• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Do we have any info on Version Exclusives outside future/past form and the fire sword/knight thing?

Maybe Grafaiai and the Opossum are version-exclusives?

They should reveal something so people can choose the version outside the Boxart.

I believe only Gen 8 version exclusives shown for SwSh were Zacian/Zamazenta and G-Ponyta/Sirfetch'd right?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Do we have any info on Version Exclusives outside future/past form and the fire sword/knight thing?

Maybe Grafaiai and the Opossum are version-exclusives?

They should reveal something so people can choose the version outside the Boxart.

I believe only Gen 8 version exclusives shown for SwSh were Zacian/Zamazenta and G-Ponyta/Sirfetch'd right?
Only that Salamence And Eiscue are in Violet, while Tyranitar and Stonjourner or in Scarlet.

That and fire armor is in scarlet, while fire sword is in violet for the fire type Pokemon.
Info on that alludes that Bronzong line may be Scarlet only and Polteageist being only in Violet

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The third option seems too outlandish for TPC. Japanese companies have a more conservative approach in their daily business, and considering that only people who will buy the games anyhow are following the leakers, the benefit is non-existent.
It probably is a little too outlandish. But I wouldn't completely write it off, especially since Kaka appeared when Khu was at his worst.

You could say the same for a lot of companies that use guerrilla marketing tactics. There doesn't appear to be any benefits on the surface because it's marketing to people who are expected to be customers. But there are two benefits. It builds hype through word-of-mouth, and it's cheap. Twitter accounts are free.

Anyway, it's just a theory.

Litleonid

It probably is a little too outlandish. But I wouldn't completely write it off, especially since Kaka appeared when Khu was at his worst.

You could say the same for a lot of companies that use guerrilla marketing tactics. There doesn't appear to be any benefits on the surface because it's marketing to people who are expected to be customers. But there are two benefits. It builds hype through word-of-mouth, and it's cheap. Twitter accounts are free.

Anyway, it's just a theory.
Yeah I don't think they'd use that kind of marketing. Also, yeah, I'm so glad Kaka came when they did. Khu was just posting complete nonsense and couldn't go a single post without insulting Centro. Stuff like that is why I want Khu to be exposed to TPCI. Plus he was just getting worse and worse.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
The reason why I don't think that Khu and Kaka are part of any "guerilla marketing tactics" is because of Khu's behaviour and insulting statements (I don't think any company is stupid enough to hire someone like that to talk to the fanbase) and well....Kaka's name.
I don’t follow the leakers, but there used to be a world famous Brazilian football player called Kaka, maybe his name is a reference to him?

Orphalesion

I don’t follow the leakers, but there used to be a world famous Brazilian football player called Kaka, maybe his name is a reference to him?
I didn't know that, since I'm not a soccer fan, so thanks for pointing that out.
Still in a lot of languages Caca/Kaka has an icky meaning.

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
the football player is ka ká (the last syllable is a tonic), whereas " caca" (poop) has an emphasis in the first syllable, so you wouldn't really mistake each other in brazilian portuguese

also I lost track of the discussion but I just saw Grafaiai's teaser and I LOVE its design, even though the name sounds clunky. also it's poison-typed, so I'll definitely take it out for a spin *-*

Litleonid

The fanart of Grafaiai has been amazing. A lot of it shows Grafaia drawing Amogus, flipping people off, or starting a rivalry with Smeargle. Its great!

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
I hope they reveal at least the second evolution of the starters, last time we only saw them after the first copies leaked

If I recall correctly, both gens 6 and 7 did reveal the second stages by this time already

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So Grafaiai is apparently part of a two-stage line.

I'm quite curious what its evolved form will be. I have a feeling, whatever it is, it'll be mad OP. lol

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
So Grafaiai is apparently part of a two-stage line.

I'm quite curious what its evolved form will be. I have a feeling, whatever it is, it'll be mad OP. lol
Rumour is that Grafaiai IS the evolved form.

Khu when he referred to its prevo didn't address it as Grafaiai.

Rumour is its some kind of Mouse Lemur or Bushbaby due to looking like a mouse that evolves into an Aye-Aye, which would be Grafaiai

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Rumour is that Grafaiai IS the evolved form.

Khu when he referred to its prevo didn't address it as Grafaiai.

Rumour is its some kind of Mouse Lemur or Bushbaby due to looking like a mouse that evolves into an Aye-Aye, which would be Grafaiai

Ah, so it's another Alcremie/Drednaw ordeal.

Looks like a first-stage but it's really an evolved form. Why do they keep doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.