• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
As in stats of specific pokemon will change?
ya, the legendary quartet lost about 10 points in their base stats

think some regional form stats changed too, thats about it

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Regular Pokemon so not shiny locked.

Update on the day one patch.

day one patch mostly consists of online updates, updated moves and stats (nothing really of note)

Doesn't seem like any big graphical or performance updates at this moment. Apparently there are still framerate issues, lighting issues and overall performance bugs.

DAMN! That looks terrible. Sword & Shield didn't even lag that badly.

IGN is gonna have a field day with this one.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
DAMN! That looks terrible. Sword & Shield didn't even lag that badly.

IGN is gonna have a field day with this one.
Apparently rain on the coast also bogs down the game, the sunflora mission is still laggy, characters' eyes get dark in caves and koraidon dissappears when rock climbing.

A week to go, more leaks like this and bug fix patches are sure to be on the way, wouldn't be the first time GF had to send out other patches during early release.

Xanhawk

Wonder how many of these are actual cartridges and not hacked Switches using ROMs.

I had similar graphical issues when I used BW ROMs and XY ROMs that didn't happen with actual games back on the DS/3DS.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Wonder how many of these are actual cartridges and not hacked Switches using ROMs.

I had similar graphical issues when I used BW ROMs and XY ROMs that didn't happen with actual games back on the DS/3DS.
Have to see, most are saying they're just playing on their switch.

Centro who has the game, says its a mix of good and bad, but not awful in performance.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Yea, I'm wondering the same thing. Anyone with physical copies and not ROMs have these problems? (not to say it's not possible ofc)

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
The advantage of not being able to play until Christmas. Most of those issues will probably be fixed by then.

Though I have to say, I rarely if ever encounter the same performance issues as other people.
Same here, never had any of the issues people were reporting in PLA or SWSH

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
HOME move update

When you transfer a Pokémon from a previous gen to SV it forgets all moves and learns the moves that Pokémon would have at that level if it was found in the wild in Paldea.
Yuck if true.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

I don't know what it was like for other games, but I do feel like this is likely more of a problem with the illegally copied versions.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
You know considering that we had gotten a Pokémon Direct that announced the expansion pass/DLC for Sword&Shield back on January 9th, 2020, I wouldn’t be that surprised if we wind up having a similar case here.

So basically we might get the announcement of the Expansion Pass/DLC for Scarlet&Violet sometime in January, 2023 with the first part of the expansion being released in June while the second part comes out in October.

Now of course we could have a case where in any of the numbers of different aspects of the DLC are handled differently from the Sword & Shield DLC, like having a different released schedule or reveal, or part or size of DLC
I mean, the timing of the DLC releases, like literally everything else, was sidetracked by a little something called a global pandemic. Since SwSh, we've had a lot of Pokemon content come out, not all produced directly by GF, but I feel like the training wheels are off at this point. To compare for fans of other systems/franchises, look at the jump between the first and second God of War and Kingdom Hearts games. They've had time, and SwSh's Wild Area and DLC, and PLA in general to experiment with. I'm optimistic about how this will do.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I wonder if the performance issues are related to the hardware version that people are playing the game on. I think the only Switch that can be easily hacked is the original model, and that uses a Tegra X1. The newer models, including the 2019 Switch, Switch Lite and the OLED, have the Tegra X1+. The main difference between the chips is supposed to be efficiency, but NVIDIA also says the X1+ gets better overall performance too.

Status
Not open for further replies.