• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
You can get a Galarian Meowth via in-game trade (teacher requests a Pawmi). This form is not on the Pokédex.

In older games like like SWSH all regional variants for available Pokémon were automatically part of the Pokédex and could be transfered. However Scarlet/Violet will be more like PLA and regional forms won't be in the Pokédex and won't necessarily be programmed.

ShadowForce720

You can get a Galarian Meowth via in-game trade (teacher requests a Pawmi). This form is not on the Pokédex.

In older games like like SWSH all regional variants for available Pokémon were automatically part of the Pokédex and could be transfered. However Scarlet/Violet will be more like PLA and regional forms won't be in the Pokédex and won't necessarily be programmed.

While they might not be in the Pokédex I fail to see why forms, and regional variants of Pokémon outside of very specific special forms and Mega Evolutions and Gigantamax wouldn’t be in the game.

Like for instance if both Kanto and Galarian Meowth are in the game then I don’t see why Alolan Meowth wouldn’t also be available to at least transfer in.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
While they might not be in the Pokédex I fail to see why forms, and regional variants of Pokémon outside of very specific special forms and Mega Evolutions and Gigantamax wouldn’t be in the game.

Like for instance if both Kanto and Galarian Meowth are in the game then I don’t see why Alolan Meowth wouldn’t also be available to at least transfer in.
That should be the case.

That and Perrserker either getting a regional dex number like Weavile in PLA.

Autobot N

That should be the case.

That and Perrserker either getting a regional dex number like Weavile in PLA.
Or Cofagrigus/Persian in SWSH

EDIT: He also said no Eternal Flower Floette, not that anyone was expecting it. Kind of a shame since I like Floette and hate Florges, but non-Eternal Floette's BST is too low for me to be able to use it

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
EDIT: He also said no Eternal Flower Floette, not that anyone was expecting it. Kind of a shame since I like Floette and hate Florges, but non-Eternal Floette's BST is too low for me to be able to use it
I find it a huge shame that they programmed Eternal Flower Floette and made the Pokémon a big plot point in XY. Then they decided that Floette was not worth sending out.

Autobot N

I find it a huge shame that they programmed Eternal Flower Floette and made the Pokémon a big plot point in XY. Then they decided that Floette was not worth sending out.
I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be another Kalos game, there was a leak a while back where game data for "Calos_Reserve3" and "Calos_Reserve4" existed in the data for USUM. Specifically it was between ORAS and SM in the data. Eternal Flower Floette might have been in that one

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be another Kalos game, there was a leak a while back where game data for "Calos_Reserve3" and "Calos_Reserve4" existed in the data for USUM. Specifically it was between ORAS and SM in the data. Eternal Flower Floette might have been in that one
The long-rumored Pokemon Z that may have been cancelled at the last minute in favor of Sun and Moon.

Luthor

My guess is many of these forms will be transferable once Pokemon home compatibility comes in via a patch and they just aren't in the current version the leakers are using as that probably wouldn't be a priority as until home is ready there will be no way to trade them in (only working on the forms in-game for now). Similar to most of the non-galarian regional forms in Sword and Shield before home compatibility.

Last edited:

Phillies

Hopefully it gives us something to look forward to with the remakes. I really liked both it and it’s shiny so I would like to add both to my collection.

Wish they’d release shadow Lugia while they are at it. They could even release it as a regional form like the Galarian birds.

isn’t time to pull the plug on him? Hasn’t he been on life support long enough.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Hoping they do a Legends game based on Kalos next. Maybe Legends: Floette or Zygarde.
I would actually prefer Johto or Unova as the next regions for a Legends game if they were to do one. Johto could tell the story of the Brass Tower and the storm. Unova could tell the story of the Relic Castle and the Darmanitan statue. Kalos does have the ultimate weapon but I think that story can wait (although we do deserve a complete Kalos story).

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Yeah, I'm more interested in seeing Johto or Unova first before Kalos. Johto hasn't had any sort of revisit for over a decade while Unova is next in line for a remake and could also make use of a Legends game to further explore its history and Legendaries alongside them and to explain Enamorous.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The official Pokemon Twitter weirdly just retweeted this.

Is this a hint the picnic feature will be revealed soon? Or SV series news will happen? Arven joining the main cast? I believe its a reference to Dwayne The Rock Johnson, but why retweet it so randomly?
The dub of 4-part special from January was just released on Netflix, and that featured Brock. So maybe that’s what it was for.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Am I the only one who actually likes the goofy hats with the Tera forms? And, yes, I still can’t believe that my online nickname is in the game mechanic.
It reminds me of TF2's h a t s
maxresdefault.jpg

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'm hoping they don't make a dexit or at least allow transferring any pokemon that is currently compatible/available in HOME. Pokedex Entries not available are fine for cutting the ammount of older pokemon available for fighting is absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.