• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge

Apparently Ka before he left confirmed the recent pic is the fish Pokemon.

So, ya, probably the Hake Pokemon.

I wonder what the second type could be.

The colour of the eye makes me think poison but we already have a good number of poison lines now.

Maybe it'll be part Psychic or Ghost type? I guess the grey colour could also point to steel type?

Kaka's gone? Guess we're back in the Dark Ages

I feel like Kaka has left a couple times now.

I'm not sure if I buy that.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I wonder what the second type could be.

The colour of the eye makes me think poison but we already have a good number of poison lines now.

Maybe it'll be part Psychic or Ghost type? I guess the grey colour could also point to steel type?

I feel like Kaka has left a couple times now.

I'm not sure if I buy that.
Ya I'm leaning to Water/Ghost myself, since the species are known to thrive in deep waters and Khu used the term 'Abyssal' for it.

Ya Ka has left a few time, but after dealing with a lot of toxic followers and his own mental health, he's left. If he comes back is unknown.

EDIT: Seems Ka has still been answering questions from his backlog.

With the use of emojis it seems:

Flower-Mon is Poison/Rock
Kame Rider may actually be Bug/Dark
3rd Paldean Tauros seems to actually be Fighting/Water not Fighting/Ice

Chandelure not in game...so no fire tera chandelier on the the chandelier....

Paradox Jigglypuff keeps Fairy typing
Paradox Gallade keeps Fighting typing
Paradox Amoonguss keeps grass typing

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

Hydreigon literally just got added. So from here until the games release I think that there is always time for additional Pokémon.
I believe the latest rumor had 2 pseudo-legendaries not making the cut. That doesn't mean they couldn't be added to the DLC, but for now they're not in the game. Dragonite is almost certainly in the game from the first trailer. They showed Larvitar and Bagon being traded, so they're in the game. Hydreigon was shown in a trailer. Metagross, Goodra, Kommo-o, and Dragapult are the remaining pseudo-legendaries.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I believe the latest rumor had 2 pseudo-legendaries not making the cut. That doesn't mean they couldn't be added to the DLC, but for now they're not in the game. Dragonite is almost certainly in the game from the first trailer. They showed Larvitar and Bagon being traded, so they're in the game. Hydreigon was shown in a trailer. Metagross, Goodra, Kommo-o, and Dragapult are the remaining pseudo-legendaries.
Its been confirmed by Kaka that Metagross isn't in the game, Both of them said Goodra doesn't get anything so sounds like its in the game to also allow Hisuian Goodra to be transferred in. So its down to Kommo-O and Dragapult being outliers currently.

Litleonid

So the flower is also Rock. That means Rock type gets the 3 stage rock salt, crab, and 2 stage flower. Ground meanwhile only has Paldean Wooper and one Legendary

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Apparently from Kaka's final answers. Though could be wrong still.

Tumbleweed is Grass/Ghost (I find this hilarious as this is the 5th line of the type)
Scarab/Dung Beetle is Bug/Psychic (perhaps it uses telekinesis to ball stuff up?)
Dolphin is just Water type (But make be dual typed like Darmanitan, possible the two evo forms mentioned are a new Zen Mode.)
Spider evolution is Bug/??? and not Bug/Ground

Ground type he says has already been revealed
Could be Mushroom Jellyfish since RF Diglett is water type. Meaning Grass/Ground is a good opposite to Tenacruel line's Water/Poison.

Ultra Beast Lover

Looking at the four perils in terms of defense: Dark/ground has 5 2x weaknesses, 2 immunities, and 4 resistances.

Dark/Fire has 4 2x weaknesses, 1 immunity, and 5 resistances.

Dark/Ice has 1 4x weakness, 5 2x weaknesses, 1 immunity, 3 resistances.

Dark/Grass has 1 4x weakness, 6 2x weaknesses, 1 immunity, 5 resistances

Taking all of this into account, from best to worst, defensively the ranking would be: Dark/Fire, Dark/Ground, Dark/Grass, Dark/Ice

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Im hoping the Dark Ice Leopard is fast so its useful in battle. Even if it isnt im still glad we finally get a snow leopard mon.
Just realized how many commonly requested animals we are getting. Finally dolphin the most requested one, a flamingo, an ostritch, snow leopard and possibly a peacock unless the quaxly evo is just a peacock dancer themed duck instead

treatyofversigh

Reminder they could drop in the DLC like the random gen 3 Starters for Isle of Armor.
I've been wondering about that, myself. I found it strange that Furfrou, Minior, and the Pikipek line, for example, are going to be left out of the games again. All things considered, it hasn't been that long since we've had access to them, I guess, but to not have them for two Switch gens in a row feels bad, since new fans who have only played on the Switch won't be able to get them natively. I do hope the Kalos starters are available in DLC- I miss my Delphox.

Red and Blue

Im hoping the Dark Ice Leopard is fast so its useful in battle. Even if it isnt im still glad we finally get a snow leopard mon.
Just realized how many commonly requested animals we are getting. Finally dolphin the most requested one, a flamingo, an ostritch, snow leopard and possibly a peacock unless the quaxly evo is just a peacock dancer themed duck instead
And an Earthworm. Not sure how requested it is but I'm sure there are a handful of fans wondering why we haven't gotten one until now

ShadowForce720

Because it's going to be in Pokemon Legends Celebi with Emboar and Sceptile as the starters
If that does wind up being the case then they would likely be regional variants of them like how the final evolutions of the Hisui starts final evolutions wind up being regional variants or they will wind up having new evolutions entirely.

Rune Knight

I'm glad that the Paradox Pokémon are all confirmed to be dual-typed, because it signifies that at least not all of them will have the same typing of their original counterparts.

Sponge

And an Earthworm. Not sure how requested it is but I'm sure there are a handful of fans wondering why we haven't gotten one until now

With the "earthworm" being pure steel type I'm not sure how much it's going to actually look like an earthworm.

It might not be anymore of an earthworm than Onix or Steelix are.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Based on what I’ve seen & heard on the new pokémon roster, it may be REALLY hard picking my team this time. I want to only catch 6 Pokémon this time around since I had such a huge team in for BDSP & Legends, and while none of the officially released pokémon haven’t wowed me yet, the rumored pokémon all really seem interesting (especially ones like the Hammer Girl, the car engine, the grass/fire pepper, the paradox forms, & the rodent with Parental Bond)

You know, if Protean was nerfed, there's only two lines that have ability. Kecleon and Froakie's line. Does this increase the chances of the Kalos starters being in?
Wait, how was Protean nerfed, & was Libero nerfed the same way?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.