• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLK2707

I hope they add the Johto starters with Alolan forms. They should also do this with Shuckle, Ursaring, Lugia and Ho-Oh.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I think I'm in the minority when I say I can totally see this. Not putting my whole belief in it. But I'm certainly seeing it as a possibility. It's the most likely compared to the other crazy rumors

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I think I'm in the minority when I say I can totally see this. Not putting my whole belief in it. But I'm certainly seeing it as a possibility. It's the most likely compared to the other crazy rumors

That's another reason I believe it's fake. It appears to be going with the super safe route and almost exclusively talking about new Alolan forms. Anyone can come up with decent enough ideas for them, so it really doesn't credit the rumor to any degree.

JLK2707

That's another reason I believe it's fake. It appears to be going with the super safe route and almost exclusively talking about new Alolan forms. Anyone can come up with decent enough ideas for them, so it really doesn't credit the rumor to any degree.

I agree. It is better to hear from official sources.

.Aerodactyl.

I think the thing with all these rumors and leaks is that most are playing it safe and making educated guesses. I wouldn't be surprised if we got news early August because during Sumo they often released trailers in the beginning of the month. I wouldn't be surprised if this game has Alolan forms, or if there are gyms, etc. There's enough in the Sumo games to give us some ideas behind that.

Even if some of these "rumors" have things that pan out we have to be VERY sceptical based on what pans out. Most of us here if given a half hour could come up with plausible leaks based on what we know of past games and sumo, and some of it would probably even come true.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Found something cool while browsing PokeCommunity:

>29 new pokemon, of which 3 will be legendary/mythic
>2 new ultra beasts
>there are 5 gyms and 3 trials, the pokemon league stays as it was in sun and moon except for acerola being replaced by a new member of the elite four
>postgame will include catching ultra beasts and the battle tree but will also add 2 new small islands for a story similar to delta episode and this is how players will obtain marshadow

ShadowForce720

>2 new ultra beasts
>there are 5 gyms and 3 trials, the pokemon league stays as it was in sun and moon except for acerola being replaced by a new member of the elite four
>postgame will include catching ultra beasts and the battle tree but will also add 2 new small islands for a story similar to delta episode and this is how players will obtain marshadow

29 new pokemon? Now I can see new Alolan forms being introduce or even new Ultra Beast, but if your saying 29 new pokemon, that aren't Ultra Beast, Alolan forms, and/or Mega Evolutions or new forms, then I find it hard to believe. Also another thing that I have trouble believe is that it seems this rumor is saying that Marshadow will be catchable in the post-game which while it's true that Deoxy was made catchable in the post-game of ORAS it is also true that there was no event during the time of 6th generation that give it away so I find it hard to believe that Marshadow would made catchable in the post-game of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon when it just got an event from movie 20 where it was given away in the theaters of Japan.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
29 new pokemon? Now I can see new Alolan forms being introduce or even new Ultra Beast, but if your saying 29 new pokemon, that aren't Ultra Beast, Alolan forms, and/or Mega Evolutions or new forms, then I find it hard to believe. Also another thing that I have trouble believe is that it seems this rumor is saying that Marshadow will be catchable in the post-game which while it's true that Deoxy was made catchable in the post-game of ORAS it is also true that there was no event during the time of 6th generation that give it away so I find it hard to believe that Marshadow would made catchable in the post-game of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon when it just got an event from movie 20 where it was given away in the theaters of Japan.

Only way I see the Marshadow being able to be caught in the wild as true is if some event item is released that works similarly to Oak's Letter or the Eon Ticket.

ShadowForce720

Only way I see the Marshadow being able to be caught in the wild as true is if some event item is released that works similarly to Oak's Letter or the Eon Ticket.

yeah, well if it wasn't for the fact that there was that Marshadow event in Japan where if you go to the movie theater to see movie 20 in Japan you can receive a Marshadow then it would seem more plausible because we did have Deoxys become catchable in the ORAS Delta episode despite it originally being an event pokemon in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, but if Marshadow was going to be catchable in the wild in the post-game of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon then it would seem weird to have an event to get it in pokemon Sun and Moon even if that event winds up being exclusively in Japan, because why give it out as an event pokemon for Sun and Moon if it's going to be catchable in the wild in the Post-game of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon which is coming out this November.

I would think with the release of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon not being that far away that if Marshadow was going to be available in the post-game of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon that they would do any events for it for pokemon Sun and Moon and just have people wait until Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon comes out to get it.

Akashin

>2 new ultra beasts

That leak originated from 4chan, if I recall. The fact that it tries to claim that Marshadow will be available in-game despite there already being a Japanese event that the west will replicate in some form to get it should be proof enough of how valid a leak it is.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

>2 new ultra beasts

Marshadow catchable in-game? Yeah, that ain't happening. Maybe for an older Pokemon, and I'd love if that actually happened as with each generation the number of events only grow and it makes it harder for newer players to get event Pokemon. Seeing more event Pokemon lose their 'event' status would be more than fair. I wouldn't mind Mew being this region's, since the Mew crystal was so random in Sun/Moon. Given you have to transfer a Mew to actually use the darn thing.
Plus, America and other countries won't be getting Marshadow until after Ultra Sun/Moon's release..... possibly even next year given how long it takes us to get the new movies.

I doubt we'll see 29 new Pokemon too, there's no way they'd add that many Alolan formes and Ultra Beasts.
Just one tiny change to the Elite Four? And Gyms while Trials still exist?
This just sounds like another wishlist.... I doubt we'll see any actual new Pokemon at all. Only new Ultra Beasts and possibly an event if they want to sneak another in, given they're out of event mons to place in movies now.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I don't believe anything that comes from 4chan. It's just not a credible source. Anyway 29 new Pokemon mid-generation? I doubt it. Also catching Marshadow just doesn't seem plausible when they're currently distributing it as an event.

Prfctcellrulz

Shiny Pokémon Hunter
I'm getting worried because the games are less than 4 months from release and we have had no info at all about them. Why is Nintendo keeping these games top secret?!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm getting worried because the games are less than 4 months from release and we have had no info at all about them. Why is Nintendo keeping these games top secret?!

Platinum was announced May 2008, then released September 2008.
We only had Giratina's Origin Forme. Information didn't come until June, which was 3 months before launch.

B2W2 was announced February 2012, then released June 2012.
We only had Kyurem's Formes. Information didn't come until April, which was 2 months before launch.

With USUM, there's nothing to worry about.
At least we had a trailer which showed a few bits of aesthetic changes with the region, the new playable characters, as well as the mascot legend's new Formes.

*Based on Japanese release dates

Prfctcellrulz

Shiny Pokémon Hunter
Platinum was announced May 2008, then released September 2008.
We only had Giratina's Origin Forme. Information didn't come until June, which was 3 months before launch.

B2W2 was announced February 2012, then released June 2012.
We only had Kyurem's Formes. Information didn't come until April, which was 2 months before launch.

With USUM, there's nothing to worry about.
At least we had a trailer which showed a few bits of aesthetic changes with the region, the new playable characters, as well as the mascot legend's new Formes.

*Based on Japanese release dates

I sure hope you're right...

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Even if it wasn't normal, what does it matter? There's really no reason to worry.

True, leaking a lot of information like they did with ORAS isn't always the best choice. Leaving some or most things to be surprises is always a great thing. Let us discover most of the new stuff ourselves.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 10.00.21 AM.jpg

Ok call me crazy, and I'm probably making something out of nothing here...but.... On the Amazon description for the Official Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Guide, it says an " Updated Map"...... Which to me personally, kinda hints that there will be at least a new location or two, or that the islands have been expanded on or something..Otherwise, if it were the same, there would be no need to update the map....

Like I said, grasping but with the lack of any real news, and being left to my own devices, I gotta come up with something! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.