• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This thread is for all rumors about USUM.

Here's one that I found from Bulbagarden Forums. It's from the same guy who gave us the Chinese Leak.
1. The player character moves to Alola a year later than SM.
2. The League is already established and the Champion is mysterious.
3. The villainous team is called Team Rainbow, a reworked version of an old villainous team with some old characters as members.
4. The box legends are forms of Necrozma rather than Solgaleo and Lunala.
5. Lillie will surprise you a lot.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

Here's one that I found from Bulbagarden Forums. It's from the same guy who gave us the Chinese Leak.
3. The villainous team is called Team Rainbow, a reworked version of an old villainous team with some old characters as members.

1. that would make these sequels to SM
2. exciting!
3. that doesn't even sound reputable
4. possible... but it depends on what happens in the story
5. Lillie is the champion!

I saw this posted either on Twitter or reddit. It gives me hope that USUM are sequels, but I'm going to consider it fake until proven otherwise.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
1. that would make these sequels to SM
Depends on how you understand that part actually.
While some may think that this is 1 year later than the events of SM.

There is the other angle to this as well, which would suggest that the player character moves to Alola a year later than initially planned, i.e., if in SM the player character moves to Alola say in the year 2016, then the spoiler could suggest that the same player character (of SM) in USUM moves to Alola in 2017. This would create an alternate timeline, as the PC arrives in Alola 1 year after he was supposed to come.

This opens up new scenarios that could be played out differently than what happened in SM (even if the plot remains similar to SM).

Like for example, since the PC wasn't there to help out Lillie (with her quest) after her escape with Cosmog from AF, then its quite possible that in a way Lusamine might have succeed in her plans, and its also quite possible that Ultra Beast now roam around Alola more freely than before or the Ultra Space is more connected now.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Depends on how you understand that part actually.
While some may think that this is 1 year later than the events of SM.

There is the other angle to this as well, which would suggest that the player character moves to Alola a year later than initially planned, i.e., if in SM the player character moves to Alola say in the year 2016, then the spoiler could suggest that the same player character (of SM) in USUM moves to Alola in 2017. This would create an alternate timeline, as the PC arrives in Alola 1 year after he was supposed to come.

This opens up new scenarios that could be played out differently than what happened in SM (even if the plot remains similar to SM).

Like for example, since the PC wasn't there to help out Lillie (with her quest) after her escape with Cosmog from AF, then its quite possible that in a way Lusamine might have succeed in her plans, and its also quite possible that Ultra Beast now roam around Alola more freely than before or the Ultra Space is more connected now.

That's actually a very interesting interpretation and I wouldn't mind if Game Freak went in a direction like that.

Aetius

I'd wish for this rumors to be true only for the part about Lillie.
As for the character moving to Alola 1 year later than Sun & Moon, I really hope that Lucario at Service's interpretation will be proven true, as such a radical difference between the two games would make US and UM pseudo-sequels.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Here's another rumor I found off of Bulbagarden.
The New forms are Ultra Solgaleo and Ultra Lunala.
Ultra Solgaleo is Psychic/Fire, has ability Ultra Body, Like Contrary but Positive Stat Boosts are still positive, but negative is flipped.
Ultra Lunala is Psychic/Dark, Ultra Shield, Works like Shadow Shield but until 50% instead of if at 100%.
There are 6 other Ultra Forms.
Ultra Lycanroc Midday and Ultra Lycanroc Midnight: Midday is Rock/Fighting, and Ultrafast is it's ability, Steadfast but it cancels the flinch as well. Midnight makes it so No Guard only affects opponent.
Then, Ultra Starters have Ultra Overgrow, Ultra Blaze, Ultra Torrent, affects there second type.
Finally, Ultra Necrozma. The parts that are covered by Necrozma parts are attached to Necrozma for a crazy amalgamation that has Ultra Prism Armor, which makes all attacks due normal damage to Necrozma.
There are 10 trials and 5 Grand Trials, a 5th island contains 5th grand trial.
The last major difference is Pokemon Follow you.

utlhmsus

Ultra Solgaleo is Psychic/Fire, has ability Ultra Body, Like Contrary but Positive Stat Boosts are still positive, but negative is flipped.
Ultra Lunala is Psychic/Dark, Ultra Shield, Works like Shadow Shield but until 50% instead of if at 100%.
Ultra Lycanroc Midday and Ultra Lycanroc Midnight: Midday is Rock/Fighting, and Ultrafast is it's ability, Steadfast but it cancels the flinch as well. Midnight makes it so No Guard only affects opponent.
Then, Ultra Starters have Ultra Overgrow, Ultra Blaze, Ultra Torrent, affects there second type.
Finally, Ultra Necrozma. The parts that are covered by Necrozma parts are attached to Necrozma for a crazy amalgamation that has Ultra Prism Armor, which makes all attacks due normal damage to Necrozma.

I would absolutely love that, and I really hope it's true. I'm a bit skeptical though, so I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet.

Bus

That's a little too good to be true. A lot of that is what we had been wishing for leading up to Sun/Moon's full reveal. Especially the bit about the
Starters and Lycanroc

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Team Rainbow is a ridiculous name. They sound like worse of a joke than Team Skull is

That sounds more like somebody's wishlist.... Pokemon following you again for example.
And how would they even explain there being a 5th island when there are only 4 Tapu?

KalosChampion

I hope the one about the league already being established is true, because that means there would be 2 Kahuna spots (Hala and Olivia) and 1 Trial Captain spot (Acerola) open, so there can be some new characters with different type specialties.

Missingno.Fan

Wait, am I just being dumb or do these rumors contradict each other. I'm specifically referring to the parts where they said
the Pokémon on the covers were forms of Necrozma but then they later said they are ultra Solgaleo and ultra Lunala.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I won't post these to the Rumors thread... yet.

Right now, it all seems like speculations and wishlists based on what we all know so far. If many of these rumors coincide with actual info, then that's the only time we can call these relevant. Even if the first rumor came from the Chinese Leak guy.

Now for my opinions...

1. From the looks of it, it appears that the player has been living in Alola for quite some time now, as opposed to what was suggested by the rumor.
2. This is what I think as well.
3. Rainbow? Wouldn't Spectrum/Spectra/Prism/Prisma sound better?
4. From the looks of it, Solgaleo and Lunala were the base of the fusions. Not the other way around.
5. Not surprising at all.

Gosh. This one just plastered Ultra in everything.
I'm guessing this is Ultra Fake as well.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

This just sounds too over the top to be real to me. Those abilities sound way too powerful and just break the balance of the game. If these are real Mega Rayquaza will soon have competition for being the most broken thing in the entire game. If this does turn out to be real I'll be avoiding online forever because everyone and their mother will have these on their team.

XXD17

Draco rex
I have a question. Has the Chinese leaker addressed the holes in the S/M leaks at all before making these new claims? Although most of it was true, what about the stuff that are not true like the whole Ash-greninja transforming with the Z ring and the dolphin pokemon that never happened?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I have a question. Has the Chinese leaker addressed the holes in the S/M leaks at all before making these new claims? Although most of it was true, what about the stuff that are not true like the whole Ash-greninja transforming with the Z ring and the dolphin pokemon that never happened?

Pretty sure Tapu Fini is the dolphin pokemon.

also, leaks usually come out before final versions of games are ready. It's possible they changed mechanics after he got his info.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
The leak in the first post is from the same guy who came up with the Chinese Leak for SM, which turned out to be 90% real.

Actually it's a different guy then the Riddler, just the same forum.

It may still be worth considering since we have had reliable Chinese leaks from there, but he doesn't have anything backing him as of yet.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
want the one with Lillie of coming back to come true, also she could challenge you, omfg that'll be awesome. I will eat my shirt it that happens xD

B. Thunder Tiger

Ultra Starters you say with their standard abilities becoming Ultra? Interesting, although like many here, I have a hard head in believing that part. Like aside their abilities, what else is so "ultra" about them? If it were true (not saying it is), what other quailities could these Ultra Starters have?

Status
Not open for further replies.