• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nave

There's a new move that I would find funny if Dudunsparce or Cetitan learned (But they understandably don't)
Shed Tail:
the user creates a substitute for itself using its own HP before switching places with a party Pokémon in waiting.
The substitue costs half ot the user's life.
Someone mentioned that only Cyclizar and Orthworm learn it.
Orthworm is an interesting Pokémon. Doesn't have the best stats, but has a really good ability.
Derpy earthworm ftw.

kemal07

Poppy is the youngest 'important' trainer within the franchise... She looks about 4!

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
Someone mentioned that only Cyclizar and Orthworm learn it.
Orthworm is an interesting Pokémon. Doesn't have the best stats, but has a really good ability.
Derpy earthworm ftw.
Yeah it's only those two according to the lovely doc Xanhawk mentioned above.

I might have to use the worm even though that thing makes me laugh and feel creeped out at the same time. Shed Tail, switch into a mon with good HP just to take even more hits, or something with poor HP/Defensive but high offense.

falconlord

Poppy is the youngest 'important' trainer within the franchise... She looks about 4!

Great, we're gonna get beat up by kindergartner. Betcha she's gonna be the toughest of the 4, too.

Nave

Yeah it's only those two according to the lovely doc Xanhawk mentioned above.

I might have to use the worm even though that thing makes me laugh and feel creeped out at the same time. Shed Tail, switch into a mon with good HP just to take even more hits, or something with poor HP/Defensive but high offense.
With all the great Pokémon that have a weakness to Ground this gen, Orthworm will be really good for switching into those moves with Earth Eater as its ability.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Seems like a grass type Flame Charge.
Thanks

Seems interesting. Chesnaught is kind of crippled between poor speed and all the weaknesses so it's an interesting addition.

Don't think it'll help them much....
From Centro

Game Freak has left a LOT of hints regarding the DLC in the game. It appears to be a large scale DLC, as the game already has support for multiple Pokédexes. There's also some leftover data that hints at Pokémon that will be returning in the DLC. More in the coming days.
I just hope they include the Hoenn starters. That's all I'm asking this time lol
I'll put money on the Koraidon glitch being resolved, but the camera angles ignored.
What glitch?

falconlord

That's a bit of a surprise. Balance patches usually come much later in the support cycle, after players have had some fun with it, and Pokémon almost never changes stats with a patch.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
HOME move update

When you transfer a Pokémon from a previous gen to SV it forgets all moves and learns the moves that Pokémon would have at that level if it was found in the wild in Paldea.

Also a reminder that all generational transfers are one way only. Unless they do it differently this time, which we doubt, once you transfer a Pokémon to Scarlet/Violet it can't be transfered back to Gen 8.
Is that confirmed at this point? There’s no Home compatibility until next year. I understand this is what they did with BDSP and PLA but their moves could be restored by moving them back to SwSh. I’m not disputing this I just don’t know how this can be confirmed without an actual Home update.

Nave

These Pokémon have a really cool combination of unique designs, abilities, and movesets:

Brambleghast (Typing: Grass/Ghost) - Gets Wind Rider as its ability, which boosts it's Attack when Tailwind takes effect, or if the Pokémon is hit by a wind move. Also takes no damage from wind moves, which is huge for a Grass type. Hits hard with Power Whip and Phantom Force. Acts as a Rapid Spinner and spinblocker. Wasn't crazy about the pre-evo, but the final evolution looks amazing. Is let down by a low HP stat.

Garganacl (Typing: Rock) - Has great defenses, Wide Guard, Stealth Rock, and Recover. Purifying Salt is an interesting ability, because it halves damage from Ghost moves, and protects it from status moves. Ghost teratype could be really popular for this mon, removing the weakness to Fighting, and not having to worry too much about Ghost moves. Salt Cure is an interesting move for what will be a stall mon.

Glimmora (Typing: Rock/Poison) - It seems like this Pokémon's one calling is to inflict poison. Has Toxic Debris which sets Toxic Spikes when hit with a contact move, and Corrosion, as abilities. In addition to Toxic Spikes, it has Stealth Rock and Spikes. It can protect itself with Spiky Shield to help it set entry hazards throughout the match. Also has Acid Armor to boost its already good Defense. If the opponent expects you to be passive, you can set up with Rock Polish and sweep with Sludge Wave and Power Gem... did I mention that it has 130 Sp. Atk? I mean, this thing is evil.

Meowscarada (Typing: Grass/Dark) - Flower Trick seems OP. Always thought there should be a move that always hits and crits, but now that it's come with a Pokémon that already has Protean I don't know what to think. Also gets Knock Off and Play Rough... and U-Turn to reset Protean.

ShadowForce720

You know considering that we had gotten a Pokémon Direct that announced the expansion pass/DLC for Sword&Shield back on January 9th, 2020, I wouldn’t be that surprised if we wind up having a similar case here.

So basically we might get the announcement of the Expansion Pass/DLC for Scarlet&Violet sometime in January, 2023 with the first part of the expansion being released in June while the second part comes out in October.

Now of course we could have a case where in any of the numbers of different aspects of the DLC are handled differently from the Sword & Shield DLC, like having a different released schedule or reveal, or part or size of DLC.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
What about the ceruledge line?
Regular Pokemon so not shiny locked.

Update on the day one patch.

day one patch mostly consists of online updates, updated moves and stats (nothing really of note)

Doesn't seem like any big graphical or performance updates at this moment. Apparently there are still framerate issues, lighting issues and overall performance bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.