• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
People are hungry for information, and some people take advantage of that to get attention.

Official sources usually announce on Twitter if they're about to show something. And we got none.

JLK2707

Have y'all seen the leak saying there's a trailer on August 2nd? It says that the trailer will reveal gyms, as well as Alolan hoothoot (psychic/flying), wooper (electric), and hoppip (fire/fairy) and Lycanroc eclipse which is rock/fairy

Can you please post the link for this?

Thure

Have y'all seen the leak saying there's a trailer on August 2nd? It says that the trailer will reveal gyms, as well as Alolan hoothoot (psychic/flying), wooper (electric), and hoppip (fire/fairy) and Lycanroc eclipse which is rock/fairy

Most leaks which call a specific date are nearly allways fake. I can't remember any leak which predicted a trailer and was credible.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Most leaks which call a specific date are nearly allways fake. I can't remember any leak which predicted a trailer and was credible.

Wasn't there a trailer date that was leaked and turned out to be true for SM? I think it was the one that showed off the final evolutions of the Starters.

Viola

Meteor ready!
One theory I've been seeing around internet lately that's getting annoying is that people are starting to think that we haven't got any new info of Ultra Sun & Moon since Game Freak's punishing us for the SM leaks last year. I admit it's odd that we haven't heard anything new about the games yet, but I can't help but find it ridiculous that people are starting to act like this.

It's not unusual in the slightest, people just have selective memories.

Sun and Moon were announced in February 2016 and after the initial trailer, it wasn't until May that we got anything else.
X and Y went from being announced in January until May with nothing but a few brief teases about Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo.

The game isn't out until November, there's no reason to start the hype machine so early and so far, this is perfectly consistent with every other past game.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Didn't initial SuMo news come really slowly before they started dropping trailers, like, every other week in the couple of months leading to the game's release? And most of that was Pokémon anyway. So, what could people possibly be expecting at this point?

ebevan91

If it was real, TPCi would inform us of a trailer coming at least a week before said date. Yeah, it's fake.

Most likely so, but they dropped that ORAS reveal trailer out of nowhere so there's always a slight chance.

Akashin

Didn't initial SuMo news come really slowly before they started dropping trailers, like, every other week in the couple of months leading to the game's release? And most of that was Pokémon anyway. So, what could people possibly be expecting at this point?

Not really. Semi-frequent trailers started quite some time before the games came out, and that was with games that had a release period almost twice as long as these games are getting. And between new forms and new features, there's plenty for them to theoretically show off.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Wasn't there a trailer date that was leaked and turned out to be true for SM? I think it was the one that showed off the final evolutions of the Starters.

No, there wasn't. I believe it was a leak that said the Final Evolutions were the ones from the initial leak, and that they would be revealed soon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Have you guys heard about this leak with the new Eeveelution and Lillie's USUM design? Some guy on Twitter posted a pic that showed a page of CoroCoro featuring them, but can't find any links on where this first originated.

Here's the tweet with the pic in question

It was immediately apparent to me that the Lillie artwork was just sitting on top of the page, making this an obvious photo shop job in my opinion.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Yeah, it seems fake. And I'm kinda disappointed since I really like her attire there. I secretly hope for a new "Z-powered form" of hers in USUM but don't expect a new Eeveelution in this gen.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I think its fake, mainly because of the artstyle. And also because a new Eeveelution seems unlikely at this point

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Have you guys heard about this leak with the new Eeveelution and Lillie's USUM design? Some guy on Twitter posted a pic that showed a page of CoroCoro featuring them, but can't find any links on where this first originated.

Here's the tweet with the pic in question

It is FAKE. The art style differs from any official artwork.
Pretty sure Japanese people can also tell that the text is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.