy is on doesn't corrupt any data unless you didn't save or pulled the game out while saving.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
What is the emerald cloning glitch?

Has anyone ever found a Celebi on route 123, if you can find someone who has I'll believe the glitch. Also, if its not confirmed, how does everyone know the stats for ctaching it??? Surely its in the game code, and if it is then it is true and ther's no denying it.

PS: I thought my game was glitched-up when I found artisan's cave, I now know it's just a really pointless part of the game.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur

Has anyone ever found a Celebi on route 123, if you can find someone who has I'll believe the glitch. Also, if its not confirmed, how does everyone know the stats for ctaching it??? Surely its in the game code, and if it is then it is true and ther's no denying it.

Ammako

PS: I thought my game was glitched-up when I found artisan's cave, I now know it's just a really pointless part of the game.

Can you learn to read?

There's a _______ sticky talking about it!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

I've found a Celebi, but on Route 121. It seems to appear on both those routes. As for its unconfirmed status, it's apparently only in the early american releases of Ruby and Sapphire, which I happen to have. I know other people on these forums have obtained Celebi on those routes, but I don't know who.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm having an outbreak of Seedot in my Sapphire version on Rt 102.

EDIT: I decided to take the risk and catch one. While there haven't been any negative consequences, it does know Leech Seed, which is an Egg move.

Last edited:

Chaos Rush

I've found a Celebi, but on Route 121. It seems to appear on both those routes. As for its unconfirmed status, it's apparently only in the early american releases of Ruby and Sapphire, which I happen to have. I know other people on these forums have obtained Celebi on those routes, but I don't know who.
Um...Missingno. Master, you say that you've had Celebi for a long time, but you've never shown a picture for proof. Its just, "Yep, I got Celebi!"

Just post a picture of your Celebi's summary, and people will believe you! And I've looked at earlier posts; other people haved asked you for a picture, but you never posted one.

Ammako

Um...Missingno. Master, you say that you've had Celebi for a long time, but you've never shown a picture for proof. Its just, "Yep, I got Celebi!"

Just post a picture of your Celebi's summary, and people will believe you! And I've looked at earlier posts; other people haved asked you for a picture, but you never posted one.

Again, it could be sharked.

Black Doom: Read the previous pages, and you will see that everything is explained there. That is NOT a glitch.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You mixed records with Ruby, Period.

I see three problems with your theory. One, you would have had to mix records with Emerald for this to happen, since that is the game in which Seedot swarms. Two, I don't think the programming is that weak so that if you mixed records it would change the swarming patterns. Three, How could it not be a glitch if they know EGG AND TM MOVES! It's not natural for wild Pokemon to learn them. It's a glitch, Period.

While playing saphire last night I came across a TV that said Seedot were having a mass outbreak. I thought this didnt make much sense as Seedot cant be found on saphire. Anyway, twenty minutes later I ran into one in the long grass west of Lilycove. Confused I captured the Seedot and checked it out. To my surprise its moves were Giga Drain, Solarbeam, Frustration and Leech seed. Seedot learns none of these moves naturally(giga drain, solarbeam and frustration by TM and Leech seed as an egg move) I have since captured about another six of these Seedot from the same location and they all have the same moves. If anyone has heard of this before or knows what it means could they please let me know. The Seedot all appear at lv 25.

You're lucky. When I got it, it was on Rt. 102, where I fought stupid Lv. 3's who only knew Leech Seed and it's other crappy moves. I hope I get it again so I can get one like you have.

Last edited:

Ammako

I see three problems with your theory. One, you would have had to mix records with Emerald for this to happen, since that is the game in which Seedot swarms. Two, I don't think the programming is that weak so that if you mixed records it would change the swarming patterns. Three, How could it not be a glitch if they know EGG AND TM MOVES! It's not natural for wild Pokemon to learn them. It's a glitch, Period.

This swarm happens on Sapphire when you mix records with Ruby, and they have those Egg moves/TM moves. PERIOD. That is NOT a glitch! ;egg

Chaos Rush

It's not a glitch, and its not how weak the programming is either, its supposed to happen. Swarming Seedot are supposed to know those moves. Besides, you know how many times I've mixed records between my games? On Emerald, I mixed records with Ruby, and then suddenly Seedot were swarming (and Surskit, which can't be normally caught).

One of the reason's why its not a glitch is because it knows the special moves. In R/S/E, swarm Pokemon know different moves. One time on Ruby I caught a swarming Lv15 Skitty and it only knew Growl and Tackle, and it was missing Tail Whip and Attract. A few days later I hunted for a non-swarm Skitty and it knew Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, and Attract, and it was only Lv7. Obviously that isn't a glitch, because something would have to tell the game to not have those moves, along with the swarming Seedot to have those moves.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It's not a glitch, and its not how weak the programming is either, its supposed to happen. Swarming Seedot are supposed to know those moves. Besides, you know how many times I've mixed records between my games? On Emerald, I mixed records with Ruby, and then suddenly Seedot were swarming (and Surskit, which can't be normally caught).

Seedot are supposed to swarm on Emerald, not Ruby and Sapphire. If mixing records with Emerald causes Ruby and Sapphire, then either the programming is weak, or Game Freak did not tell us enough about mixing records and I will hate them forever.

One of the reason's why its not a glitch is because it knows the special moves. In R/S/E, swarm Pokemon know different moves. One time on Ruby I caught a swarming Lv15 Skitty and it only knew Growl and Tackle, and it was missing Tail Whip and Attract. A few days later I hunted for a non-swarm Skitty and it knew Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, and Attract, and it was only Lv7. Obviously that isn't a glitch, because something would have to tell the game to not have those moves, along with the swarming Seedot to have those moves.

Your logic contradicts itself. Normal wild Pokemon know normal moves. Only Baby Pokemon or Event Pokemon know special moves. If a wild pokemon knows special moves, it's a glitch or hack. And I do not hack.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
About the moves.......Yep, swarming Seedot does have those special moves. It is not a glitch at all, in fact this is old news :)

Status
Not open for further replies.