• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumor: Team Rocket Animated Series, CGI/Live-Action Series in The Works

colomb

A rumor from That Hastag Show about new projects at Netflix;

"One of these projects is set to follow the (mis)adventures of the Team Rocket trio. This includes Jessie, James, and Meowth. The trio were the antagonists in the original anime; but they’ll be the protagonists in this new animated series. They are undoubtedly showing a different side to them.

The final project is a CGI-Live Action hybrid that will “see a young boy become a Pokémon.” As bizarre as it sounds, it was the plot point for one of the spin-off series, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. So most likely, the project would be adapting those spin-off titles."

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I grew out of the Pokemon anime a while ago, but I occasionally check back in when something big happens, like when Ash won the Alola league or when Mewtwo reappeared, but I would totally watch a show about Team Rocket. They've always been more interesting than Ash and co and because they're kinda the underdogs in Team Rocket's organization, you sort of root for them. I would love to see them wake up and become legitimate trainers instead of always trying to catch Pikachu. I hope that rumor is true.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm not hyped for either of them because I believe that both will be infested with identity politics and SJW pandering.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ew no thanks, burn it to the ground, especially the Team Rocket trio idea. worst anime characters to ever exist imo

A rumor from That Hastag Show about new projects at Netflix;

"One of these projects is set to follow the (mis)adventures of the Team Rocket trio. This includes Jessie, James, and Meowth. The trio were the antagonists in the original anime; but they’ll be the protagonists in this new animated series. They are undoubtedly showing a different side to them.

The final project is a CGI-Live Action hybrid that will “see a young boy become a Pokémon.” As bizarre as it sounds, it was the plot point for one of the spin-off series, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. So most likely, the project would be adapting those spin-off titles."

I Like the idea of Team Rocket Trio having their own animated spin-off but CGI-Live Action where a young boy become a Pokémon? Ehh... It's a bad idea to mix CGI with Live-Action for Pokémon, SJW Pandering and identity Politics? No thanks.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm not hyped for either of them because I believe that both will be infested with identity politics and SJW pandering.
Wow, what does that even mean in the context of Pokémon? Seriously, Pokémon has had characters of colour like Brock and Kiawe since the beginning but when Netflix touches it it suddenly becomes SJW pandering before you have even seen them use a black character.

Last edited:
As I already said in The Future of Pokémon Anime, they could focus on Team Rocket Organization themselves and scrap the Pokémon Anime content and focus on the Video game version of Team Rocket Organization only before Red save the day from Team Rocket.

If anything, the idea of Villainous Organization getting their own animated series could work before their respective heroes could save the day in the final season or something like that.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I mean....there's no human characters in PMD so...no

Either way I don't believe these rumors anyways lmao

colomb

The game story starts with the character already being turned into a Pokemon. An adaptation could go back a little further.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

... The main character is a former human transformed into a Pokemon in every game, which is all we've been given as a description for the show. It wasn't suggested that other human characters appear. So... maybe.

It's a bad idea to mix CGI with Live-Action for Pokémon, SJW Pandering and identity Politics? No thanks.

Literally what? Where the hell does this even come from, is it just because it's on Netflix?

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
... The main character is a former human transformed into a Pokemon in every game, which is all we've been given as a description for the show. It wasn't suggested that other human characters appear. So... maybe.
I mean it says "live action", which implies the "other human characters" part (unless it's like, the characters are CGI but all the scenery is real in which case....idk if they could make it work)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I mean it says "live action", which implies the "other human characters" part (unless it's like, the characters are CGI but all the scenery is real in which case....idk if they could make it work)
That's almost exactly what the Lion King remake did.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Yeah, like RileyXY1 said Disney's been doing this a lot recently with some of their classics like The Lion King and The Jungle Book, so that was my immediate thought. Live Action-CGI hybrid could also mean using live actors in motion capture suits to animate CGI characters, but given that most Pokemon aren't anthropomorphic that would probably end up looking strange.

This is such a baffling thing to say. "I was being sarcastic (even though nothing in my post suggests that), but let me double down and give you an example of the thing I was supposedly being sarcastic about". Well, are you being sarcastic, or do you think it'll end up like Cowboy Bebop for some inscrutable reason?

Nothing in that article or any other article I could find mentions anything beyond the shows focusing on Team Rocket and a boy who transforms into a Pokemon. I have no clue how you get identity politics or anything of the like from that, unless it's just an assumption that because it's on Netflix it will invariably include those things.
Ah, I Apologize to say this but my wording is so bad.

I know this is just a rumor besides It's a unconfirmed thing.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That's almost exactly what the Lion King remake did.
Haven't watched it so I'm not entirely sure, but from what I heard it was pretty much entirely CG aside from one landscape shot? Or am I mistaken

ShadowForce720

In regards to the whole series that’s based around a young boy becoming a Pokémon and It does wind up being based off of Mystery Dungeon I wounded mind that.

As it would be kind of neat to have a whole series based off of mystery dungeon.

Red and Blue

The rumored TR trio spin off sounds interesting. I always thought them deciding to try and become good and quit the organization was the proper endgame for them.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
In regards to the whole series that’s based around a young boy becoming a Pokémon and It does wind up being based off of Mystery Dungeon I wounded mind that.

As it would be kind of neat to have a whole series based off of mystery dungeon.
But I think that it will be bad and heavily pander to Twitter SJWs like other Netflix reboots.