• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rugged mountain- new DW abilities released!

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Just saying, DW Salamence creates massive mindgames.

Foe can't tell if it's a Zoroak or not until it's too late.
What?! No, that won't happen.

As someone who dislikes using moves like Outrage bar those with Choice sets, I'll just stick to Dragon Claw and Dragon Dance.

As for the Salamence I have, anyone want a bulky Dragon Dance Salamence with max HP?

AzureCharizard

Really? Come on now.
This should basically be the DW Salamence thread. No one really cares about anybody else.
Moxiemence is sort of over-hyped. Bulky Salamence with DD can kill anything. Moxie is if you're too lazy and just feeling like scarfing it.

actually i like dw torkoal give it a white herb shell smash, amnesia and he will be faster and bulkier while being protected from critical so it will be harder to knock out, and has potential to be a mix attacker

Tabares

Banned
imo, i still think intimidate is better, he can use it's added bulk to set up and sweep, moxie just gets +1 attack, not really needed after 1 or 2 dragon dances

makes a good Choice user though, as without the set up, it can just attack, and pile up attack boost along the way, but as for DD, intimidate is better

Vandslaux

CBMence with Moxie boosts.. :eek:

Zachmac

lol scarf terakion outspeeds +1 salamence, which is al lthey have because any good player will switch in on that one dd, and then KO.
You just said Terrakion, not scarf Terrakion.

Not all Terrakion are scarfed you know.
actually i like dw torkoal give it a white herb shell smash, amnesia and he will be faster and bulkier while being protected from critical so it will be harder to knock out, and has potential to be a mix attacker
Though it's just barely too slow.

I'll probably only use Moxie on Scarf Mence though.

Ilan

For everybody who ask those are not event DW pokemons, so they have both genders (as long as they have genders)

Just wanted to list some potential pokemons that can benefit somehow from their ability and aren't useless, what abut donphan? sure he lose sturdy but he gets a hax ability :D same for phanpy in LC with hipototas (well this ability should be his default there).

Hitmonlee have good potential unburden + normal gem + fake out= *2 speed hitmonlee and then he can switch moves :p (but he loses all other priority moves he have ).
I can think of the following set:

@normal gem
ability: Unburden
nature:adamant
EV: 252 atack, 252 speed, 4 HP
Fake out
Close combat
Stone edge
bulk up/subtitute/Blaze kick

in this set fake out= agillity

fake out to activate unburden and get to 481-543 speed (depending on IVs) outspeeding most of the tier
close combat is realible STAB, Stone edge provides exelent coverage
and the last slot is for choice: bulk up for the attack boost (for lack of swords dance) subtitute for prediction and blaze kick beats some stuff.. like excaliber and can hurt skarmory a bit in OU

the main counter to this set is gengar and piriority users like conkeldurr and physical walls can wall it (in OU) in UU it's a beast 341-372 attack with 481-543 speed (min IV-max IV) and almost perfect coverage moves with close combat and stone edge (only nidoking,toxicroak and claydol resist both moves) with kick blaze it can hit those listed pokemons.

other options:
earthquake- completes the stonequake combo
return-can hit lots of pokemons for neutral coverage

Ilan

As stated before, DD is probably best with intimidate.

Moxie is better off on it's Band/Scarf sets.

or mixmence with draco meteor/fire blast/outrage/earth quake
revenge kill something slow then sweep with outrage/earthquake and fire blast is for skarmory and ferrothorn.

Vandslaux

I think UU Sand just got a new toy, CB Donphan.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Sand Force on Hippowdown makes him a decent wall on non-sand teams now. He's in UU so he might get some usage of Sand Force.

Moxie is in a weird situation. You'd think it would be perfect on Salamance but then he loses either Outrage or DD. It's okay on a choice set but otherwise Intimidate is better. I find it odd that Moxie is the better of the two on DDGyarados but not on DDSalamance.

Psypert

I think the only significant DW abilites are Salamence´s, Hitmonlee´s and Flygon´s (Kidding here) it´s a shame Flygon didn´t got anything new but oh well