• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I don't think it'll learn Sketch, its too unique and gimmicky to Smeargle.

If anything I feel like a new version of Synchronoise/Color Change or something else unique to it will be more likely.

However it could just get one signature move and wont be as gimmicky as some think

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I don't think it'll learn Sketch, its too unique and gimmicky to Smeargle.

If anything I feel like a new version of Synchronoise/Color Change or something else unique to it will be more likely.

However it could just get one signature move and wont be as gimmicky as some think
I agree and think it will have a signature move instead of sketch, especially if it evolves.

I could see a movie that when it hits another pokemon it makes moves hit it 100% or something? Or possibly a type changing move that it switches the pokemons type after hitting it with a random colour? Many possibilities!

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I agree and think it will have a signature move instead of sketch, especially if it evolves.

I could see a movie that when it hits another pokemon it makes moves hit it 100% or something? Or possibly a type changing move that it switches the pokemons type after hitting it with a random colour? Many possibilities!
Could be a move that disrupts Tera Blast or something

Rune Knight

Did anyone else notice that all of the fossil pokémon are confirmed to not be returning at least for the base games? I'm guessing that they didn't want to mix the whole notion of prehistoric pokémon with the story already incorporating heavy themes of past and future.

Nave

Did anyone else notice that all of the fossil pokémon are confirmed to not be returning? I'm guessing that they didn't want to mix in the whole notion of prehistoric pokémon with the games heavy themes of time travel and paradox forms.
Yeah I find it really weird that there aren't any prehistoric Pokémon in Scarlet. I guess Ancient Paradox forms qualify in a sense, but it would be nice to have returning prehistoric forms at least--it seems like we don't even have that.

Rune Knight

Yeah I find it really weird that there aren't any prehistoric Pokémon in Scarlet. I guess Ancient Paradox forms qualify in a sense, but it would be nice to have returning prehistoric forms at least--it seems like we don't even have that.

I feel like it would be tough in the sense that prehistoric pokémon only represent the past, which would fit in Scarlet, but not in Violet's whole gimmick of the Future.

Luthor

I feel like it would be tough in the sense that prehistoric pokémon only represent the past, which would fit in Scarlet, but not in Violet's whole gimmick of the Future.

That's probably the reason though personally I think they could have got away with in in both given they are restored with advanced technology (which is a bit futuristic). That being said they might just already have enough rock types for now (given all the fossils apart from the galar ones are part rock and the galar ones which are slightly different manner of creations) and just decided to save the fossils for DLC.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That's probably the reason though personally I think they could have got away with in in both given they are restored with advanced technology (which is a bit futuristic). That being said they might just already have enough rock types for now (given all the fossils apart from the galar ones are part rock and the galar ones which are slightly different manner of creations) and just decided to save the fossils for DLC.
Although I believe that all the fossils will be completely unavailable this gen except for the Gen 1 fossils due to possible Johto remakes to come after SV.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I have a question, maybe someone can help me: How exactly do these leakers know THAT much about a game? Japanese companies are notorious for being very secretive after all. With SM there was the whole fiasco of the demo being decoded, but how to these leakers have all that info for SV?

Sponge

I've seen it suggested that Grafaiai could have a move that does graffiti on another Pokemon and basically copies a new move on to them temporarily. (so like the opposite/doubles version of Sketch)

I'm not really into competitive but it sounds like something like that would be extremely chaotic and disruptive to the metagame?

Ultra Beast Lover

I have a question, maybe someone can help me: How exactly do these leakers know THAT much about a game? Japanese companies are notorious for being very secretive after all. With SM there was the whole fiasco of the demo being decoded, but how to these leakers have all that info for SV?
We think they may be beta testers or know someone in the company. Centro suggests that exposing Khu could ruin him so maybe a worker.

GLTSRY

I'm not really into competitive but it sounds like something like that would be extremely chaotic and disruptive to the metagame?
Mega Rayquaza
Max Airstream
Z-Moves
Mega Kangaskhan

Yeah if it sounds like it’ll be disruptive to the game, you can assume it’s on GF’s to-do list

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
So Khu is hinting at this being the evolved form of the line, since he referred to its Pre-Evo with a different name. Its also been referred to as mouse like.

Meaning Grafaiai is going to evolve from possibly a Mouse Lemur or a Bushbaby. Maybe its like a finger painting baby.

UPDATE:

Centro is reporting that Grafaiai is actually the fourth out of the five boss Pokemon in the game.

Meaning we now know that the steel typed worm, rock type crab, the large bird and Graffaiai plus another Pokemon are going to be the new take on alpha/totem Pokemon.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
There are a few possibilities.
  • They are an employee or a game tester who is directly leaking data.
  • The leakers are getting info from an insider who is breaching an NDA (ie - the leaker is a cutout who is helping get information out without getting the insider in trouble).
  • The leakers aren't really leakers but are authorized to give out information as a form of guerrilla marketing.
Khu might be one of the 1st two options. I think Kaka might be the 3rd.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
  • The leakers are getting info from an insider who is breaching an NDA (ie - the leaker is a cutout who is helping get information out without getting the insider in trouble).
  • The leakers aren't really leakers but are authorized to give out information as a form of guerrilla marketing.
I believe that Kaka has stated he's a playtester and Khu has alluded that his source comes from the TPCi marketing/localization team.

GLTSRY

The third option seems too outlandish for TPC. Japanese companies have a more conservative approach in their daily business, and considering that only people who will buy the games anyhow are following the leakers, the benefit is non-existent.

I wonder what’s in this for the leakers though? Is there any benefit in having a high interaction on Twitter? Sorry if this is a redundant question, but I’m not using the app and afaik, it isn’t a platform where you can profit from a high number of followers thanks to sponsors like it’s possible with Instagram and YT.

Ultra Beast Lover

I think that sometimes, leakers just like being able to say, "Hey, I know things about something prior to release." Although in other cases it could just be excitement, they want to share what they learned so they can talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.