• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
According to the demo for SM, I believe it was intended for the player to believe that Ash was your father. As your father in the demo is the one that gives you Ash-Greninja and its OT is Ash.

Uh, your father is never mentioned at all in the demo.

R_N

I think with Aqua and Magma, they didn't have both orbs needed to revive and control their respective weather trio member - both the blue orb and red orb are needed to control the legendary properly as far as I can remember, yet Maxie and Archie only steal one each, while the MC gets the other. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it seems to me.

With Ghetsis, they'd probably go with his BW version since he was probably never defeated by the MC there and thus never went completely ballistic. also I'm hoping for N as well which would kinda support the idea of him remaining sane but I'm probably dreaming at this point

Even if it's a version where everything went right, I still have a hard time seeing Cyrus (basically a god if his plan goes correctly) and Lysandre (killer of billions, there is no getting around that his plan was a fantasy nuke) would agree to work with..........a random mob boss from another world. I was going to say Archie Maxie working together too, but I imagine they'd be version exclusives.
ALso in general its kind of a depressing thought that he draws on winning teams considering the stakes of every game past GSC. Feel like you'd at least need some important NPCs (Zinnia for Hoenn, maybe even a depressed N for Unova, etc) to give a bit of hope.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Even if it's a version where everything went right, I still have a hard time seeing Cyrus (basically a god if his plan goes correctly) and Lysandre (killer of billions, there is no getting around that his plan was a fantasy nuke) would agree to work with..........a random mob boss from another world. I was going to say Archie Maxie working together too, but I imagine they'd be version exclusives.
ALso in general its kind of a depressing thought that he draws on winning teams considering the stakes of every game past GSC. Feel like you'd at least need some important NPCs (Zinnia for Hoenn, maybe even a depressed N for Unova, etc) to give a bit of hope.

Even if Cyrus' plan goes correctly, there's no guarantee he's going to be ruling over the universe he created. Giovanni could just threaten Lysandre.

R_N

Even if Cyrus' plan goes correctly, there's no guarantee he's going to be ruling over the universe he created. Giovanni could just threaten Lysandre.
I dont see how you recreate an entire universe in your image and control a deity of time/space without defaulting to god

also, threaten with what
Lysandre has a giant flower weapon and may/may not be immortal. I find it hard to believe he'd be threatened by anything a mobboss could throw at him

Honestly thinking on it I don't know why I'm overthinking this, I guarantee if the plot point is true they probably won't acknowledge the issues and just let the fanservice flow

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Yeah, if this is really happening it's probably totally fanservice-y. Or, maybe Lusamine, Necrozma, and/or the URS mucking about with Ultra Wormholes inadvertently brought the successful villainous leaders to the USUM-verse, and Giovanni, being the resourceful businessman he is, offered them a deal to get back to their respective worlds if they lent him their strength.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I still think GF is holding back some big surprise in the games until the day before being released.

.Aerodactyl.

I still think GF is holding back some big surprise in the games until the day before being released.

They usually save something. They've hinted at two facilities we haven't seen yet (something in Malie and another in festival Plaza). TCG numbers suggest we have two more UB's and we don't know the half of team rocket yet.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I find it hard to believe Team Rocket would work with Team Galactic or Team Flare. Mainly because of how insane their leaders are

Thure

Honestly thinking on it I don't know why I'm overthinking this, I guarantee if the plot point is true they probably won't acknowledge the issues and just let the fanservice flow

I'm pretty sure they would explain it. They did a very good job in SM to give everything a explaination... they even gave Bromley a backstory we he is a rowdy. Also the whole backstory behind LUsamine... they could have just make her like all the other bosses and call it a day.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
I love how an amazing post detailing how every trustworthy leak before has had issues and how they could happen, but a page later it's completely forgotten about XD I think we're just getting grunts or possibly admins, even if it's fanservice-y I don't think they'd go as far to include all of the other bosses. Maybe 1, but then which one would it be?

TheWanderingMist

So that trailer didn't materialize but there will be an infodump on the 2nd. Interesting stuff. Seems all the stuff that wasn't completed at the first release has been added in (Machamp construction became the Photo Club, you can see the stage show instead of just cleaning up, etc.)

Thure

So that trailer didn't materialize but there will be an infodump on the 2nd. Interesting stuff. Seems all the stuff that wasn't completed at the first release has been added in (Machamp construction became the Photo Club, you can see the stage show instead of just cleaning up, etc.)

Not all Machamp constructions are the photo club. Just two of them.
And... you already could see the stage show in SM...but only at special times.

R_N

I think there was like 5 different stage shows, even. This just seems like they're adding more

In retrospect, Bewear not having a stage show was a bit odd considering its literally based on a mascot costume.

TheWanderingMist

Yet somehow I never saw a single one. Guess I'm just unlucky.

Thure

I think there was like 5 different stage shows, even. This just seems like they're adding more

In retrospect, Bewear not having a stage show was a bit odd considering its literally based on a mascot costume.

The stage shows in SM are all Pokeride pokemon as far as I remember. So Bewear didn't fit into this. But seems to have changed in USUM.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I decided to compile the revelant rumors (or at least the ones with rainbow rocket).

rumors said:
1. The player character moves to Alola a year later than SM.
2. The League is already established and the Champion is mysterious.
3. The villainous team is called Team Rainbow, a reworked version of an old villainous team with some old characters as members.
4. The box legends are forms of Necrozma rather than Solgaleo and Lunala.

5. Lillie will surprise you a lot.

-Apparently the way they know of these leaks is because their friends work in the Chinese translation teams.

-When the Chinese Riddler was hinting at stuff last year, he saw a lot of Junichi Masuda's tweets actually hint at stuff to be revealed so they believe the Rainbow Rocket leak to be real since Junichi Masuda posted a picture of himself with the past villain's ace Pokemon.

-The team which worked on USUM was 80 people, which is only half of Sun and Moon.
(Half of the staff worked on USUM while the other worked on Pokemon switch.)

- Japanese players should use the Roto Loto to get items, since apparently it's beneficial.

-UB Burst was designed before SM was released but the Chinese riddler didn't know it was an Ultra Beast or based on fireworks though he did hint at the Pokemon in his riddles.

-The 4chan wishlist leak and the leak I posted (let's call it the RR leak) came from a friend of his that he has been discussing a lot about.

-The Grass/Poison Pokemon which is an Alolan form from Generation one is Oddish (so expect Alolan Oddish)

-There are also other Alolan form Pokemon Generation 1.

-RR is short for Rainbow Rocket. The evil teams' bosses use legendary pokemon and they are summoned by Giovanni (in real world of Alola) from alternate universes. (They likely came from alternate universes or something along those lines.)

-Giratina is caught in distortion world through the wormhole.

-The riddler posted a picture showing all the villains from past Pokemon Generations which hints at Rainbow Rocket.

-The wording on the Japanese site seems to hint at UB Adhesive getting an evolution or at least a form change

-He and his friends do not really care about USUM as they are talking more about Generation 8 coming out in the Switch.

Bolded is confirmed or mostly confirmed.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
I decided to compile the revelant rumors (or at least the ones with rainbow rocket).
Bolded is confirmed or mostly confirmed.
Thank you for compiling these. Makes it easy to not have to scroll through everything.

New alolan forms, huh? Right on! I mean, i guess we could have expected them, but I almost thought they'd be different gens. But, that does open up gen 8 to focus on Johto alternates (or another, as it were).

fubufubu

If the part about the leaders coming from alternate worlds in which their goals succeeded is true, how does Lysandre have a team? He says himself in XY that if his plan succeeds, Pokémon would no longer exist.

kemal07

Thank you for compiling these. Makes it easy to not have to scroll through everything.

New alolan forms, huh? Right on! I mean, i guess we could have expected them, but I almost thought they'd be different gens. But, that does open up gen 8 to focus on Johto alternates (or another, as it were).

It’s these leaks that makes one hold on to the hope of Alolan forms...
A part of me is almost certain there won’t be any new Alolan forms because of their absence from trailers as we are incredibly near to the release. And another part of me still has hope due to all the other accurate points in those leaks.

Is it safe to assume there are no new Alolan forms ?

future.newyorker

It’s these leaks that makes one hold on to the hope of Alolan forms...
A part of me is almost certain there won’t be any new Alolan forms because of their absence from trailers as we are incredibly near to the release. And another part of me still has hope due to all the other accurate points in those leaks.

Is it safe to assume there are no new Alolan forms ?

It’s not safe to assume anything until the games are actually released or there’s an [official/accurate] announcement otherwise.