• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

What rumor?

Like he said, the rumor in the first post:

1. The player character moves to Alola a year later than SM. (Not disproven, but besides some vague things that could have plenty of other explanations it doesn't have much going for it, either.)
2. The League is already established and the Champion is mysterious. (I suppose the League being on the map already could hint at that, but that could also be because it's no longer a secret in need of being kept.)
3. The villainous team is called Team Rainbow, a reworked version of an old villainous team with some old characters as members. (...Probably not?)
4. The box legends are forms of Necrozma rather than Solgaleo and Lunala. (Unproven, but highly doubtful.)
5. Lillie will surprise you a lot. (Maybe?)

john90

Akashin

Looking at this frame I think Rockruff is not following you. The protagonist is coming from left while Rockruff is coming from right. It should be behind him, up on the left or up in the middle of the frame. They're actually one in front of the other here.
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...d43c0d09c31963d7a420cc4fae55ab423a1cf04e5.jpg

Yeah, it definitely seems like you're just approaching and playing with the Rockruff. That it's the only time in the trailer an overworld Pokemon is seen seemingly following you is telling; there'd be no reason not to at least show the Starters in a similar way if that's what it was.

Thure

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Im definitely not getting my hopes up and saying the following feature is not back and that trailer doesnt haveanything to do with following pokemon, but i really hope it is back super secretly :p

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I thing GF is holding details back as to not ruin some sort of surprise and mysteries that we will encounter in the new the new games. ORAS had no real secrets to keep being they were remakes and XY and SM had many things that were leaked online and took away the fun of discovering them. Specifically with Cosmog evolving into the box Legendaries.

Thure

I thing GF is holding details back as to not ruin some sort of surprise and mysteries that we will encounter in the new the new games. ORAS had no real secrets to keep being they were remakes and XY and SM had many things that were leaked online and took away the fun of discovering them. Specifically with Cosmog evolving into the box Legendaries.

Oras would have some secrets like the Delta Episode or New Mauville... but most of it was leaked because of the Demo.

Ultra Beast Lover

I did hear something about pokeshopper that might give us something for these games, that's been reliable in the past before right?

chosen-one

Hatsu(发) Master
Looking at this frame I think Rockruff is not following you. The protagonist is coming from left while Rockruff is coming from right. It should be behind him, up on the left or up in the middle of the frame. They're actually one in front of the other here.
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...d43c0d09c31963d7a420cc4fae55ab423a1cf04e5.jpg

My opinion:
An updated Poké Ride feature previously seen in SM but this time without the need to ride, but the Pokémon can follow us.
For this case Rockruff would have the ability to sniff and head to places where there are hidden item.
About what you mention, it is possible that Rockruff comes back from sniffing something and that is why it comes from the opposite direction.

That's the only thing I could explain, but if I'm wrong then you're right.

Sorry for the English, I'm out of practice.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

It's possible the following pokemon isn't stuck right in the space behind the player character like in Yellow and HG/SS. It could be that the following pokemon starts walking/running after the player character and ends up 2-3 spaces behind instead, to make it look more realistic. Afterall, NPC's don't walk right up to your character and stand nose to nose when a battle is triggered anymore. If I remember the short clip correctly, the player character was running in a circle. It's possible the Rockruff appears to be running in the opposite direction as he tries to catch up with the character, who is constantly changing direction.

It's also perfectly possible that we aren't seeing evidence of following pokemon at all. It could just be an NPC Rockruff that runs around this little meadow or some kind of in-game event.

Last edited:

2dtyplosion

While Pokemon following would be cool the 3ds had slowdown on base sun and moon, so I don't see how they could do it without negatively affecting the rest of the game.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
While Pokemon following would be cool the 3ds had slowdown on base sun and moon, so I don't see how they could do it without negatively affecting the rest of the game.

The models are low poly. Do you think that walking Pokemon will hurt the game? Basically all complaints of lag were in battles, especially in Doubles.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The models are low poly. Do you think that walking Pokemon will hurt the game? Basically all complaints of lag were in battles, especially in Doubles.

besides being able to choose between doing single/double/triple for every battle, I think I'd want walking pokemon back most. Actually between those two, Idk which I'd want more. too bad the first doesn't seem likely whatsoever.

Orphalesion

Even if that were the case (still not getting the appeal of "I wanna run blindly into the grass" thing) I'd wager if there was stuff like new Alolan Forms (which, personally, I don't find likely anymore) they'd at least say that there would be new Alolan Forms and reveal at least one or two, if only for marketing purposes.

Thure

The slowdowns were only in battles. How would this be affected by this feature?

Ultra Beast Lover

I think that charging on Tauros does cause a little slow down sometimes, would the option of turning the following feature off and maybe only allowing it with certain Pokemon cause much of a slowdown?

future.newyorker

Even if that were the case (still not getting the appeal of "I wanna run blindly into the grass" thing) I'd wager if there was stuff like new Alolan Forms (which, personally, I don't find likely anymore) they'd at least say that there would be new Alolan Forms and reveal at least one or two, if only for marketing purposes.

I honestly see us getting new Alolan forms of Johto Pokémon this go around. I'm betting the the first one will be "discovered" (announced) next month when GS are released for the 3DS. Now obviously it won't be any of the Johto Pokémon that were already in the Alola Dex (or maybe they'll say that because it's a different dimension that the previously obtainable Johto Pokémon now have new forms and retcon it like that), but I do believe some Johto Pokémon and maybe a few more Kanto Pokémon (here's looking at you Nido's) will get Alolan forms.

EDIT: if Bellossom isn't in the dex this go around, even without a new Alolan form, I'm rioting. Bellossom is the perfect Pokémon to be in Alola.

Orphalesion

I honestly see us getting new Alolan forms of Johto Pokémon this go around. I'm betting the the first one will be "discovered" (announced) next month when GS are released for the 3DS. Now obviously it won't be any of the Johto Pokémon that were already in the Alola Dex (or maybe they'll say that because it's a different dimension that the previously obtainable Johto Pokémon now have new forms and retcon it like that), but I do believe some Johto Pokémon and maybe a few more Kanto Pokémon (here's looking at you Nido's) will get Alolan forms.

EDIT: if Bellossom isn't in the dex this go around, even without a new Alolan form, I'm rioting. Bellossom is the perfect Pokémon to be in Alola.

I really hope you are right. And yes, an Alolan Bellossom would be nice, I'd also love an Alolan Grass/Dragon Kingdra. The Johto bunch as a whole is not my favourite batch of Pokemon, but Alola forms of a few of them could make me like them more.

Ultra Beast Lover

I hope there's a few Alolan forms for the Jhoto mons, especially the Ledyba family. Sadly I don't think they'll do anything with Togepi due to Togekiss being a 4th Gen Pokemon which is too bad because I have fond memories of getting one in Jhoto...well actually maybe that could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.