• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Eh, most of them have at least a few things that sound plausible (and in the interest of fairness, sprinkling real information with fake is pretty common among actually legitimate leaks), putting aside that none of them give any real reason to be believed. The one that was just posted doesn't have a single thing that sounds remotely likely.

Yep. None of the leaks that I've posted are as outrageous as that. There's not one thing on the leak that was just posted that is believable.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
-Pokemon GO is included in the game
-Free DLC will be released monthly after the release of the game

These two things in particular make me doubt the rest of the rumors in the list since there's no reason to add Pokemon Go to the handheld games when the app is already popular on smartphones and I thought Junichi Masuda said a few years back that DLC wouldn't happen in any of the core Pokemon games?

Akashin

These two things in particular make me doubt the rest of the rumors in the list since there's no reason to add Pokemon Go to the handheld games when the app is already popular on smartphones and I thought Junichi Masuda said a few years back that DLC wouldn't happen in any of the core Pokemon games?

He did, but things change. DLC will forever be one of those things that people expect Pokemon to bend on sooner or later, whether it actually will or not.

Thure

Masuda isn't the director of the pokemon games anymore. Anything could happen. But even if game freak starts to use DLC... i doubt it well be monthly and I doubt even free.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Masuda isn't the director of the pokemon games anymore. Anything could happen. But even if game freak starts to use DLC... i doubt it well be monthly and I doubt even free.

I doubt that more than four DLC would be free if it were to be included in the games. The only free DLC I imagine GF would hand out would be for certain new areas such as the Battle Frontier or Battle Tower and a National Dex.

Akashin

What makes you think it won't be free?

Because DLC typically isn't, and I don't see why Pokemon should be any different in that regard. If they were to bend on DLC, though, I'd more expect a change like that to happen with a new Generation rather than in the middle of one.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Very few games have free DLC and if they do it's usually for a few in game items or a limited time offer where the same DLC is then priced. The only franchise that has all of its DLC for free I can think of is Style Savvy. You can't get the DLC anymore in the first game since it was a DS game and used the Nintendo Wi-fi which is now deactivated and the second and third games have several DLC for Japan but only three (for the second game) and four (for the third game) outside of Japan which is disappointing considering that the latest game has Splatoon inspired clothing not sold in the game or even unlocked by the Amiibos.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
In an interview with Junichi Masuda when asked about DLC for Pokemon X & Y:

"In terms of DLC specifically, I don’t know what shape DLC can take in the future. But at the moment I don’t feel it’s a safe enough mode – so to speak – appropriate for Pokémon.

There’s no download content or microtransaction content developed specifically for Pokémon X & Y. We’ve not come up with any ideas on that yet. I like the idea that Pokémon can be enjoyed with just one piece of software. You buy the game and it can be enjoyed just with that one software that you buy. That’s a key point for Game Freak."

They still haven't given us DLC. And I think it might stay that way.
Although event-distributed items are technically DLC...

.Aerodactyl.

I actually could see Pokémon giving out free DLC...cause they do it all the time. They even did it monthly for a whole year. Anytimr they give away a Pokémon through an event or code or whatever, that's technically DLC. They have contests and tournaments with DLC prizes. It's just not DLC that unlocks new areas or story quests. Although the game demos that unlock transfers and special Pokémon for us though could almost be considered free DLC with new story. Pokémon Bank is also almost DLC.

Now, I'm not saying this because I believe any of that rumor is true, just wanted to join on the DLC discussion. I think one day we can expect more expansive DLC for Pokémon, but I think they will keep a pretty good balance between paid and free DLC. I don't think Pokémon is ever going to bar certain Pokémon behind a paid DLC window. Sure, when games first come out there isn't typically a way to get all the Pokémon without using the bank, but it only takes a few people with some trading and breeding to start spreading those Pokémon around. Secondly, they tend to make the rest of the Pokémon available through the next game instalment in the franchise, and yes that is paid for, buts it's also a whole new other game (and if you don't buy it, trading is still a thing). The legendaries to remain pretty rare, but they also regularly have events and give aways for them. What I mean is, I don't think we're ever going to see Pokémon do a "Buy this DLC pack for $10.00 and gain access to Noir island where you can catch Weavile, Zorua, and Lucario! Unavailable anywhere else!!!"

I could see DLC paid stuff that unlocks a new side story...like a looker mission or Delta episode. It would probably gain you easier access to rare Pokémon, perhaps even wild versions of the games starters so you could get them in a different pokeball (and maybe hidden ability. And, the thing is, even with the people who didn't buy the DLC still have access to these Pokémon through global trade and wonder trade. That's the beauty of the social aspect of Pokémon, which is also a core values of the franchise). I could also see them doing paid DLC item stuff...like a clothing package with clothes that allows players to dress up like past Pokémon Characters or popular Pokémon themselves. I DON'T see them barring things like a battle frontier behind DLC. Maybe another restaurant or something, or a second nursery for hatching eggs.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Pokémon will never do paid DLC, so this discussion is pointless. They already earn more than enough money already by not only main games, but other stuff as well (merchandise etc.), so why bother?

Masuda has said it clearly, enjoying a game with the content it has alone at launch is a key point to GF, so yeah, stop asking for paid DLC. Be happy with the full game's content, don't ask for more!

Thure

People should stop with the Masuda argument... Masuda is since XY not anymore the main guy. He stopped being the director of the games.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
People should stop with the Masuda argument... Masuda is since XY not anymore the main guy. He stopped being the director of the games.

He's still part of the team that controls everything in GF in general (the board of directors), so until he retires or leaves the company, people should not expect paid DLC. Just because he doesn't direct games anymore (which I doubt, he could direct the Switch game), doesn't mean something's changed. If the rest of GF's staff is opposed to the idea of paid DLC, then yeah, you shouldn't expect paid DLC whatsoever.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion

Every set of games has its own director; it changes here and there and there's no reason he couldn't direct another game. We don't actually know the official director for USUM yet. Regardless, he's still been one of the main producers for the games and is a member of Game Freak's board of directors, so you can still treat him as one of the most credible voices regarding the direction of the series as a whole.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Just because Masuda isn't directing, doesn't mean he has no say or command over the matter anymore.

.Aerodactyl.

Pokémon will never do paid DLC, so this discussion is pointless. They already earn more than enough money already by not only main games, but other stuff as well (merchandise etc.), so why bother?

Masuda has said it clearly, enjoying a game with the content it has alone at launch is a key point to GF, so yeah, stop asking for paid DLC. Be happy with the full game's content, don't ask for more!

Well, if you want to get so absolute, Pokémon already HAS paid DLC... It's called Pokémon Bank. It's actually pretty impressive, I mean, there aren't many franchises that allow you to transfer up characters you built up to the next version of the game!!! Not just for that, but for several generations forward... I have Pokémon still from the original Pokémon Ruby. That's four generations up.

I mean, I agree in that I don't think Pokémon is ever going to do a lot of paid DLC. It's difficult to make it fit their model... They have a very unique franchise in terms of mechanics and balance, etc. But I don't think it's safe to say they absolutely never will, because we don't really know what the future holds ( I mean, we're getting a Switch game that's bound to shake things up). Even they only plan a few generations ahead, they weren't thinking about Kalos back in gen 3. Do I expect it this gen? Not really (but I expect some free DLC: Legendary giveaways, the usual. I COULD see them doing a patch for SuMo so they could battle and see the sprites and new forms. They may not, but they might.) Point is, it's possible.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Has anyone else heard anything about this mysterious Trailer, released in Japan, that has everyone talking? Apparently, it's some weird teaser, where it ties in old 4th Gen game play, with Anon, and SuMo footage... and says there will be information on the 19th. Apparently, the teaser is everywhere, and supposedly on the Pokemon Japan website, but I haven't been able to find anything. I also, however, do not speak Japanese. I've seen pieces of the teaser, but not the actual teaser trailer in it's entirety. Thoughts? Anyone heard or seen anything?

Edit: Totally not sure if this is allowed, but here is where I heard/seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okmP9cPEkc0

Status
Not open for further replies.