• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
I'm curious about the breeding in general. Like if it will still be the case that the egg is always what the female Pokemon is ,or if since it's taking the whole party into consideration anyway, if the egg can be the same as the male in the egg group couple.

Jeppo

Does anyone know if you're able to rename foreign (or nicknamed) Pokémon now? I know it's partly because of the hacked Pokémon, but it's quite annoying to not be able to rename Japanese Pokémon or such.

Xanhawk

I'm curious about the breeding in general. Like if it will still be the case that the egg is always what the female Pokemon is ,or if since it's taking the whole party into consideration anyway, if the egg can be the same as the male in the egg group couple.
From the testing people have done on Smogon, its still whatever the female is. You need compatible Pokemon to breed, so if you have two females in the Field group and a male in the Field group, you can get either female as an egg, or both.

Ditto is still needed for Male only lines that aren't special cases and Genderless Pokemon that aren't in the cannot breed list.

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
From the testing people have done on Smogon, its still whatever the female is. You need compatible Pokemon to breed, so if you have two females in the Field group and a male in the Field group, you can get either female as an egg, or both.

Ditto is still needed for Male only lines that aren't special cases and Genderless Pokemon that aren't in the cannot breed list.
Well dang, now I'll either need a Ditto or to reset for a female Fuecoco if I want my purple crocodile.

Autobot N

Do we have encounter levels? Was curious about which level Iron Moth can be captured, since I was hoping to trade it in to have in my in-game rotating team if it was found around the same level as the Donphans.
IIRC the Donphans were at level 45, but I'm not as sure about the others. I've seen 52-58 and I've seen higher 60s as well, so maybe it depends where you are in Area Zero?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Still haven't heard anything from Best Buy :(

Starting to get very nervous.
I got something from Best Buy last week asking me to confirm my shipping information. I just checked today and the charge is still awaiting authorization, but I can’t cancel or change my pickup method. I think it’s already prepped for shipping.

Kangaflora

If Crabrawler and Crabominable are in these games, how do we evolve Crabrawler?

falconlord

I got something from Best Buy last week asking me to confirm my shipping information. I just checked today and the charge is still awaiting authorization, but I can’t cancel or change my pickup method. I think it’s already prepped for shipping.
I hope so.

I'm just having flashbacks to when I ordered Digimon Survive.

We'll have it by launch day! No, we'll have it after the weekend! No, wait, we'll deliver it to your door in the middle of the afternoon.

Xanhawk

If Crabrawler and Crabominable are in these games, how do we evolve Crabrawler?

I believe that it will be changed to a stone evolution like what happened with Magneton, Eevee, Nosepass, and Charjabug.

Internal data lists two methods:
Condition: PLACE_SNOW_MOUNTAIN
and
Condition: ITEM
Parameters: [52, 0, 0, 0]

The second is Ice Stone, the first may be on the mountain going to or around the Ice or Ghost Gyms.

Internal data lists two methods:
Condition: PLACE_SNOW_MOUNTAIN
and
Condition: ITEM
Parameters: [52, 0, 0, 0]

The second is Ice Stone, the first may be on the mountain going to or around the Ice or Ghost Gyms.
I wonder if the first condition is still actually functional or just leftover data. The only other Pokémon in the game with a PLACE condition are the Urshifu formes, and similarly to Crabominable there's an alternative ITEM condition(Scroll of Darkness/Water). However in this case, the places are PLACE_TOWER_EVIL/WATER, which I'm pretty sure there are no corresponding spots to in Paldea.

Acer11

Don't forget about Incenses, unless they aren't included.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I love how they handled the elite four in this game, in other games you didn't see most of them till the end but here you meet them before, and they interact with each other before and after their battles, which are short but full of personality and funny dynamics, I can see so many fan comics about them being made! Larry's my favorite, obviously.

Autobot N

Anyone know when the earliest I can get an Eviolite is? I like Dolliv but hate Arboliva and was considering just using Dolliv with an Eviolite to make up for its lower stats

Acer11

Game Freak has really altered many moves and abilities ever since X and Y, especially after Drought and Drizzle became available to other Pokemon for use in facilities and competitive play.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One of the first things I’m going to do in Scarlet is trying to find Charcadet &/or Tinkatink since they’re definitely going to be on my team.

Hopefully they’ll be catchable with 0 badges

Status
Not open for further replies.