• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rugged mountain- new DW abilities released!

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
You didn't bred it to perfection?

I didn't have a male pokemon with Dragon Dance to breed with her yet. Besides, she already has really good IV's and a Great Ball throws people off a lot more than a regular Poke Ball.

Eranu™

I know you all say choice variant of salamence is the best for moxie but this set has swept some good times:

Adamant -Leftovers
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake

Choice Scarf Haxorus is essentially obsolete now. Scarfmence with Moxie is better in every possible way. Higher Speed, Moxie, and Fire Blast running off of a base 110 special Attack kills Skarmory and Ferrothorn, something Haxorus only wishes it could do. I run

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Moxie
252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe
Naive/Hasty
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
i think the best set for a salamance with moxie would be a choise band set

Netz

Moxiee!
Either choice band or choice scarf Moxie Salamence would work best I think.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Or with Tailwind/paralysis support, as part of Salamence's strength is it's wide movepool. Choice items limit that, and switching erases the Moxie boosts.

Zachmac

Or with Tailwind/paralysis support, as part of Salamence's strength is it's wide movepool. Choice items limit that, and switching erases the Moxie boosts.
Tailwind only last 3 rounds. After swapping into mence, there is only two rounds left.

The only pokemon that resist dragon is steel, and if you can take out your enemy's steel type, it's pretty hard to stop an outraging dragon.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Tailwind only last 3 rounds. After swapping into mence, there is only two rounds left.

The only pokemon that resist dragon is steel, and if you can take out your enemy's steel type, it's pretty hard to stop an outraging dragon.

Actually it's four rounds, giving Salamence three rounds after a switch, or a full four if the Tailwind user dies that turn. Either way, more than enough for a Salamence to rip through half a team or more.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
I don't think CB would work. He's too slow. I thinks a mixed choice scarf set would work. Mabye Outrage, EQ, Fire Blast, Filler would work. With outrage, he would come in after the steels are removed, kill something weakened, then sweep with boosted outrage.

xXShinyUmbreonXx

Wait a second! So moxiemence is finally available. And after all of this time of me breeding and breeding for a regular one. I need to get on this site more often. Oh well, I wonder if anyone will trade me one. And if you can have DD and outrage on the same set by breeding a male salamence that knows both. Will that work?. I can only hope.
Anyways, the set I run with moxie on PO is pretty wonderful, so I look forward to using this on random matchup.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
I can trade you one with Dragon Dance, I have quite a few extra now. You'll have to go to the Dream World for one with Outrage though. That's the only way it's currently available.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
If you don't want to use Magnezone as a Steel Killer, why not use Sturdy?

I don't know what you're thinking. Magnet Pull is the only reason to use Magnezone. Hippowdon is decent outside of sandstorm, but it's too slow to sweep. However, it is pretty bulky so I guess a Choice Band set might work.
Air Balloon Magnezone with HP Ice can be decent to counter grounds, but that's just about it.

I think Sand Force Hippowdon'd be good. It has good attack, and is bulky enough, on the physical side at least, so that it can survive hits, which makes up for its speed
UU it's the only decent Sandstreamer so that fails.

OU I guess it could be used to play mind games with the opponent, but overall SS is superior due to the backup.

^Salamence's attack rose! Terakion was sent out! Salamence has to switch or die!
DD much? Even if it is a scarf people who see terrakion on preview will get rid of Terrakion first or use two DDs.

Although if it was a scarf using outrage I see your point.
Moxiemence isn't all that good, to be honest. Intimidate provides it with significantly more bulk, and losing Outrage sucks. Analytic Magnezone is outright terrible and will never and should never be used.
I agree with epic eevee, intimidate makes it easier to set up in the first place and often you don't need the moxe boost, a DD or two is suficcient.
Dual Screens what with the abundance of HO makes up for the lack of intimidate imo.

CBMence with Moxie boosts.. :eek:
CB's too slow to sweep. Outrage just makes it outright easy to revenge.
Sand Force on Hippowdown makes him a decent wall on non-sand teams now. He's in UU so he might get some usage of Sand Force.

Moxie is in a weird situation. You'd think it would be perfect on Salamance but then he loses either Outrage or DD. It's okay on a choice set but otherwise Intimidate is better. I find it odd that Moxie is the better of the two on DDGyarados but not on DDSalamance.
Using Sand Force in UU when there's no-one to set it up for him... lol...

Unless you're counting on the opponent having Hippowdon. But that's as good as Kingdra in OU.
Even with those, a choice scarf terakion outspeeds. Tha'ts what I was trying to say. Even a +1 jolly salamence)or naive, whatever its nature) does not outpseed jolly scarfed terakion.

See my other comment for you. And not all are scarfed, or jolly for that matter.
i think the best set for a salamance with moxie would be a choise band set
Too slow.
I know you all say choice variant of salamence is the best for moxie but this set has swept some good times:

Adamant -Leftovers
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
What's the sub for? Waste of a move imo.

I've been using Moxiemence on a OU HO, and it's OK. If your using it on HO, use Moxie (if it's your main sweeper), if not use intimidate. Also give it brick break > Fire Blast and you've got a HO counter.

Zachmac

Substitute is a useful move on lots of sweepers, get one up and you have a chance to take another attack.

Fire Blast is probably better, though.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Substitute is a useful move on lots of sweepers, get one up and you have a chance to take another attack.

Fire Blast is probably better, though.

I guess the usefulness is to take Ice Shards, but you should be able to play around that. On a DD set it would be better off to just boost your speed, given the amount of ISers in OU.

Ilan

Air Balloon Magnezone with HP Ice can be decent to counter grounds, but that's just about it.

UU it's the only decent Sandstreamer so that fails.

OU I guess it could be used to play mind games with the opponent, but overall SS is superior due to the backup.

DD much? Even if it is a scarf people who see terrakion on preview will get rid of Terrakion first or use two DDs.

Although if it was a scarf using outrage I see your point.

Dual Screens what with the abundance of HO makes up for the lack of intimidate imo.

CB's too slow to sweep. Outrage just makes it outright easy to revenge.

Using Sand Force in UU when there's no-one to set it up for him... lol...

Unless you're counting on the opponent having Hippowdon. But that's as good as Kingdra in OU.

See my other comment for you. And not all are scarfed, or jolly for that matter.

Too slow.

I've been using Moxiemence on a OU HO, and it's OK. If your using it on HO, use Moxie (if it's your main sweeper), if not use intimidate. Also give it brick break > Fire Blast and you've got a HO counter.

on salmance sub isn't a waste of a move.. not at all.. salamance causes lots of switches so he can abuse that and put the sub up and then take a hit and get a DD though fire blast is a better option as mentioned as it hitt skarmory harder

fire blast>>>>>>>>>>fire fang>>>>>>>>>>>>brick break

earthquake + outrage hit most pokemons anyway fireblast is for skarmory and bronzong balloon heatran it the problem but.. if he switch into an outrage he can get a EQ after that.

moxiemence in HO might work as screens are up one dragon dance is almost assured (as long it isn't a STAB ice attack).

with brick break you get walled by skarmory which for some drop down in one defense (naive or hasty nature) you get a mixmance- the best salamnce set in my opinion.

xXShinyUmbreonXx

earthquake + outrage hit most pokemons anyway fireblast is for skarmory and bronzong balloon heatran it the problem but.. if he switch into an outrage he can get a EQ after that.

moxiemence in HO might work as screens are up one dragon dance is almost assured (as long it isn't a STAB ice attack).

with brick break you get walled by skarmory which for some drop down in one defense (naive or hasty nature) you get a mixmance- the best salamnce set in my opinion.

Moxiemence in HO works wonders. It will almost always get at least one DD off, and if dual screens are still up, it will be difficult to kill without losing something to say the least. In fact, I've had mine die much more from life orb recoil than something killing it.

And fire blast/flamethrower is much better for salamence than brick break. Like others have said, it hits skarmory for a definite ohko with LO and no EVs in spatk, and will kill ferrothorn and scizor in one hit as well. And the only reason to run brick break would be heatran balooned, which is ruined by SR or a move on the switch. Then you eq for a free moxie boost.

Can someone do the calculations of a naive mence with 252 ev's in spe before and after a dd?

EDIT: Oh, and I guess I'll post the moxie set I use on PO.
Naive-Life orb
252atk/252spe/4sp.atk
Dragon Claw (like it better than outrage on him anyways)
Dragon Dance
Flamethrower (keep getting screwed with accuracy on fire blast, plus for what it's used for, the extra power doesn't matter)
Earthquake

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
on salmance sub isn't a waste of a move.. not at all.. salamance causes lots of switches so he can abuse that and put the sub up and then take a hit and get a DD though fire blast is a better option as mentioned as it hitt skarmory harder

When you've got DD though... You may as well just DD to boost your speed and attack.

Also, Fire Blast>Brick Break>Fire Fang.
The coverage of Fire Fang doesn't make up for the fact that BB can shatter screens. Skarmory would wall you even if you had FF because it's physical. You shouldn't always use BB, but if you already have Magnezone on your team, you should.

Who would put Salamence in on a poke that had a STAB Ice Attack?

Moxiemence in HO works wonders. It will almost always get at least one DD off, and if dual screens are still up, it will be difficult to kill without losing something to say the least. In fact, I've had mine die much more from life orb recoil than something killing it.

And fire blast/flamethrower is much better for salamence than brick break. Like others have said, it hits skarmory for a definite ohko with LO and no EVs in spatk, and will kill ferrothorn and scizor in one hit as well. And the only reason to run brick break would be heatran balooned, which is ruined by SR or a move on the switch. Then you eq for a free moxie boost.

Can someone do the calculations of a naive mence with 252 ev's in spe before and after a dd?

EDIT: Oh, and I guess I'll post the moxie set I use on PO.
Naive-Life orb
252atk/252spe/4sp.atk
Dragon Claw (like it better than outrage on him anyways)
Dragon Dance
Flamethrower (keep getting screwed with accuracy on fire blast, plus for what it's used for, the extra power doesn't matter)
Earthquake
If LO is killing you, use lefties or Roost.

Balloon doesn't break through SR, but I see your point with coverage, just as I said Magnezone will perfect the sweep.

That's the best HO Moxie one, what I use, I was just saying if you can aford BB, you should because it gives you fine coverage apart from Bronzong and Skarmory. You need to be wary of bulky waters carrying Ice Beam, but Magnezone helps with those as well (excluding Quagsire and Gastrodon).