• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Gyms and following Pokemon seem decomfirmed

And the new building doesnt seem to be so intruiging..
Seems to be something similiar to Pkemon Studios which I wasnt so fond of

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Guys, why this picture confirms Gyms not returning? I don't really get it...

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Guys, why this picture confirms Gyms not returning? I don't really get it...

There have been several empty area lots ( like 7-8 I think?) across Alola, which hinted at it being replaced by Gyms in USUM eventualy. But the new building in the leaked picture doesnt resemble a Gym at all, unfortunatelly...

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
There have been several empty area lots ( like 7-8 I think?) across Alola, which hinted at it being replaced by Gyms in USUM eventualy. But the new building in the leaked picture doesnt resemble a Gym at all, unfortunatelly...

They can still be located in the Trial areas, for example:)

shadowF

Maybe some rumors will be confirmed true or be debunked today!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I think walking Pokémon might be an optional feature (that you can turn on and off) in USUM. That Rockruff definitely was following the player from the moment the sequence was shown to the end of it, with a realistic delay, which was to be expected considering these games are open and free. Back in HGSS, the Pokémon had to follow you closely and in line because the games had a grid-based walking system.
I don't think the Wingull in the first footage video is another example of that feature, but that Rockruff doesn't appear to have been in the overworld seconds before the shot. And the way it's reacting ? Definitely looks to be the player's.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Following Pokemon is definitely back in some form. Since we only see Rockruff shown doing it, my guess is maybe it's something 'special' with the event Rockruff? I'm not getting my hopes up too high but it definitely seems to be back in some form.

SurrealistSmeargle

That area appeared to be Route 1. So, no.
He said analogous to, not identical. No reason Route 1 can't be enabled the same way Amity Square was. TBH this is pretty much what I would expect. Select areas were you're allowed to let a pokemon out of their pokeballs and play with them in the overworld. If following pokemon were ever to come back, I'd expect them to need to do something like this to trial it first anyway, the same way Amity functioned for HG/SS. I'm not 100% sold on this being a following pokemon scenario, but it feels weird to me that the pokemon is emoting without it being your pokemon. If it were just a standard overworld NPC pokemon, I'd expect it to just do the following and running, not the little cheery emote too. It's very reminiscent of the kinds you would get from talking to your following pokemon in HG/SS.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Yeah, I'm not expecting a following mechanic. But the music note emote would be very out-of-place just to give to a random Rockruff. Maybe the event one gets to be your little buddy like some others have suggested. Or maybe it's totally random and we're all reading too much into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.