• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

I hope that if the following mechanic returns that it will be an optional thing. I dislike the problems with relative size that caused in HGSS, as well as the silliness of a lot of the fish shaped water pokemon flopping after the PC, and the silliness of having a, let's say, Onix crawl around somebody's livingroom.
Don't force my poor Primarina to painfully drag itself across jagged rock, hot pavement and cold (and probably dusty/dirty) hallway tiles. Give me the option to let it travel in stile in its Pokeball.

In addition to that the posibility to designate which party Pokemon is following you, as opposed to defaulting it to the one at the top, would also be welcome.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Following Pokemon is definitely back in some form. Since we only see Rockruff shown doing it, my guess is maybe it's something 'special' with the event Rockruff? I'm not getting my hopes up too high but it definitely seems to be back in some form.

I think it'll be a feature you can turn on or off, or you have to play with them or something. Or maybe special areas?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't think we can really say that following Pokémon is confirmed. I really want it to happen, but there's just so many things that that Rockruff could be, and a following Pokémon is only one of those things. It's at least a possible hint.

Creyk

That one little scene with rockruff could easily be just a special scene you guys. The feature is not coming back IMO. They are not that cool

Baggie_Saiyan

Following Pokemon is definitely back in some form. Since we only see Rockruff shown doing it, my guess is maybe it's something 'special' with the event Rockruff? I'm not getting my hopes up too high but it definitely seems to be back in some form.

I can't see Pokémon following us coming back proper, but more interactions with static Pokémon other than press a and hear their cry would be a good addition.

Aetius

That one little scene with rockruff could easily be just a special scene you guys. The feature is not coming back IMO. They are not that cool

Yeah, that's true, but there's still a chance that it might be in USUM.
IMHO the trailer hasn't either proved or debunked it.
We'll just have to wait and see.

04n70n10

Remember they had a walking AND running animation for EVERY pokemon in SM?

Remember that we have walking and running animation even for Megaevolved pokemon and Ash-Greninja? And that all of them are activated only during a battle?

It's probably part of a work designed for future titles. In the meantime, It's not properly a 100% cut feature, we have some of these walking and running animations in sun and moon, for some pokémon along with other animations. Where? Poké Finder.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Remember they had a walking AND running animation for EVERY pokemon in SM?

While that is true, it doesn't absolutely mean it will be in USUM. Clearly the Rockruff in the trailer is following you, but at this point in time we don't know what it means. It could be a minigame, a sidequest, something special with the event Rockruff, something unique to select Pokemon, etc...

Also they could have them as WIPs for the next games on Switch. Who knows.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Looking at the Rockruff following scene, the path to Route 3 to the north is blocked off.
It could indicate that it's just a little interaction on our way to Iki Town during the prologue sequence of the game.

I also had a thought that it could just possibly be Kukui's Rockruff.

But then again, that path is blocked off until we finish the first trial.

Right now, I am not considering that the feature has returned.

Hoennking

Gamefreak has done a terrific get the fandom to really specalate about the games in very short trailer. the following pokemon, vermillion city gym replica with ryuki very carefully placed

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Well at least Ryuki isn't some random guy some player may never encounter. I have seriously defended the title fourteen time and eight of them was against Kukui (twice in a row one time!), Hau three times, and Falba, Tristen, and Hapu once each. I keep getting Kukui and I want someone else!

Hoennking

I just want to the rumor OP

The league is already bulit in map. He got that right but it seems like team aether in villains maybe reworked let's see

knightwolf09

Looking at the Rockruff following scene, the path to Route 3 to the north is blocked off.
It could indicate that it's just a little interaction on our way to Iki Town during the prologue sequence of the game.

I also had a thought that it could just possibly be Kukui's Rockruff.

But then again, that path is blocked off until we finish the first trial.

Right now, I am not considering that the feature has returned.

I think that Rockruff is just a wild one interacting with the trainer if you get close enough. Like how a friendly pup runs to a person to play. It's just another aspect that GF is trying to implement to make the region feel more alive.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I think that Rockruff is just a wild one interacting with the trainer if you get close enough. Like how a friendly pup runs to a person to play. It's just another aspect that GF is trying to implement to make the region feel more alive.

Personally I hope they have following pokemon as an option instead of random pokes walking up to you with emotions. I could see myself being annoyed by wild pokemon just running up to my character all the time and getting in the way.

Akashin

I also had the thought that the Rockruff in question could be Kukui's. It seemed more like the player is playing with it rather than it following you, though that could just be me.

It'd have been nice if maybe Kukui's Rockruff were made a Gift Pokemon that can become Dusk Lycanroc as a nod to it being the same Rockruff that Ash has and has now evolved, but alas.

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I also had the thought that the Rockruff in question could be Kukui's. It seemed more like the player is playing with it rather than it following you, though that could just be me.

It'd have been nice if maybe Kukui's Rockruff were made a Gift Pokemon that can become Dusk Lycanroc as a nod to it being the same Rockruff that Ash has and has now evolved, but alas.

Yeah, locking an entire evolution behind an event distribution is stupid enough, since it can't be obtained normally.

Anyway, I think the new buildings in Malie, Royal Avenue and Heahea are our missing facilities (i.e. Inverse Battles, Battle Institute and a prototype Gym) since the former two especially were suspiciously missing from S/M.

shadowF

I just want to the rumor OP

The league is already bulit in map. He got that right but it seems like team aether in villains maybe reworked let's see

What rumor?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Part of the issue with this following Pokémon thing is that the Pokémon they showed was Rockruff, who is both a mascot of the region, and the sort of Pokémon you would expect to chase the player around due to its loving and pet-like nature. That means it could very easily be just some random Pokémon in the overworld, or some sort of story event. Of course, that doesn't mean it can't be a following Pokémon, its just not as good evidence for the feature as it could be.

Anyway, I think the new buildings in Malie, Royal Avenue and Heahea are our missing facilities (i.e. Inverse Battles, Battle Institute and a prototype Gym) since the former two especially were suspiciously missing from S/M.

I actually really like the idea of a prototype gym. That could be really cool to see if they decide not to give us actual gyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.