• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Glitch Discussion

Do You Believe In The Celebi Glitch?

• Yes

Votes: 476 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 693 38.5%
  • I Don't Know...

Votes: 633 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ammako

Black Doom: This is NOT a glitch! It is SUPPOSED to happens! That's the WHOLE point of record mixing! Stop saying "Ah blah blah this is a glitch or hack because there is special moves blah blah"

Record mixing mixes some data of Emerald with those of Ru/Sa tro give swarms, etc!

Chaos Rush

Your logic contradicts itself. Normal wild Pokemon know normal moves. Only Baby Pokemon or Event Pokemon know special moves. If a wild pokemon knows special moves, it's a glitch or hack. And I do not hack.
Do you know what a swarm Pokemon is? Its when you obtain some information from a local or a talking television saying that there is a Pokemon that suddenly occurs commonly, thus giving you an easier chance to catch it. And nobody cares whether you hack or not.

Anyways, could somebody that's performed the cloning glitch on Emerald look into the Rustboro Trainer's School to see if the tileset is corrupted? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, look on the previous page).

Ammako

In Emerald, in the intro, at the part where Rayquaza shoots his Hyper Beam, we hear a "shhhhhhh".

But the "shhhhhh" continued until I pressed A on the title screen. 0_o

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Do you know what a swarm Pokemon is? Its when you obtain some information from a local or a talking television saying that there is a Pokemon that suddenly occurs commonly, thus giving you an easier chance to catch it. And nobody cares whether you hack or not.

So? Everyone knows that! What's your point?

Black Doom: This is NOT a glitch! It is SUPPOSED to happens! That's the WHOLE point of record mixing! Stop saying "Ah blah blah this is a glitch or hack because there is special moves blah blah"

No, it's not! Wild pokemon of the same level in the same game don't have different movesets. It just doesn't work like that. Wild pokemon have the same movesets across the board, so if it has Egg and TM moves, it's either an event pokemon (which it's not), a glitch, or a hack. Secondly, Egg and TM moves can't be learned naturally unless they're learned by level-up. It makes no sense for a wild pokemon to have them.

Last edited:

Ammako

Our point is that it is PERFECTLY NORMAL that there is a swarm of Seedot in Sapphire after mixing records with Ruby and that they have Egg moves and TM moves! <( <@>_<@> )>

The game is made to PUT THAT SWARM WITH THOSE MOVES when mixed records with Ruby!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Our point is that it is PERFECTLY NORMAL that there is a swarm of Seedot in Sapphire after mixing records with Ruby and that they have Egg moves and TM moves! <( <@>_<@> )>

The game is made to PUT THAT SWARM WITH THOSE MOVES when mixed records with Ruby!

I can see that, I'm not an idiot. But what I'm saying is that I will not believe you unless you can give evidence it is normal. Otherwise, we should drop the argument now, because it's obviously not doing anything.

Ammako

Dude, we tell you that is not a glitch, then you say "Show proof". If you're there to make us mad at you, don't ask about if it's a glitch or not, you just asked if it is normal and we answered. Period.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Dude, we tell you that is not a glitch, then you say "Show proof". If you're there to make us mad at you, don't ask about if it's a glitch or not, you just asked if it is normal and we answered. Period.

Let's see... nope. Nowhere did I ask if it was normal. First I posted it, and you said it was a glitch. Then, I explained why it is a glitch, and you proceed to argue that it is a result of mixing records. That part is believable. But I don't believe that the moves could be normal, and you proceed to say the same thing: "It's normal to have those moves!". You have not given me any evidence to believe so, so I will not. And since we won't be getting anywhere by just straight arguing, if you cannot provide me with some evidence, we may as well end this argument now.

Ammako

Well don't believe us then! That's your right either to believe us that it is perfectly normal or not to believe us.

Chaos Rush

So? Everyone knows that! What's your point?
Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to put on the sarcasm tags. Let me rephrase that properly:
[sarcasm]Do you know what a swarm is? Its when a talking television tells you that there's a common occurence of a rare Pokemon; making it far easier to catch.[/sarcasm]

Anyways, if you want proof, why don't you look in a thread called, "Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Glitch Discussion". Sound familiar?

In Emerald, in the intro, at the part where Rayquaza shoots his Hyper Beam, we hear a "shhhhhhh".

But the "shhhhhh" continued until I pressed A on the title screen. 0_o
You know, I'm starting to think that Ruby/Sapphire are a lot more stable than Emerald...I've NEVER had any glitches other than the Berry glitch on my Ruby version.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
You want to know if this is really an old news?
Try to look back, someone on page 150 of this thread has asked about seedot swarm on Sapphire. And the date of that post states February 2007. There could be more posts about Swarms on older pages, but I don't feel like searching.

And Seedot with that set of moves IS programmed into the game. However, it can only be unlocked by mixing records first. That's all. I even caught one myself.

No, it's not! Wild pokemon of the same level in the same game don't have different movesets. It just doesn't work like that. Wild pokemon have the same movesets across the board, so if it has Egg and TM moves, it's either an event pokemon (which it's not), a glitch, or a hack. Secondly, Egg and TM moves can't be learned naturally unless they're learned by level-up. It makes no sense for a wild pokemon to have them.

Then according to you, either everyone's game is glitched, or Game Freak makes no sense for putting the Swarm Seedot in the game @.@

Skirtsftw

on diamond i somhow hav 95 explorer kits in my mail pouch? if u check them u go underground but i havnt allowed it yet because i dont what will happn....

dude theres is no glicthes in emerlad. the only thing that made your game do those weird noise is because you put in your game pack wrong and it just made that so that you can correctly put it in right.

Chaotic Furaigon

Bwwwaaaaaaaa!
This was quite odd. I got the Berry Glitch on my Emerald, but when it started happening, one of my eggs wouldn't hatch until I restarted the game. After that, the routes would start messing up (like when everything went black except for Trainer and Pokemon sprites). About two weeks later, the little message about the internal clock running dry disappeared and is currently fine.

I never tried to fix it since I had lost my link cable and I gave my Ruby to my friend. Any one else have this, or am I lucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.