• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
View attachment 16809

Ok call me crazy, and I'm probably making something out of nothing here...but.... On the Amazon description for the Official Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Guide, it says an " Updated Map"...... Which to me personally, kinda hints that there will be at least a new location or two, or that the islands have been expanded on or something..Otherwise, if it were the same, there would be no need to update the map....

Like I said, grasping but with the lack of any real news, and being left to my own devices, I gotta come up with something! lol

I've seen a theory on Youtube (can't find the video atm) that says that Akala Island will be broken in smaller islands in USUM, based on the symbol on Necro Solgaleo/Lunala's forehead, which is theorized to be based on the island challenge amulet. This suggest GREAT changes to Alola if true.

I've seen a theory on Youtube (can't find the video atm) that says that Akala Island will be broken in smaller islands in USUM, based on the symbol on Necro Solgaleo/Lunala's forehead, which is theorized to be based on the island challenge amulet. This suggest GREAT changes to Alola if true.

Why would an otherworldly being have a map of some islands on its head, though? And why would it remain the same, even if said being was in an entirely different universe?

Thure

View attachment 16809

Ok call me crazy, and I'm probably making something out of nothing here...but.... On the Amazon description for the Official Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Guide, it says an " Updated Map"...... Which to me personally, kinda hints that there will be at least a new location or two, or that the islands have been expanded on or something..Otherwise, if it were the same, there would be no need to update the map....

Like I said, grasping but with the lack of any real news, and being left to my own devices, I gotta come up with something! lol

The pikachu trailer/caravan is a new location, isn't it?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Those are the same broken shard-like things on Necrozma's face. Just arranged properly to form a triangle.
It's also on the game's Japanese logos. Take a look at my avatar if you want the larger version.

It is way different than the amulet.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Regarding the location talk, we do know there will be a new location, since that Pikachu caravan's location is definitely not in S/M.

It could be completely new, or simply a redesign of existing location, but either way it's still something new.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I wish they would release an image of the USUM map. That was one of the earlier things we got for SM and would give us plenty to discuss until their next reveal.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
The "new islands" and "broken Akala" theories probably have more credibility than anything else, but it's partly because that's just a logical extension of the games. Look at the Unova sequels for example; they expanded the Unova region rather significantly, while Sinnoh had radically altered weather patterns and the inclusion of the distortion world. It just makes sense to expand. Additionally, since this is possibly an "alternate timeline" in a greater sense than past third versions have been, it's reasonable enough to expect some decent changes to the region.

It's worth noting that Hawaii has seven populated islands - six with actually significant populations and then the small "forbidden island" - because one of the geographic structures is rather fragmented, forming three islands in the same space as is taken up by the biggest island. That gives a bit of credibility to the opposing ideas that they could break up Akala or another island, or that they could simply expand with several new islands. And that's to say nothing of the many smaller and unpopulated land masses, which could have an Alola counterpart that serves as a plot point, a legendary's habitat, or other extraneous location.

I don't know if the theories even qualify as rumors or leaks really, since the idea almost comes just from observing series trends and the real world's characteristics - though I suppose that the Necrozma symbol with its seven colors might help back it up.

If we do get more islands, I'm excited to see what they are - and I'd personally love the unlikely near-fanfic concept of the most extraneous island in this New Alola being Faraway Island.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
TBH I thought the Lycanroc in the teaser was using a Z-Move unique to itself, but Totem Pokemon does make sense. Perhaps Olivia is now a Trial Captain and not the Kahuna?

If the Mimikyu and Lycanroc in the trailer are Totems, I think it's safe to say Olivia is now a Trial Captain and Acerola remains a Trial Captain unless we get new characters to replace them.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One theory I've been seeing around internet lately that's getting annoying is that people are starting to think that we haven't got any new info of Ultra Sun & Moon since Game Freak's punishing us for the SM leaks last year. I admit it's odd that we haven't heard anything new about the games yet, but I can't help but find it ridiculous that people are starting to act like this.

Last edited:

ebevan91

I'm OK with them not putting as much information out there as last time. Seemed like they revealed most of the game before it even released and then the datamine happened of course.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
One theory I've been seeing around internet lately that's getting annoying is that people are starting to think that we haven't got any new info of Ultra Sun & Moon since Game Freak's punishing us for the SM leaks last year. I admit it's odd that we haven't heard anything new about the games yet, but I can't help but find it ridiculous that people are starting to act like this.

Like someone mentioned before they're usually like this with third games/sequels. BW2 didn't get much info revealed and neither did Platinum. It's not unusual.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
TBH I thought the Lycanroc in the teaser was using a Z-Move unique to itself, but Totem Pokemon does make sense. Perhaps Olivia is now a Trial Captain and not the Kahuna?

If the Mimikyu and Lycanroc in the trailer are Totems, I think it's safe to say Olivia is now a Trial Captain and Acerola remains a Trial Captain unless we get new characters to replace them.

The only thing that I don't really like is the theory that the video is somehow evidence of a new Lycanroc form. I think that it's by far the most likely non-legendary Gen 7 species to receive something like that, but I agree that it looked a lot more like it was using a new Z-Move than anything - but I do kind of like this "Olivia as a captain" idea if it means we might meet a new, alternate Kahuna for some islands.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The only thing that I don't really like is the theory that the video is somehow evidence of a new Lycanroc form. I think that it's by far the most likely non-legendary Gen 7 species to receive something like that, but I agree that it looked a lot more like it was using a new Z-Move than anything - but I do kind of like this "Olivia as a captain" idea if it means we might meet a new, alternate Kahuna for some islands.

People keep on bringing up the possibility of Lycanroc getting a new form, and honestly, I don't think it's going to happen. The form Lycanroc takes depends on which Legendary, Solgaleo or Lunala, is influencing the region. If this were a normal third version, with Necrozma as the cover Legendary, then it could get a new form from Necrozma's influence, but that's not the case. Solgaleo and Lunala are still the cover Pokémon, allowing for the two Lycanroc forms to work the same way as before. On top of that, looking at things conceptually, we have a day and night form of Lycanroc, what could a third version possibly be?

Akashin

People keep on bringing up the possibility of Lycanroc getting a new form, and honestly, I don't think it's going to happen. The form Lycanroc takes depends on which Legendary, Solgaleo or Lunala, is influencing the region. If this were a normal third version, with Necrozma as the cover Legendary, then it could get a new form from Necrozma's influence, but that's not the case. Solgaleo and Lunala are still the cover Pokémon, allowing for the two Lycanroc forms to work the same way as before. On top of that, looking at things conceptually, we have a day and night form of Lycanroc, what could a third version possibly be?

Is there any actual basis behind the idea that Solgaleo and Lunala are the source of its differing evolutions that I've missed? That doesn't really mesh up with the fact that the opposite form can be found in the wild in both games.

That said, I'm firmly in the camp of thinking that what the trailer was showing was a Z-Move (and hopefully one that's compatible with both forms; Midday Form already has Accelerock). I've never really bought into the idea that both Lycanroc forms having focus in the anime means that Ash will showcase this hypothetical third form either, really (it isn't like Greninja was lacking for attention before Ash got one), but anything's possible I suppose.

CrimsonAce777

I've read alot of the rumors, and it seems like most of them are very implausible based on the trailer I've seen.

If necrozma can attach to all the powerful pokemon, ok sure, but then lycanroc gets an ultra? Yea right. Ultra abilities seem way to game breaking. They already gave you mega quaza and marshadow, do you want an uber ubers tier? Because this is how you get uber ubers XD.

Maybe the fifth island is like an expanded on aether paradise? Since its a year later maybe lusamine had more time to build onto it, and it got like sworn in as an official island? Having it's own trial and trial captain?

I did watch one fan theory on youtube that stated a rumor about the new trial amulet design, (im pretty sure the new colors/design are based on necrozma's eyes, considering they are a similar pattern, and the same pattern appears on "ultra" solgaleo and lunala's heads.) that stated that the island with the volcano (i don't remember the names so well after johto games XD) had the volcano erupt, which split it into several smaller islands, the rumor used the fact that the previous amulet only had 4 colors on it, 1 to represent each island, and that this new amulet design is changed to reflect the change in the landscape, etc. maybe this could be something related to ultra space being possibly more involved in the story? Dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.