• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Glitch Discussion

Do You Believe In The Celebi Glitch?

• Yes

Votes: 476 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 693 38.5%
  • I Don't Know...

Votes: 633 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savage

P!nk
Listen To Me

These the things that are really bugging me:

The Selebi glitch:
How could there be a Selebi glitch on ruby and sapphire? It is not programed for data abilitised on ruby and sapphire...

MissingNo:
It can come in many different forms, some are good, some are bad. It is not a glitch, it is an error from a mixup of data which is not a bad thing.

These things are not worth arguing about. In my opinion, no-one's right, not even me, not even the people at Nintendo know what in the world is going on.

Thank you,
cheezebob

S

Sgt. Pepper

Hey thanks for filling me in guys. All that stuff is so cool!

M

Master Spriter

rayjohn said:
These the things that are really bugging me:

The Selebi glitch:
How could there be a Selebi glitch on ruby and sapphire? It is not programed for data abilitised on ruby and sapphire...

MissingNo:
It can come in many different forms, some are good, some are bad. It is not a glitch, it is an error from a mixup of data which is not a bad thing.

These things are not worth arguing about. In my opinion, no-one's right, not even me, not even the people at Nintendo know what in the world is going on.

Thank you,
cheezebob
I beleive the that the Celebi glitch could easily exist, because the programmers were originally going to put Celebi into the game, but decided not to. You find Celebi probably because they forgot to take all the data out. As for finding Celebi on daycare route(or wherever you find it, if any particular place), that may have been what was going to be the original location, and still affects where Celebi is found.
~ŘïċĦìę~:probably a programming error, I'd guess, or a bit of water some how got trapped in there. And that's a goodb thing to happen, not 'it's gone wrong' it should be 'woohoo, look at this great glitch that is to my advantage!'
Locke Yggdrasill:The liquid doesn't have to be water, it could be any liquid (apart from the obvious, like lava/magma/whatever), otherwise it would probably be called 'a water glitch'.
Misdreavus:Apparently, the bad egg won't hatch, uless you use a cheat, and if it does hatch, it will permanantly buggar-up your game, even if you start a new one. But they permanently have pokerus, so you can get your pkmn infected(cruelty to pkmn/animals/whatever!).

Last edited by a moderator:
A

absol_16

One time in sapphire, my Kyogre's ice beam had 12 total pp. A few months ago i restarted. I caught Kyogre again. This time ice beam had only 10 total pp.

S

Sgt. Pepper

Hmm... I've never heard of an attack having 12 pp, it looks like you found a pretty weird glitch indeed.

Black Widow

absol_16 said:
One time in sapphire, my Kyogre's ice beam had 12 total pp. A few months ago i restarted. I caught Kyogre again. This time ice beam had only 10 total pp.

You gave it a PP up in your previous file. >_>

Master Spriter said:
~ŘïċĦìę~:probably a programming error, I'd guess, or a bit of water some how got trapped in there. And that's a goodb thing to happen, not 'it's gone wrong' it should be 'woohoo, look at this great glitch that is to my advantage!'

I'm usin this glitch to find a shiny one

Fizz

There's the Ocean Current Glitch, which is a rushing water tile on an island on Route 133 that you can walk on but still pushes you back. It's helpful for hatching eggs!

Yay! Soul Trainer!

~╬TöpÃ¥z RîzÃ¥rdon╬~

Someone said that you could get Deoxys inside the daycare behind the fence in the grass. They used a cheating device.

kapslock

heh my saphire got the "washer treament" one time and surprisingly i could
actuly hear the sand crunching on Dewford island.

~╬TöpÃ¥z RîzÃ¥rdon╬~

rayjohn said:
not even the people at Nintendo know what in the world is going on.

THEY do so!!
THEEEY accidently made the bluudy ( annoying ) glitches!!
THEEEEY DID program Celebi into the games!!!!

(Caught me in a bad mood)

P

purest divinity: kikyo

Well, in Ruby, when I go to the desert and save, the sand that swirls around freezes up. First time it happened, I had spent five hours leveling up Grovyle/Combusken/Skarmory and thought my game froze. I was all.. OH NOES! o-o;; Then it said I saved and was all.. dear jeebus this game wants to give me a heart attack.

M

Master Spriter

cheeze said:
Someone said that you could get Deoxys inside the daycare behind the fence in the grass. They used a cheating device.
If true, that may be because of previous game ideas, like the Celebi if he found it standing. If in the grass, it would be because no particular pokemon are programmed to appear there, so random pokemon come up.I read this about Cinnabar island on red/blue, except that it the game picks the pokemon you find in the previous area you were in, explaining safari pokemon or others. Or it may be this in ruby, and he/she was in an area that originally going to house Deoxys, but data had not been removed.
~ŘïċĦìę~ said:
I'm usin this glitch to find a shiny one
Good on ya. Try to find loads and sell them!(I also have these idea's about mew on the gameboy colour game's, or other rare pokemon(duplicating) and using cheat cartridges for item's/pokemon whatever.Bwahahahaaa!!!

P

-Psychic Chickens-

^Uh...no.The Cinnabar Glitch has to do with your name, I believe.

P

That and your starter. o_O get charmander/Ash then you can get Lv:150 mewtwo! X)

~╬TöpÃ¥z RîzÃ¥rdon╬~

OMG Please listen!!!
I came home from school, I walked in the door, my gameboy was on, and, I DROPPED IT. The batteries fell out. I screamed and I fell to the floor crying, and all these words I kept saying, "Never Never Never Never Never!!!!!!" My whole Ruby game was flashing before my eyes.. I've played it for 375 hours...I had just died...It saved, but..GLITCHES.

Fizz

The Cinnibar Glitch doesn't have anything to do with the starter you pick. It's the letters in your name that determine what Pokémon appear and at what levels.

~╬TöpÃ¥z RîzÃ¥rdon╬~

I'm not game enough to go in the grass...

M

Master Spriter

cheeze said:
OMG Please listen!!!
I came home from school, I walked in the door, my gameboy was on, and, I DROPPED IT. The batteries fell out. I screamed and I fell to the floor crying, and all these words I kept saying, "Never Never Never Never Never!!!!!!" My whole Ruby game was flashing before my eyes.. I've played it for 375 hours...I had just died...It saved, but..GLITCHES.
What kind of glitches? And have you tried looking in the grass to see what appears?

P

o.o;; my friend dropped his game and he found a level 114 pink Pichu in the ruins on Crystal..!! OH MI GAWD! o.o;;

Oh yush..and to other Ruby owners..Go to the Mt. Ember spa and wal around just outside the door. Listen carefully though, as you'll hear the sound it makes when you're walking on the edge of the shore. X3

Oh..ty Fizz..o.o;; I thought it did. XD

NEVER start with squirtle...all you get is pidgeys Lv:4. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.