• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors/Leaks Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I don't think we are getting new Alolan Forms, they would have revealed at least one by now :-/ And the new version exclusives posted on Serebii's twitter don't show any either. So any leak mentioned some is fake, imho.

Nothing would make me happier than being wrong in this regard, but I don't think I am...

There not on some time limit to reveal some new Alolan forms and there is still time left for them to reveal some. Also no just because they didn't show some version exclusives and the post that was on Serebii's twitter does not mean that there aren't any and that those are the only version exclusive pokemon that were going to see in USUM, as that was only showing all the ones that we already knew about.

Look you keep saying that oh will if there was going to be some new Alolan forms that they would have revealed them by now as if Gamefreak is chained to some time limit you set, when their not. Look just because they haven't revealed one yet doesn't mean that there aren't any as at the end of the day Gamefreak is the one that chooses when they want to reveal information including any new Alolan forms, so if they don't want to reveal them yet, that doesn't mean that there aren't any it just means that they choose to keep it hidden for longer.

If they can keep brand new Ultra Beast hidden for a long period of time then there is no reason to think why they couldn't hide new Alolan forms for a long period of time.

Thure

I don't think we are getting new Alolan Forms, they would have revealed at least one by now :-/ And the new version exclusives posted on Serebii's twitter don't show any either. So any leak mentioned some is fake, imho.

Nothing would make me happier than being wrong in this regard, but I don't think I am...

The poster just show the version exclusives we already know about. The poster never claimed to show ALL version exclusives.

desdar300

Alot of you'll are out of the Chinese loop .
The riddler still post leaks but its on this Chinese site that's basically a discount Twitter.
He's popped up periodically during the USUM promotion cycle to say some stuff and now he's backing this new rumor.

Dragoness Abivelus

Dragon Trainer
Any leaks about 2 features I'd love to see: Pokemon following the trainer and riding Charizard Fly like Latias/Latios in ORAS?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The riddler still post leaks but its on this Chinese site that's basically a discount Twitter.
He's popped up periodically during the USUM promotion cycle to say some stuff and now he's backing this new rumor.

Oh, is that so? Now I'm curious about it. Any possibility of listing all what he had said?

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Oh, is that so? Now I'm curious about it. Any possibility of listing all what he had said?

From what I have gathered, he seems to have confirmed the leaks about all the evil team bosses coming back and there being new Alolan Formes. And he said something about UB Burst being designed before SM's release and apparently he had a riddle about it last year, too. He also hinted Adhesive having an evolution/forme of some sort.

And something about Giratina being caught in Distortion World, through the Ultra Wormholes which sounds too good to be true.

Thure

So... has anyone even a source for this claims about the Chinese riddler? If he claim all this things it must be somewhere online.

future.newyorker

All that there is is that 1 single page, and honestly, no one can prove that it was him. So I don’t believe it as being true at all.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I think that maybe the return of the evil team’s leaders may be the postgame episode. It would make for a very interesting one. You could even be tasked by Looker to go through the Ultra Wormholes to the previous regions to stop the team’s leaders from accomplishing their goals, or if their goals have already been accomplished like the rumor says, to unseat them from power. That could also be how you go about finding and catching previous legendaries.

Last edited:

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Just wanted to make sure...This is fake right?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJVpcFWUMAAycVW.jpg

Ugh that looks so good and I want it but it is probably fake

Well it hinges on whether we can find the original 2chan post or whatever, and see if it was really posted before those UBs were announced. I believe the six UBs it mentioned were "UB Burst, UB Lay (Assembly), UB Sticky (Adhesive), UB Eyelashes, UB Freeze, and UB Pet".

I need to see what Eyelashes and Freeze look like

I hope you are wrong too
Oh snap
From what I have gathered, he seems to have confirmed the leaks about all the evil team bosses coming back and there being new Alolan Formes. And he said something about UB Burst being designed before SM's release and apparently he had a riddle about it last year, too. He also hinted Adhesive having an evolution/forme of some sort.

And something about Giratina being caught in Distortion World, through the Ultra Wormholes which sounds too good to be true.

This sounds like everything we wanted/thought of, and while I trust GF, I dont trust them that much.

shadowF

I really want to give credit to the people from Bulbagarden forums from the thread "Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)" Because they were the ones following through with this and have been making investigations on all this regarding the Chinese riddler. The link to the thread is this:https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/rumours-fakes-leaks-discussion-thread-v2.226872/

But basically a brief summary and why the 4chan leak I posted is picking up steam is because on Tieba (which is a Chinese social media platform) the Chinese riddler has been talking a lot about the 4chan leak with his friends and also talking about other small interesting tibets. Some of them are:

-Apparently the way they know of these leaks is because their friends work in the Chinese translation teams.

-When the Chinese Riddler was hinting at stuff last year, he saw a lot of Junichi Masuda's tweets actually hint at stuff to be revealed so they believe the Rainbow Rocket leak to be real since Junichi Masuda posted a picture of himself with the past villain's ace Pokemon.

-The team which worked on USUM was 80 people, which is only half of Sun and Moon.

- Japanese players should use the Roto Loto to get items, since apparently it's beneficial.

-UB Burst was designed before SM was released but the Chinese riddler didn't know it was an Ultra Beast or based on fireworks though he did hint at the Pokemon in his riddles.

-The 4chan wishlist leak and the leak I posted (let's call it the RR leak) came from a friend of his that he has been discussing a lot about.

-The Grass/Poison Pokemon which is an Alolan form from Generation one is Oddish (so expect Alolan Oddish)

-There are also other Alolan form Pokemon Generation 1.

-RR is short for Rainbow Rocket. The evil teams' bosses use legendary pokemon and they are summoned by Giovanni (in real world of Alola) from alternate universes.

-Giratina is caught in distortion world through the wormhole.

-The riddler posted a picture showing all the villains from past Pokemon Generations which hints at Rainbow Rocket.

-The wording on the Japanese site seems to hint at UB Adhesive getting an evolution or at least a form change

-He and his friends do not really care about USUM as they are talking more about Generation 8 coming out in the Switch.

All thanks goes to lavandula and crobatair from Bulbagarden forums who were the ones who translated and searched for these things from the Chinese riddler. In the end this may all be fake or it may be true but you cannot deny the fact that a lot of this seems to have back up evidence that this may be true. The fact that the Chinese riddler got a lot of stuff last year to be true, Junichi Masuda posting a picture of himself with the past villain's teams aces, a Team Rocket event happening next Wednesday and hints at a big post game episode happening but they cannot talk about yet. There is also a interview talking about the festival plaza and they said there will be an addition to the festival plaza related the battle system from past games and that UB Adhesive has a different relationship with people and you will find more about that in USUM.

There may be some stuff that I forgot to include but this is all the news regarding the Chinese riddler that I have found online. Again the 4chan leaks that they talk about that they believe to be true are the 4chan Wishlist leak and the RR leak:https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/33787032/more-usum-leaks.

So basically in the next several weeks look out for:

-Alolan Oddish

-New evolution/form for UB Adhesive

-Rainbow Rocket (past villains from alternate dimensions where they won unite under Giovanni)

-Molayne being in the Elite four

-Festival Plaza Battle facility

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
About the Festival Plaza Battle Factory, this is from the Portuguese interview

"The Festival Plaza is an important part of the world we created, so it is still there. However, we added some functionalities like Alola Photo Club, where you can take photos and save them and/or share them with other players. The basis for this is Festival Plaza. There is also another new addition in this area, but we can't talk about it at the moment. We can only say it's related to the battle system of previous games."

future.newyorker

About the Festival Plaza Battle Factory, this is from the Portuguese interview

"The Festival Plaza is an important part of the world we created, so it is still there. However, we added some functionalities like Alola Photo Club, where you can take photos and save them and/or share them with other players. The basis for this is Festival Plaza. There is also another new addition in this area, but we can't talk about it at the moment. We can only say it's related to the battle system of previous games."

I could see this also applying to Triple/Rotation/Inverse Battles though.

Ultra Beast Lover

If Rainbow Rocket is real then I expect a lot of jokes like, "Why have our counterparts from this realm all been beaten by kids?" And "how did we lose to a kid, are the kids here stronger or something?!" Of course you guys also realize that this'd make our characters canonically the most epic Pokemon protagonists right? Right alongside Wes, Red, and May/Brenden

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Rainbow Rocket sounds like a typical fanservice crossover type deal in terms of story since a couple of the villains shouldn't have plans that succeed and I don't think most of them would play nice with each other. With that said, it could be a fun mode at the very least, though it'd be odd to think of a story where say Hilbert/Hilda don't get N to change his ways or Hoenn was dried up/buried in the ocean/destroyed by a meteorite since Brendan/May failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.