• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rukario in an english episode

Umm, they have released 2 4th gen names so far, Munchlax and Bonsly. Oh yeah, the Japanese intro last week corrected itself, replaced the Mew/Lucario scene with a animated scene based off the new Mysterious Dungeon game, and the Team Rocket scene had Dustox added and the Manyula removed, and they do not scared.

The 4Kids edits replace Mew/Lucario with an Iron Tail scene from PSM, and the Team Rocket scene removes Manene and Manyula, but they still get scared.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

general_pokemon said:
Very true, but I felt it was special because we, in North America, shouldn't already know about Rukario. If it weren't for Serebii.net and the other actually good Pokemon sites, everyone would say " What the crap is that Blue dog thing?"

PS: If I checked every post in the forum, I'd be dead already.
4kids removed all 4th generation pokemon except for Munchlax from the intro (i am not sure about Bonsly) they even got rid of Manyula and Manene

and even in japan when they use Rukario's name in english text it says 'Lucario' because it is the same with Lugia, Lugia's jap name was Ruugia, but when it was written in english text the R was replaced with an L

MaskedManAbsolkid

Sherlock Shuckle said:
4kids removed all 4th generation pokemon except for Munchlax from the intro (i am not sure about Bonsly) they even got rid of Manyula and Manene

and even in japan when they use Rukario's name in english text it says 'Lucario' because it is the same with Lugia, Lugia's jap name was Ruugia, but when it was written in english text the R was replaced with an L

Bonsly wasn't in the PAB intro, only in the Battle frontier one.

4Kids can't out soething going past, like a pokemon, because t'd probably be too hard for them.

But 4Kids had the chance to remove the frontier brains and Squirtle, but didn't. Would have been good.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

-Absol- said:
Bonsly wasn't in the PAB intro, only in the Battle frontier one.

4Kids can't out soething going past, like a pokemon, because t'd probably be too hard for them.

But 4Kids had the chance to remove the frontier brains and Squirtle, but didn't. Would have been good.
I haven't watched AB in ages so that was an easy mistake..

4kids should have got rid of the frontier brains, they should have used Glory Days instead of Battle Fronteir

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Sherlock Shuckle said:
No, I'm quite sure those two are still there

MaskedManAbsolkid

Gaiash, you're in America, so you haven't seen the eps with the three cut out.

It's easy to mistake Bonsly being there, he's tiny in the BF opening.

4Kids didn't cut out the Brains because Emerald was out.

With 4Kids TV coming (I'm positive it's for the UK, I mentioned it in my topic about it), there'll probably be an Emerald advert to show why they kept the Brains in.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
-Absol- said:
Gaiash, you're in America, so you haven't seen the eps with the three cut out.

It's easy to mistake Bonsly being there, he's tiny in the BF opening.

4Kids didn't cut out the Brains because Emerald was out.

With 4Kids TV coming (I'm positive it's for the UK, I mentioned it in my topic about it), there'll probably be an Emerald advert to show why they kept the Brains in.
I'M FREAKING ENGLISH!!! I live in Devon, I go to Exeter College. Just because I spell color without the u doesn't make me American!! Arg! You Pancake!

MaskedManAbsolkid

Gaiash said:
I'M FREAKING ENGLISH!!! I live in Devon, I go to Exeter College. Just because I spell color without the u doesn't make me American!! Arg! You Pancake!

Don't moan at me because I got something wrong! For f***s sake, how the hell was I meant to know? -__- I thought you were american. Keep your f***ing big mouth to yourself in future. Maybe if you watched the episodes, you'd see it.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
-Absol- said:
Don't moan at me because I got something wrong! For f***s sake, how the hell was I meant to know? -__- I thought you were american. Keep your f***ing big mouth to yourself in future. Maybe if you watched the episodes, you'd see it.
I DO watch the episodes, I KNOW Rukario is gone but Manene and Manyula seem to still be there

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
Well, maybe they would've replaced Mew and Rukario with the shot of Mew & Mewtwo from Pokemon: The Johto Journeys. Remember THAT? Remember THAT?

Chris

Old Coot
Corvair said:
Oh yeah, the Japanese intro last week corrected itself, replaced the Mew/Lucario scene with a animated scene based off the new Mysterious Dungeon game, and the Team Rocket scene had Dustox added and the Manyula removed, and they do not scared.
1) Japan didn't "correct" itself. They simply changed the opening to do a small little focus on the Mystrerious Dungeon games that are making their way into Japan. Call it a self-promotion if you have to. The movie premiered earlier in the year. It was time to stop focusing on that and on something new.

2) Removing Manyula was not an error they were fixing. It seemed that people were worried that Dokucale would be the first to go since it was missing from the opening. They reanimated the scene so they could fit the Rocket Gang and all of their Pokémon into the opening.

Well, they fixed the problems that America has faced, actually making the PAB intro be 4th generation free (almost) if 4Kids used the new scenes from BF to replace the scenes they edited already (they'd just have to edit Manene out).

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Gaiash said:
I DO watch the episodes, I KNOW Rukario is gone but Manene and Manyula seem to still be there
...Um...no, they aren't. As its probably been noted earlier in this thread, both sequences were withdrawn from the opening and replaced around the time the Mawile episode aired.

Why on earth do you think people were criticising 4Kids for having Team Rocket jump in shock over absolutely nothing?
...apart from feeding their undying lust of hurling insults towards the company, of course.

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
Maybe it would make more sense if they were to jump in shock because of Giovanni being mad at them for not catching Pikachu, or sticking to their task. Cipher and Team Snagem could snag Ash's Pikachu with no problem!

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Gravy said:
...Um...no, they aren't. As its probably been noted earlier in this thread, both sequences were withdrawn from the opening and replaced around the time the Mawile episode aired.

Why on earth do you think people were criticising 4Kids for having Team Rocket jump in shock over absolutely nothing?
...apart from feeding their undying lust of hurling insults towards the company, of course.
I don't recall ANYONE saying that. Plus I'm quite sure they still are there

Rex Kamex

Edward Elric said:
The fact that Nintendo has absolutely showed no info regarding Diamond and Pearl in Japan aside from a few Pokémon and what their types are, no official English names were made by Nintendo of America and have not even been unveiled by them mean NOTHING to you?

4Kids is NOT responsible for what goes on in Pokémon. They are to simply hold the license of the anime and everything regarding it. They aren't allowed to unveil anything big without Nintendo's consent. Hence why Lucario was removed in the opening of the English dub a few episodes after.

Okay, maybe that was a bad example. Still, they might put the Rukario scenes back in when the eighth movie comes out (since by that time, we'd still be hearing the PAB theme song).

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
That sucks... But if they had Houoh in the, what, 2nd episode, why can't my favourite lil' Boxing... thing... come out?

Chris

Old Coot
Because Houou was necessary to add onto the idea that there's far more than 150 Pokémon. Ones that have yet to be discovered. Not to mention, it was shrouded in a golden aura, so we couldn't see it completely. Unlike Lucario.