• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Pulse

Here is how I tend to associate all of villainous team leaders with the seven deadly sins including vanity, which could maybe hint at what Team Star's Leader will be about.

Giovanni - Greed; sees pokémon as tools for profit.
Maxie and Archie - Gluttony; they each want something in excess, expanding the land and ocean respectively.
Cyrus - Vanity; thinks himself perfect and wants to reshape the universe in his image.
Ghetsis - Pride; deems himself as some sort of God, I think...
Lysandre - Wrath; hates and seeks to destroy the current world.
Guzma - Envy; in the anime at least, he is jealous of Kukui and wants to prove himself better than him by destroying his dream.
Piers - Sloth; not bad, but lacks ambition and interest in making himself and his gym more renowned.

So maybe lust for Team Star's Leader?
I feel like I'd perhaps swap Cyrus and Lysandre. Lysandre was all about beauty and was very vain in the way he saw things.

Ultra Beast Lover

Sprigatito is gonna struggle with these routes, especially Team Star, being weak in all but one of those fights. Quaxly and Fuecoco are fine though.

I'm just hoping that Sprigatito gets some more coverage moves so that it can hit a few more types.

Akashin

I feel like I'd perhaps swap Cyrus and Lysandre. Lysandre was all about beauty and was very vain in the way he saw things.
He was all about beauty, and he was vain to an extent, but Lysandre’s core trait was his hatred of most of humanity, and it was that hatred that primarily drove his actions. He didn’t see the world as beautiful; he saw potential beauty in it, muddied by the things he hated.

That said, as someone else noted, vanity is not in and of itself a deadly sin; it’s an interpretation of Pride, so that’s what I would give to Cyrus. Ghetsis is a clear choice for Lust (though in reality, he and Giovanni could each equally fit as either Greed or Lust).

Rune Knight

I think Lusamine is lust tbh, and Vanity is just another name for Pride, it's not it's own sin.

Well at least for this list, I was only considering the Villain Team Leaders since those are usually guaranteed inclusions.

I included vanity mainly because of Persona 5; since all of the main bosses in that game are modelled after a deadly sin and vanity is included as its own; but I agree that it is mostly an extension of pride.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon all say hello.

Sun/Moon for the Unova starters and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon for the Kalos starters.
So, not a single Switch game, then. Then, I hope this leak is true.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The first post have been updated with all the current leaks. As well as a highlight system for better tracking of what's confirmed or not.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Are we gonna have another BDSP incident? Hopefully not or it’s fixed easily with a patch that’s not far away from the release

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Are we gonna have another BDSP incident? Hopefully not or it’s fixed easily with a patch that’s not far away from the release
Both BDSP and PLA had a Day One Patch. Since they are the two most recent entries we can assume that there will be one for SV. On the other hand, both LGPE and SwSh did not need Day One Patches. So 50% of the main series games on the Switch needed an initial patch meaning this could go either way. Whichever is true, the game will undoubtedly receive a patch or two down the line.

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
As the first open world game from them I do expect a lot of bugs, I certainly would wait a month or two after release to start playing after the correction patches... If I had any self-control, so instead I'll just expect not to run into too many bugs and play on day one anyway

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Day 1 patches should be expected now. These games are a lot more complicated, and there will be a lot of bugs that will be found and squashed between the code freeze for release to manufacturing (ie - putting it on physical carts) and release day.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Releasing games with bugs sound very un professional to me
There is no such thing as bug free software. Large codebases mean bugs. And as these games get more complicated, there will be more bugs that don't get caught during development. The priority will be placed on the game breaking bugs for the ones that do get caught.

If they waited for the game to be completely bug free, it would never get released.

every game company does it more or less.

they have quotas to meet for game release, hence why they often deal with bugs all at once via day 1 patches.
It's not just game companies. Every software company does it. Microsoft, Google, Apple, pretty much any enterprise software company, open source projects...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Gen I was laden with bugs with quite a few being so bad that they’d completely ruin any game file if encountered. Yes the MissinNo glitch to get hundreds of Nuggets and instant Lv 100 Pokémon was fun to pull off but it still is an error within the games themselves. Every video/computer game that isn’t basic and simple like Solitaire or Minesweeper has at least one mistake in them.

scififan21

It depends on how noticable bugs/glitchs are in a game if rendered unplayable by a game-breaking glitch on day one. That is incuseable for people that buy a game and expect it to function correctly. Minor bugs are not as much of an issue however, because those can be dealt with accordingly over time. If I buy a 60 + dollar game I expect it to work with minimal problems. The technology and the amount of people testing has surely increased since Gen 1 enough to warrent more checks.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
If it requires computer coding it will have bugs. That’s part of coding, unfortunately. Even game patches could cause bugs. The Daybreak update for PLA caused a bug prevent players from receiving the shiny charm. There will never be a “bug free” computer/video game.

There is no such thing as bug free software.
This. That’s all I have to say.

Gen I was laden with bugs with quite a few being so bad that they’d completely ruin any game file if encountered. Yes the MissinNo glitch to get hundreds of Nuggets and instant Lv 100 Pokémon was fun to pull off but it still is an error within the games themselves. Every video/computer game that isn’t basic and simple like Solitaire or Minesweeper has at least one mistake in them.
Even Solitaire and Minesweeper have bugs. They just aren’t easily exploited due to the simple programming. The original games are very well put together games for the time period they were released in. They just would never pass testing in today’s computer age.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Ofc every software has bugs, I know that cuz I am a Data & Algorithm Engineer =]
But if a game has too many of them pre release, it is beneficial to delay the game release to make more checks and fixes..
To minimize said bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.