• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Unlike Diglett's legs, the Anime seems to be trying to gradually show us Mimikyu without it's cloth, even though the game doesn't. I'll be surpriesd if this doesn't reach a conclusion.

I agree. I think part of Mimikyu's story could be that once you get it happy enough and maybe something more too, it can be "confident" in the world, making it change forms. Maybe it's just never been done? I personally think Mimikyu's thing is confidence issues, not the fact is just disguises itself. But that's for people to take for themselves.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Unlike Diglett's legs, the Anime seems to be trying to gradually show us Mimikyu without it's cloth, even though the game doesn't. I'll be surpriesd if this doesn't reach a conclusion.

I don't really think so. The way the anime is handling it, I think its more of a recurring gag playing with Mimikyu's lore, rather than an actual reveal.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Can you name an example of a form that has broken away from the original concept? The only one I can think of is Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash.

All the alolan forms break away from the original concept. That's their 'gimmick' in a sense.

My point is that forms don't ALWAYS have to stick to the actual original concept of the original form. All forms have their own concepts. The genies are probably the most notable here as their original concepts were kamis, and their incarnate forms have different concepts being beasts, but they retain the concept of 'wind, thunder, earth'.

A new Mimikyu form that sheds the cloth doesn't completely flip the table nor does it not make sense. Standard Mimikyu's concept is a 'hideous' ghost that wants to be loved and does so by hiding it's true appearance. A form shedding the cloth could just mean it doesn't need to hide behind the cloth anymore due to it feeling loved. It still retains the original concept of a 'hideous' ghost that wants to be loved. That's the basic concept.

Thure

All the alolan forms break away from the original concept. That's their 'gimmick' in a sense.

My point is that forms don't ALWAYS have to stick to the actual original concept of the original form. All forms have their own concepts. The genies are probably the most notable here as their original concepts were kamis, and their incarnate forms have different concepts being beasts, but they retain the concept of 'wind, thunder, earth'.

A new Mimikyu form that sheds the cloth doesn't completely flip the table nor does it not make sense. Standard Mimikyu's concept is a 'hideous' ghost that wants to be loved and does so by hiding it's true appearance. A form shedding the cloth could just mean it doesn't need to hide behind the cloth anymore due to it feeling loved. It still retains the original concept of a 'hideous' ghost that wants to be loved. That's the basic concept.

But it hides because of the curse. Not because only it's want to be loved.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
But it hides because of the curse. Not because only it's want to be loved.

Mimikyu actually hides under cover because sunlight is deadly to it so it poses as Pikachu not only to make friends but also for protection. One of the Dex entries make that clear. A sunny region such as Alola is hazardous to Mimikyu's health. A region with less sun such as Sinnoh would be more ideal for it to shed its cloth. Most likely Snowpoint City or Sinjoh Ruin's region since they are far north.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Mimikyu actually hides under cover because sunlight is deadly to it so it poses as Pikachu not only to make friends but also for protection. One of the Dex entries make that clear. A sunny region such as Alola is hazardous to Mimikyu's health. A region with less sun such as Sinnoh would be more ideal for it to shed its cloth. Most likely Snowpoint City or Sinjoh Ruin's region since they are far north.

SO max happiness and make it hold a sunscreen bottle?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

True, but we're not talking about Alolan Mimikyu here.

You pointed it out yourself how those three don't change concept as much as you might think at first, so what does it really mean?

And what I'm arguing is that that remaining hidden part is more important than your claiming. Mimikyu is literally the only Pokémon that completely hides its entire body from view. When a Pokémon is the only one to do something significant and gimmicky like that, I would think it's a pretty big part of its identity.

There are several reasons why Mimikyu hides. There's the Sun, there's protecting others from its curse, and there's trying to gain affection by looking like Pikachu. All these reasons are woven together to make Mimikyu what it is.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That artwork of Mimikyu's true form has been confirmed fake.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I found a picture of a Spanish magazine with an article on USUM. According to it, Solgaleo/Lunala are fused with Necrozma and you are able to go to Sinnoh in the postgame.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I really doubt that one's true. Making the entire Sinnoh region for the post-game seems very excessive, Sinnoh is huge. I'd love it if it were true, because I love Sinnoh with its varied environments with forests, volcanoes, beaches, frozen mountains, caves, flowerbeds, and lakes, and I'd love to see it in 3D, but I'm sceptical. It sounds too good to be true to be honest.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I found a picture of a Spanish magazine with an article on USUM. According to it, Solgaleo/Lunala are fused with Necrozma and you are able to go to Sinnoh in the postgame.

The Necrozma Fusion seem plausible given how Kyurem can do it but I think the Sinnoh post game may be fake. Sinnoh is a big region and you had to go through Mt. Coronet so many times before finally going up the mountain to reach Spear Pillar. I don't think that it's possible to condense Sinnoh into a post game. Plus the post game story if there is one itself would be noticeably longer than the actual game which isn't a good thing.

Akashin

The Necrozma Fusion seem plausible given how Kyurem can do it but I think the Sinnoh post game may be fake. Sinnoh is a big region and you had to go through Mt. Coronet so many times before finally going up the mountain to reach Spear Pillar. I don't think that it's possible to condense Sinnoh into a post game.

Going to [Insert Region Here; Kalos, as the case was in SM] isn't really a new thing as far as rumors and 'leaks' go, and it's no more likely now than it was then. It made sense with Kanto and Johto; the only way I could ever see it being done again is if they at some point wanted to step up their Gen I favoritism game, and I'd certainly never bet any money on it happening.

Plus the post game story if there is one itself would be noticeably longer than the actual game which isn't a good thing.

Not really. A big region in and of itself doesn't make something long; Kanto and Johto are pretty similar in terms of size, but nobody would argue that the back nine take as long as the front nine there, so to speak. That's especially true in this case, where the extra focus on story alone would pad out the main game in a way the post-game wouldn't be.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

I know you said it was proven fake, but what's the merit of even considering to trust a Spanish magazine? Magazines are almost always going to be secondary sources of news, with the exception of CoroCoro, especially when they're a non-Japanese magazine. So if some random, non-Japanese magazine claims to have information revealed nowhere else, it's almost certainly fake or misinformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.