• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luthor

I mean, if they really wanted to, they could have some regional forms on different regions and say that this is the dominant species. G-Farfetch’d could theoretically live everywhere, A-Exeggutor could also exist in Hoenn and Paldea due to the sun, A-Marowak could live in other regions with volcanoes like Hoenn or Sinnoh and so on.

This is a game where fossils can be revived (or combined), so finding regional variants in different regions wouldn’t be something too extraordinary.

If they really wanted to I suppose they could. But so far they've kept them very region specific outside of Pokemon home transfers, trades or in-game events or similar and I suspect they will keep this in-place.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wonder when we will get a new trailer and info (regarding actual new and inappropriate Pokemon ... )

Rune Knight

There could easily be other regional variants added lately either via DLC or later games within the gen. My guess is that they wanted to have less regional forms this time around as Pokemon type changing will be very common this game and as such they decided in the base game to only have particular ones that would have the most impact and then add more evolutions and new pokemon (like the paradox and lookalikes) that they could alter the stats with.

As for a new meowth form (probably not in this game) personally I mainly want a ghost form which I know loses the common fighting weakness but mainly because I want more gen 1 pokemon with ghost forms.

Oh definitely wouldn't have a problem with them breaking trend as long as it makes sense to what they are trying to portray. A ghost form Meowth sounds awesome.

Akashin

I mean, if they really wanted to, they could have some regional forms on different regions and say that this is the dominant species. G-Farfetch’d could theoretically live everywhere, A-Exeggutor could also exist in Hoenn and Paldea due to the sun, A-Marowak could live in other regions with volcanoes like Hoenn or Sinnoh and so on.

This is a game where fossils can be revived (or combined), so finding regional variants in different regions wouldn’t be something too extraordinary.
And even if for whatever reason they didn't want to do this, there's nothing stopping them from bringing back the Safari Zone and putting them there, claiming that the owner of the Safari Zone has made it home to a host of Pokemon normally found only in other regions.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wouldn't mind if the Safari Zone returned as long as they don't have the time limit or have the Pokemon be impossible to catch, just have a little entrance fee.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I wouldn't mind if the Safari Zone returned as long as they don't have the time limit or have the Pokemon be impossible to catch, just have a little entrance fee.
I prefer if it was similar to the ORAS Safari Zone where you pay a one time fee for “maintenance” but you gain a membership card so you can return anytime you wish and enter for free.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
According to PoryLeeks (his source at least), there's news this Wednesday, and it contains info on the middle evos. Of course, not necessarily accurate.

I'm also very skeptical because SWSH never showed the middle stages during it's news cycle.

Other rumors hint at the picnic feature, while others say Paradox Pokemon. But regardless, I'd take any new info they'll give.

scififan21

I'm hoping for news. Seems pretty likely since we are in the first week of October and they have been consistant on that the last couple of months at least. Honestly we got more stuff in September then I thought we would.

Litleonid

I genuinely hope. PoryLeaks isn't a leaker, but he's saying his source does have some credibility. I think its very likely and we'll probably know in less than 12 hours if there is news. I do think its very likely we will get news Wednesday or Thursday, but I do genuinely hope PoryLeaks source is correct. I'd love to see the starter's middle evos.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
According to PoryLeeks (his source at least), there's news this Wednesday, and it contains info on the middle evos. Of course, not necessarily accurate.

I'm also very skeptical because SWSH never showed the middle stages during it's news cycle.

Other rumors hint at the picnic feature, while others say Paradox Pokemon. But regardless, I'd take any new info they'll give.

It's not impossible, XY revealed their middle stages a month before release and SM revealed both the middle and final stages a month before its release. It'd definitely be odd since SV has followed SwSh's style of reveals so far, but maybe they wanted a bit more hype this time around.

Luthor

And even if for whatever reason they didn't want to do this, there's nothing stopping them from bringing back the Safari Zone and putting them there, claiming that the owner of the Safari Zone has made it home to a host of Pokemon normally found only in other regions.

That would be a good way to do it. Safari zone hasn't been used for quite a while (excluding remakes) so it would be an interesting way to find new use for it.

I think you're right in being sceptical with this rumour. It would be a surprise for the middle stage to be revealed (though obviously not impossible)

Sponge

It's not like it's unheard of for the starter evolutions to be revealed though. Sun/Moon even revealed the final evolutions about a week or so before release.

I don't feel like a pattern for starter reveals has really been established.

Ultra Beast Lover

I think that Gamefreak doesn't entirely know how to handle starter reveals. Some generations they'll only reveal the middle stages, some the entire stage, and others nothing.

Charizard7316

I hope that we get to see some Paradox Pokemon revealed and the concept itself explained. Imo, it is one of the most important features of these games, so I would think an announcement would have to come before release?

Litleonid

Welp...Nothing today. Our only hope now is a shadow drop tomorrow. There's no way anything is happening Thursday with the Mario movie trailer coming.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Welp...Nothing today. Our only hope now is a shadow drop tomorrow. There's no way anything is happening Thursday with the Mario movie trailer coming.
Well as much as I'd like something tomorrow, I'd love there to be nothing if it means PKMNLeaks gets disproven again.

**** show of a "leak" thread on twitter.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Is this supposed to be something? Everyone's kinda flipping out like there is a trailer coming today, but to me, it...just looks like some Japanese Pokemon show. This was updated today with 2 videos from 3 weeks ago and 2 months ago? Why is everyone freaking out?
Apparently, these live shows discuss the latest info on the new games, and it just so happens that the dates of the live shows align with the dates we got new trailers for Scarlet/Violet.

One live show was released on August 3 and another on September 7, and we got new trailers on those days.

So people are speculating maybe some new trailer will drop today or sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.