• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread [⚠️PLEASE HIDE STORY SPOILERS⚠️]

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
From Centro

Game Freak has left a LOT of hints regarding the DLC in the game. It appears to be a large scale DLC, as the game already has support for multiple Pokédexes. There's also some leftover data that hints at Pokémon that will be returning in the DLC. More in the coming days.

falconlord

Yeah, I figured when Dexit was announced for SWSH GameFreak would move in a DLC direction

Fine by me. I don't mind DLC.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Looks like presets downloads are starting. I just the email from Nintendo confirming my digital purchase for Violet and adding funds to my account and an email from Best Buy about my Double Pack order.

falconlord

Haven't received my e-mail from Best Buy yet. But that's maybe because it's a holiday today in Canada. Probably get it on Monday.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Haven't received my e-mail from Best Buy yet. But that's maybe because it's a holiday today in Canada. Probably get it on Monday.
I just got my purchase confirmation from the eShop. And it's a holiday in the states as well or I'd be opening some Silver Tempest booster packs today. Also thank you to all who served in the military, wherever you served.

Yveltal91057

Nobody is safe from Yandere Nami, not even Mr. X.
From Centro

Game Freak has left a LOT of hints regarding the DLC in the game. It appears to be a large scale DLC, as the game already has support for multiple Pokédexes. There's also some leftover data that hints at Pokémon that will be returning in the DLC. More in the coming days.
Early predictions for Pokémon that could be returning in the DLC

Ekans
Arbok
Horsea
Seadra
Kingdra
Lapras
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion/Hisuian Typhlosion
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Spinarak
Ariados
Murkrow
Honchkrow
Poochyena
Mightyena
Wurmple
Silcoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Dustox
Electrike
Manectric
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Absol
Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Unovan Samurott/Hisuian Samurott
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Joltik
Galvantula
Golett
Golurk
Litwick
Lampent
Chandelure
Chespin
Quilladin
Chesnaught
Fennekin
Braixen
Delphox
Froakie
Frogadier
Greninja
Hoopa
Volcanion
Marshadow
Zeraora

Galarian Ponyta
Galarian Rapidash
Alolan Vulpix
Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Grimer
Alolan Muk

Last edited:

kemal07

Oh I love how the wild battle music is diverse! So when entering a wild battle, you hear an upbeat / remixed version of the route you are in!

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
HOME move update

When you transfer a Pokémon from a previous gen to SV it forgets all moves and learns the moves that Pokémon would have at that level if it was found in the wild in Paldea.

Also a reminder that all generational transfers are one way only. Unless they do it differently this time, which we doubt, once you transfer a Pokémon to Scarlet/Violet it can't be transfered back to Gen 8.

Shiny Update

Paradox Pokemon and Legendary Quartet not shiny locked

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I know SwSh didn't have the capability to celebrate your birthday in game at launch. Any news about whether SV asks for your birthday?

From Centro

Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about this. There is a lot, especially, regarding Tera that is not explained in the base game.
It is great that the DLC will be large, but I don't like the idea of locking important story beats behind DLC. SwSh's DLC did a good job of making the DLC connected to the main story without you really missing out on any story beats if you didn't play it.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about this. There is a lot, especially, regarding Tera that is not explained in the base game.
It is great that the DLC will be large, but I don't like the idea of locking important story beats behind DLC. SwSh's DLC did a good job of making the DLC connected to the main story without you really missing out on any story beats if you didn't play it.
Well, to be honest, there is just a different story for SV that is apparently quite good.

I feel like its taking the same beats of SWSH DLC, but much more connected.

Ignition

World's biggest Incineroar stan
Just popping in because I saw something about Egg Moves. Do we know if traditional breeding is in the game or if Eggs are tied solely to the picnic feature?