• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bariokie

rock dog

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm not buying the whole 'revealed form' of Mimikyu being a thing. Mimikyu's entire thing is being so horrendous that looking at it directly kills you. That gimmick is broken if the player can just look at its revealed form without dying. Plus the thing is far more interesting as long as you don't know what's actually under that rug. The reality can't ever be as interesting as leaving it up to the audience's imagination.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Because "the scan" is from a Korean magazine @_@

Mimikyu's entire thing is being so horrendous that looking at it directly kills you.

Hey, who says this trait can't change. Maybe with a certain amount of taming, Mimikyu can cease to do that and accept itself for how it is.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I'm not buying the whole 'revealed form' of Mimikyu being a thing. Mimikyu's entire thing is being so horrendous that looking at it directly kills you. That gimmick is broken if the player can just look at its revealed form without dying. Plus the thing is far more interesting as long as you don't know what's actually under that rug. The reality can't ever be as interesting as leaving it up to the audience's imagination.

Omg I think the same way as u

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Back during Sun and Moon's pre-release period, many people speculated that Mimikyu would get another form, either removing its sheet or disguising itself as a different Pokémon. Back then I didn't agree with either viewpoint, and I still don't now. Mimikyu's entire identity as a Pokémon is based upon the fact that it wears this sheet to look like Pikachu. Remove its sheet or make it look like a different Pokémon, and suddenly you've ruined the entire purpose of Mimikyu. For that reason, I doubt Mimikyu will be getting a new form, and if it does, it won't be something that anyone expects.

ShadowForce720

Back during Sun and Moon's pre-release period, many people speculated that Mimikyu would get another form, either removing its sheet or disguising itself as a different Pokémon. Back then I didn't agree with either viewpoint, and I still don't now. Mimikyu's entire identity as a Pokémon is based upon the fact that it wears this sheet to look like Pikachu. Remove its sheet or make it look like a different Pokémon, and suddenly you've ruined the entire purpose of Mimikyu. For that reason, I doubt Mimikyu will be getting a new form, and if it does, it won't be something that anyone expects.

Actually it having a form change like removing the sheet or making it look different would not ruin the entire purpose of Mimikyu, it seems like you misunderstand Mimikyu's purpose as to why it wears the sheet, it's because Mimikyu wears it because it wants to make friends and be accepted and it thinks if it doesn't wear the sheet no one will want to be it's friend and accept, so an explanation for why it would remove the sheet could be that when a trainer gains enough of Mimikyu's trust and Mimikyu realize that it's trainer or the person will accept no matter what it looks like it realizes it doesn't need the sheet any more and comes to accept itself and even be proud of what it looks like and having a friend that will accept for who it is.

There it gives an acceptable explanation and for the form change and it doesn't ruin Mimikyu's purpose.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Orphalesion

Mimikyu's entire thing is being so horrendous that looking at it directly kills you.

And supposedly looking into the hole in Shedinja's back sucks out your soul. Yet this doesn't happen. Plus, that's not really Mimikyu's "entire thing"

Anyway the new Mimikyu form is fake. Not really fazed by that, it looked pretty unimaginative.

ShadowForce720

And supposedly looking into the hole in Shedinja's back sucks out your soul. Yet this doesn't happen. Plus, that's not really Mimikyu's "entire thing"

Anyway the new Mimikyu form is fake. Not really fazed by that, it looked pretty unimaginative.

Even so I wouldn't be that surprised if a new form form for Mimikyu winds up getting revealed soon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Actually it having a form change like removing the sheet or making it look different would not ruin the entire purpose of Mimikyu, it seems like you misunderstand Mimikyu's purpose as to why it wears the sheet, it's because Mimikyu wears it because it wants to make friends and be accepted and it thinks if it doesn't wear the sheet no one will want to be it's friend and accept, so an explanation for why it would remove the sheet could be that when a trainer gains enough of Mimikyu's trust and Mimikyu realize that it's trainer or the person will accept no matter what it looks like it realizes it doesn't need the sheet any more and comes to accept itself and even be proud of what it looks like and having a friend that will accept for who it is.

There it gives an acceptable explanation and for the form change and it doesn't ruin Mimikyu's purpose.

I meant more from a design standpoint than a lore standpoint. It is designed to be a Pokémon that is always concealed. That's simply what it is, regardless of what could make sense from a lore perspective. It's identity as a Pokémon is built around that core aspect. Taking away its sheet would be like designing a new Unown that isn't based off of writing. There's no in-universe reason why it couldn't happen, but it would ruin the most major aspect of its design.

It's having a form that looks like a different Pokémon that wouldn't make sense from the lore side of things.

ShadowForce720

I meant more from a design standpoint than a lore standpoint. It is designed to be a Pokémon that is always concealed. That's simply what it is, regardless of what could make sense from a lore perspective. It's identity as a Pokémon is built around that core aspect. Taking away its sheet would be like designing a new Unown that isn't based off of writing. There's no in-universe reason why it couldn't happen, but it would ruin the most major aspect of its design.

It's having a form that looks like a different Pokémon that wouldn't make sense from the lore side of things.

The problem is that it's core aspect comes from is it's lore not it's design, in fact if you go back and look at it when it was first revealed a lot of people hated and disliked it and were bashing it for it's design, it wasn't until Mimikyu's lore got reveal that it started gaining more popularity and actually becoming a popular pokemon. So giving it a different form where you would take away it's sheet isn't ruining Mimikyu wouldn't really ruin it's design aspect but instead expand upon it.

Plus it's not the same situation as Unown as they did not choose to look like letters of the alphabet, and it's unclear if people created the Alphabet before they saw the unown or if people seeing the Unown inspired them to make the Alphabet based off the shapes of Unown that they saw. Where as in Mimikyu's case there not born with the sheet in-universe they are born without it and create the disguise themselves, but it's something they choose to do because they want to make friends and they think it will help them if anything it would make sense that Mimikyu would get a form where we get to see it without the sheet.

I mean if a form changes makes sense for a pokemon then I don't see how it would really ruin the design of said pokemon. As for having a form that looks like a different pokemon not making sense lore wise, that's not really true, because you could explain by the idea that, that particular Mimikyu grew up in an area where the most popular pokemon in the town wasn't Pikachu, like for instance say one lived Azalea Town in Johto where Slowpokes are pretty popular, if a Mimikyu lived there it would probably create a disguise that looks like a Slowpoke, thinking that it will help it make friends.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'm not buying the whole 'revealed form' of Mimikyu being a thing. Mimikyu's entire thing is being so horrendous that looking at it directly kills you.

Shedinja's is also looking in the hole in it's back will steal your soul, yet a trainer is always looking at their Shedinja's back in battle.

I meant more from a design standpoint than a lore standpoint. It is designed to be a Pokémon that is always concealed.

It's a Pokemon that conceals itself, it has an actual form under that cloth, or did you forget that? Plus it's disguise is 'busted' after being damaged. This form is in no way farfetched or unlikely.

Last edited:

Akashin

It's a Pokemon that conceals itself, it has an actual form under that cloth, or did you forget that? Plus it's disguise is 'busted' after being damaged. This form is in no way farfetched or unlikely.

...But what does any of this have to do with what he said? Mimikyu, as its name implies, is a Pokemon whose entire concept is centered on its use of a disguise (I'm not really sure what there is to make the idea of a new form for it not unlikely either, but okay). And it's still disguised even when its disguise is busted, so I'm not really sure what you were getting at there.

I could very easily see an exclusive Z-Move for Mimikyu where it allows enemies a glimpse under its disguise as part of its attack (which may or may not be what was shown in the trailer), but I can't see them giving Mimikyu a form where it discards the disguise entirely.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
...But what does any of this have to do with what he said? Mimikyu, as its name implies, is a Pokemon whose entire concept is centered on its use of a disguise (I'm not really sure what there is to make the idea of a new form for it not unlikely either, but okay). And it's still disguised even when its disguise is busted, so I'm not really sure what you were getting at there.

I could very easily see an exclusive Z-Move for Mimikyu where it allows enemies a glimpse under its disguise as part of its attack (which may or may not be what was shown in the trailer), but I can't see them giving Mimikyu a form where it discards the disguise entirely.

What I'm saying is the 'cloth' is not the Pokemon, so the likelihood of them making a form of Mimikyu without the cloth is in no way unlikely. Sure, it's concept is using a disguise, but it also has the concept of being a 'hideous creature' beneath it.

Akashin

What I'm saying is the 'cloth' is not the Pokemon, so the likelihood of them making a form of Mimikyu without the cloth is in no way unlikely. Sure, it's concept is using a disguise, but it also has the concept of being a 'hideous creature' beneath it.

I mean, not unlikely insofar as it's not impossible, I suppose. I still can't really see why anybody would expect them to give it a form that involves disgarding the gimmick that it's defined by, but to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.