• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Can we start providing sources with the "leaks/rumors"?

So far they all just sound like wish lists and made up scenarios.

JLK2707

Another thing about rumors is to just treat them with a grain of salt, until or unless they can be proven. That's what I learned growing up 9 years ago. Thanks mom!:)

.Aerodactyl.

Anyone else today get excited when they saw the trailer on the front page, only then to be disappointed that it wasn't for Usum?

I honestly think some of these "rumors" would dissipate if we had new information but it's just so little that was shown and we haven't heard anything since. So everyone is getting a bit squirrely XD People want to read and talk about something, so they don't mind reading an obviously fake rumor with no credibility just to pass the time.

Aetius

Well, obviously, but when a leak is published means absolutely nothing right now since they all currently pre-date the reveal of any real information.

Of course, you're not wrong there. :XD
Just wanted to point that out though. :D

.Aerodactyl.

Now, I don't believe any of these rumors, but the ideas in some of them are interesting to consider and just discuss. Right now, I'm wondering about how the "Battle Bond" one would work and effect the meta game if we started getting more Pokémon besides Ash-greninja with it. I think it could actually be a neat feature if they ever decided to expand it, especially for Pokémon with less viable stats, cause it's basically a mega that also still let's you hold an item! Certainly OP in certain combinations, but Pokémon like Butterfree and Quagsire that aren't as competitive would get a nice boost :) And, since it's activated by causing an opponent to faint, it still takes some strategy to pull off and also helps keep it from getting super OP. (It's also a bit of a trade off...you get the hold item back on your mega evolution but loose the ability. As far as we know though, there is no limit to the "battle bond" Pokémon you can have on a team).

They might have to change how they talk about it a bit though...since it's supposed to make the Pokémon appear more like the trainer, but you'd kinda have to have a universal design for it. I do like the way it showcase signature moves, like how Water Shrukien gets that added boost. I'd want to bond with my own Pokémon though...not like just get handed someone else's Pokémon (Like Lusamine's Clefable) and be able to pull off this super bonding move with a strange Pokémon I just met.

Akashin

Can we start providing sources with the "leaks/rumors"?

So far they all just sound like wish lists and made up scenarios.

Honestly, that's pretty much all they are even with sources. That, sprinkled with a not insignificant amount of desire to just see who will fall for them.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Now, I don't believe any of these rumors, but the ideas in some of them are interesting to consider and just discuss. Right now, I'm wondering about how the "Battle Bond" one would work and effect the meta game if we started getting more Pokémon besides Ash-greninja with it. I think it could actually be a neat feature if they ever decided to expand it, especially for Pokémon with less viable stats, cause it's basically a mega that also still let's you hold an item! Certainly OP in certain combinations, but Pokémon like Butterfree and Quagsire that aren't as competitive would get a nice boost :) And, since it's activated by causing an opponent to faint, it still takes some strategy to pull off and also helps keep it from getting super OP. (It's also a bit of a trade off...you get the hold item back on your mega evolution but loose the ability. As far as we know though, there is no limit to the "battle bond" Pokémon you can have on a team).

They might have to change how they talk about it a bit though...since it's supposed to make the Pokémon appear more like the trainer, but you'd kinda have to have a universal design for it. I do like the way it showcase signature moves, like how Water Shrukien gets that added boost. I'd want to bond with my own Pokémon though...not like just get handed someone else's Pokémon (Like Lusamine's Clefable) and be able to pull off this super bonding move with a strange Pokémon I just met.

Your second paragraph hits on some reasons I personally really, really dislike the idea of further Battle Bond 'mons, particularly those that would morph to resemble the player character.

It would be, technically speaking, incredibly difficult to work in functionality that mimics the player's current customizations, and it likely wouldn't cover all the major visual aspects. At the same time it would be hard to make these changes actually look like they represent the specific trainer in question, since many facial elements in Sun and Moon are still highly generalized. I honestly wasn't into the concept in the first place - when rumors were rampant that this would be a widespread feature in this generation, I just thought it sounded like a bad shonen-anime-style gimmick ripped from something like Digimon (which actually did something a lot like this). To have it done in a sloppy way would just be even messier.

Changing it to defined trainers, especially ones that unlike Ash exist in the games' canon, would be quite awkward. "This was my Pokemon, and it basically turns into me when its ability activates, but you can have it - it'll just still look like me." Um???

I'm just not sure how Battle Bond could be expanded and done well; if they do it and it works out, then woohoo, more power to them, but I'm just not sure we're at a point yet at which it's feasible.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Hey guys. Dunno if this is fake or what but found it interesting. Lemme know what ya think.
All info are found in our trustworthy http://m.koudai8.com/ as usual

-This game takes place in Distortion Alola (Menghuai Aluola)
-Arcanine gets 2 new Alolan forms, Water and Ice
-Ultra Evolution (Zhongji Jinhua "Ultimate Evolution") is included and it requires 2 or more mons whose total levels matches the requirement. Ultra Solgaleo is Solgaleo + 1 non-Solgaleo mon with a total level of 96. There are generic ultra evolutions that require simple additions such as any 2 fire mons with total level of 30
-30 new Pokemon, though 12 of them are new UBs
-Each UB gets a new "Z-Powered" form that unlocks their true potential. They get additional ability stacked on their beast boost. Lillie is a UB after all
-Pokemon GO is included in the game
-Anabel is the champion for the first League match. She will then be replaced with a surprise character as she proceeds to rebuild Battle Frontier which will be under construction in Alola in postgame
-Capture Styler (Pokemon Ranger) is in this game in another form
-Free DLC will be released monthly after the release of the game

Some info will be confirmed by corocoro or other leaks this month. Stay tuned

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So many things wrong in that one.

I don't even wanna nitpick it because it'll be a waste of time.

Zaide

Hey guys. Dunno if this is fake or what but found it interesting. Lemme know what ya think.

-Ultra Evolution (Zhongji Jinhua "Ultimate Evolution") is included and it requires 2 or more mons whose total levels matches the requirement. Ultra Solgaleo is Solgaleo + 1 non-Solgaleo mon with a total level of 96. There are generic ultra evolutions that require simple additions such as any 2 fire mons with total level of 30
-Each UB gets a new "Z-Powered" form that unlocks their true potential. They get additional ability stacked on their beast boost. Lillie is a UB after all
-Anabel is the champion for the first League match. She will then be replaced with a surprise character as she proceeds to rebuild Battle Frontier which will be under construction in Alola in postgame

Screams fake again.

- Doubt they'd give two Alolan forms to one Pokémon.
- Pokemon GO included in the game? Lol.
- Same with the DLC, I doubt we'll ever see that for Pokémon games, even if they're free.
- This "Ultra Evolution" thing seems way too gimmicky and complex for GameFreak to even think about including that into the games.
- Z-powered forms for the UBs sounds just too OP for the metagame's balance.
- The combined "Ultra Evolution" and "Z-powered forms" would mean two new big game mechanics. This seems way too much for one single generation, as we've already had Z-moves, and in-battle form changing became more prominent (Wishiwashi, Ash-Greninja, Zygarde - I say more prominent because we already had Darmanitan and Castform, notably)

Thure

New gimmicks like Ultra evolution in a special edition? Never.

And can the leaks stop with Arcanine? The Water Aracanine in SM was a false leak. Can we stop with it? Why does every fake leaker has to include Alola Arcanine?

04n70n10

Really, every point of this """"leak"""" screams fake.

So far IMO we haven't heard a good rumor.

And things like "alola form for 2nd generation pokemon" are simple to assuming for everyone.

JLK2707

When will corocoro confirm it?

New gimmicks like Ultra evolution in a special edition? Never.

And can the leaks stop with Arcanine? The Water Aracanine in SM was a false leak. Can we stop with it? Why does every fake leaker has to include Alola Arcanine?

Maybe it's just what they want.

One of of the rumors I wish it was true are the alolan Aipom and Teddiursa. But seeing alolan Aipom not evolving is very odd, so it's fake.

Precisely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Yeah I thought the Go thing as well as Pokémon Ranger was a little fishy. But thought I'd post to be safe. I do hope we get some actual information next week tho :/

Akashin

And the other ones aren't?

Eh, most of them have at least a few things that sound plausible (and in the interest of fairness, sprinkling real information with fake is pretty common among actually legitimate leaks), putting aside that none of them give any real reason to be believed. The one that was just posted doesn't have a single thing that sounds remotely likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.