• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Glitch Discussion

Do You Believe In The Celebi Glitch?

• Yes

Votes: 476 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 693 38.5%
  • I Don't Know...

Votes: 633 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~╬TöpÃ¥z RîzÃ¥rdon╬~

Missingno. Master said:
Actually, ? does have a number, but not until you get the national dex. It's #390.
#390!!!!!!!!!?????????? That would be the 4th generation grass starter's 3rd evolution!!! But....no.... o_O
Oh yes! Can you find shiny (?)'s and ??'s?

Black Widow

Oops, I forgot about this thread, when I made my other thread about the glitchy pokeblock. Sorry mods!
Yes, ?? can be shiny, but it won't look any different.

M

Master Spriter

Missingno. Master said:
Actually, ? does have a number, but not until you get the national dex. It's #390.
Oh, really? I didn't know that, I think... I think I may have heard it somewhere, I recognise that number. And yeah, you can get shiny ??'s, but they don't look any different. Just the flash. Oh, you may be able to get shiny ? in a circle, because I used a magic door cheat on my Fire red, and got into a battle before I got my starter. I sent out a Level.0 ? in a circle. I then looked at my pokemon. None showed up, but when I pressed 'A', the list came up, and I looked at the stats.There was an infinite amount of ?'s, All identical, with a little star showing that the're shiny. I found a couple with a bit ok a name, capital i's with these (') on the side (the others had no name),then I found some bad egg's inbetween as I scrolled down,scattered. They were mostly identical, apart from that some where proper egg's and other's ?'s. Then I went down further, until my game crashed.
...pant,puff...
And oh Yeah, are you saying the fouth generation grass starter evolves into a missingno.!? That is totally wacked out. Hey, that reminds me...Off topic: Why should the fourth generation starters be the same old types? We want something NEW here, nintendo, for ONCE!! Perhaps even completely new types?

Last edited by a moderator:

DreadSkaterxx

Orange Champion
ooooooh. ok i have one. go to the winstrate house door.(sapphire by the way) and go down and surf but only surf, dont move after you get into the water. now surf left until you get to this l_ then surf down onto the land. you should see your reflection on the wall. also, go to sootopolis and on the side with the pokemon center go to the top staircase.(or second to top) It should be next to a wall. go on the staircase one step and go left and you will be on the wall! Finally, go to a place where it rains(particularly left of fortree) and go to your menu. notice the box around the choice you make is bright red. click on pokemon and then, when in the menu press B and the box will be dark red. thos are all the ones i know. i have tested them and they work.

Black Widow

Actaually, Poke'freak, that glitch is well known. Sorry.
Mater spriter, yes, the unsafe missingno can be shiny. When I let my cousin borrow my lg he did all kinds of codes on it. In the box were all kinds of illegal ubers, a hacked shiny Mewtwo, and a shiny Nidorino. I took out the Nidorino, and sent it out, and it was a (?) that sparkled. I shut the game off quickly, and turned it back on. I left the Nidorino in the box this time, and ran outside into the grass, when up pops another missingno., so I decided to do a factory reset on it, and it was fine until I dropped it into a pot of hot water. Just ask Missingno. Master if you don't believe me.

~╬TöpÃ¥z RîzÃ¥rdon╬~

Black Widow said:
Actaually, Poke'freak, that glitch is well known. Sorry.
Mater spriter, yes, the unsafe missingno can be shiny. When I let my cousin borrow my lg he did all kinds of codes on it. In the box were all kinds of illegal ubers, a hacked shiny Mewtwo, and a shiny Nidorino. I took out the Nidorino, and sent it out, and it was a (?) that sparkled. I shut the game off quickly, and turned it back on. I left the Nidorino in the box this time, and ran outside into the grass, when up pops another missingno., so I decided to do a factory reset on it, and it was fine until I dropped it into a pot of hot water. Just ask Missingno. Master if you don't believe me.

So it wasn't an actual different colour?
And I mmeant by the 4th gen. 3rd evo. starter NOT evolving into Missingno.
Well it's hard to explain, I'm very tired now.

G'night. Lol!

Savage

P!nk
Catching MissingNo

Black Widow said:
Catching ? won't mess up your game. My friend Missingno. Master caught ? and he uses it all the time.
The "unsafe missingno." messes up your game because its not made for use, its made to fill the void created by a faulty code.

I just have to say there is only a chance that catching MissingNo will mess up your data. On red and Blue, it's like 90% it will, but I'm not sure for Ruby and Sapphire...

Thanks,
Cheezebob!

Master Alltro-N

The Deserts Spirit
My Blue had Lv 128 Alakazam that kiked a** and Mewtwo Lv 137 with no offecive attacks. Other than that, in my Sapphire the Aroma Lady to the right of Mauville saw me up on the ledge and walked through it to get to me. It was weired. Thats it.

Master AN Out

M

Master Spriter

Master Alltro-N said:
My Blue had Lv 128 Alakazam that kiked a** and Mewtwo Lv 137 with no offecive attacks. Other than that, in my Sapphire the Aroma Lady to the right of Mauville saw me up on the ledge and walked through it to get to me. It was weired. Thats it.

Master AN Out
Yeah, I know that one. Apparently, the 'above 100' pokemon you find in red and blue depend on what your name is. There was a site I put on favourites thaat's very good. When I get back, I'll put the URL on!
Oh, and the missingno. and Celebi on the daycare route might have something to do with the many possible types of pokemon hatching from the egg's which ORIGINATE their, rather than them being hatched, as you could take the egg's somewhere else to hatch.

P

-Psychic Chickens-

Contest Hall Graphics Glitch (Emerald):

I was playing the other day and had just won a Beauty contest.I walked down and talked to the reporter, then went to go blen more berries (the Berry master was there). You know that little girl that watches the Berry Master? In the bottom line of spectators? To the right? SHE VANISHED. Then she reappeared.I went to the left...and the reporter VANISHED. She reappeared. Everything was fine, but it freaked me out.

Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!

I'm gonna get you...
cheeze said:
#390!!!!!!!!!?????????? That would be the 4th generation grass starter's 3rd evolution!!! But....no.... o_O
Oh yes! Can you find shiny (?)'s and ??'s?
No, 389 would be that grass starter's 3rd Evo. 390 is the fire starter

M

Master Spriter

Oh yeah, I tried trading M' block amd Missingno. to silver from red the other day. M' was a Slowpoke nicknamed T M' then another capital letter, I can't remember what. An Missingno. was a Hitmontop, nicknamed MISSINGNO. and (ON RED!?) with much bloated special defence(299, I think it might be supposed to be like that). It, of course, was other lv.100 (128, to be exact) The Slowpoke was Lv.0, all stats 5, like it was on Red anyway( Aomst all of Hitmontop's stats were different). They both had two water gun's and sky attack. But the game wouldn't let me trade them (silver). It said 'your freinds pokemon appears to be abnormal. The trade was cancelled' Do you think it was because of the levels? Or just because the're buggared up anyway?I could try using rare candy's on M' block ( till Lv.5, and stop it evolving into Kangaskhan) and train MISSINGNO. till it goes back to Lv.100, rather than above.

Abwayax

a.k.a. Adrian Malacoda
rayjohn said:
On red and Blue, it's like 90% it will, but I'm not sure for Ruby and Sapphire...
Actually, 'M and MissingNO. always mess up the Hall of Fame, which counts as data. And I'm not sure if ?????????? or ? mess up data...

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
cheeze said:
So it wasn't an actual different colour?
And I mmeant by the 4th gen. 3rd evo. starter NOT evolving into Missingno.
Well it's hard to explain, I'm very tired now.

G'night. Lol!

actually if you look into the data (like I have) and/or look at a picture of a shiny and non-shiny ? RIGHT next to eachother, the shiny one is slightly DARKER

M

Master Spriter

You Are Not Sonic's Biggest Fan, Pika-king, I Am!!!! Because You Have A Name That Supports Pikachu And Not Sonic, While Mine Does Not Support Anything!!!
Oh, and here's that site...
http://pages.prodigy.net/maryjorhodes/codespok.htm
I reckon that this is where cheez got the walking pika. Oh, and here's what the double blocky ?? thing look's like. Check out the weirdo footprint. More proof that this is a proper 'test' pokemon that was created deriberately, not a complete muck up. Note that it (apparently) looks like the japenese 'unkown' pokemon in the pokedex, like our ? in a circle, but replaced with something else.
untitled8pm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sgt. Pepper

Hi everybody! I like reading about glitches and stuff like that. I was hoping somebody could fill me in on what liquid glitches were, and give me a few examples of them. I'd also like to hear about the missing no. glitch (I just found out that there was one in Ruby). Oh, I'm sorry about not posting this in the glitches sticky topic, but the last page is taking forever to load (somebody posted tons of little pictures) and it my computer messes up. Thanks!

wassup with my sapphire? Every time I beat the elite 4 at the pokemon league, I can catch Latias over and over again.

-Never used cheats aka AR, GC, etc..
- Never damaged the game.

so does anything know what's wrong?

Misdreavus

used Perish Song!
Marine1988 said:
I'd also like to hear about the missing no. glitch (I just found out that there was one in Ruby).
There are two forms of Missingno. in R/S. One is considered to be safe and looks like two question marks. This can appear randomly on any route like Lati@s can (not sure of the exact odds, but it is extremely rare), but the most common place where it has been reported seen is on the daycare route (Route 117). It is supposedly quite difficult to catch (a Master Ball is recommended), has no special ability, and can only learn Tackle. The other Missingno. is unsafe and looks like the single question mark in a circle that appears when you go to a number in your Pokédex of a Pokémon that you have not yet seen. It can cause Bad EGGs to appear (some say they never hatch, some say that they take an incredibly long time to hatch and then crash the game when they do). You will never see the unsafe one if you play without "doing something that you shouldn't to the game" or possibly if you trade with someone who has done so.

Also, the Thunderbolt glitch is completely harmless, right? Thanks.

Last edited:
T

Tsukai

~ŘïċĦìę~ said:
wassup with my sapphire? Every time I beat the elite 4 at the pokemon league, I can catch Latias over and over again.

-Never used cheats aka AR, GC, etc..
- Never damaged the game.

so does anything know what's wrong?

Haha, you are lucky. ;D
Misdreavus, yes, it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.