• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B. Thunder Tiger

Electric and Fighting sound so un releated to each other. I wonder what each will represent…
I first imagined a Night/Dusk and Dawn/Day theme for the Legendaries of Gen 9, given how the colors of the titles alone seem to hint to it, for me personally anyways, but if this rumor is true, and the legendaries are part Electric and Fighting, maybe they are leaning into the concepts of "Strength" and "Speed".

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I first imagined a Night/Dusk and Dawn/Day theme for the Legendaries of Gen 9, given how the colors of the titles alone seem to hint to it, for me personally anyways, but if this rumor is true, and the legendaries are part Electric and Fighting, maybe they are leaning into the concepts of "Strength" and "Speed".
Omg that’s a nice concept idea
And omg ur here from 2008
Respect hehe

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It certainly was in the case in Gen 8. No, it wasn't. Sword and Shield only had 81 in the base game. It only got up to 96 through a DLC that added eight more and a completely separate game that added another seven. Basically they're content with these small new Pokemon numbers, and I only expect it to change if they go back to 2D games again.

I think you're selling them very short, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

B. Thunder Tiger

Omg that’s a nice concept idea
And omg ur here from 2008
Respect hehe

From that long ago? Wow, that is a pretty long time. But yeah, seeing the titles of the games, I vastly prefer the Day/Dawn and Dusk/Night theme for the Legendaries. After all, we already had sun, moon, sea, earth, and sky-themed Legendaries, so concepts such as Daytime/Dawn and Night/Dusk could work. That and Violet's title design seems to invoke a night sky theme, whereas Scarlet's color looks to be aiming at a rising dawn theme. Perhaps though, if that rumor were to be real, and they are indeed part Electric and part Fighting they could still associate with the above idea I had. I just personally had different ideas regarding typing:

Maybe they have a twilight theme going on? Like Dawn/Day (Scarlet) or Dusk/Night (Violet).

Dawn/Day Legendary = combination of Fire, Psychic, and/or Fairy type
photo-1582971103098-bfc707d2ad92
3947936-pokemonscarlet.png

Dusk/Night Legendary = combination of Ice, Dark, and/or Ghost type
AtHome-NightSky-1080x810-1.jpg
3947935-pokemonviolet.png

Granted, like most theories I have put out, I'm very likely to be wrong, as usual, haha.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
From that long ago? Wow, that is a pretty long time. But yeah, seeing the titles of the games, I vastly prefer the Day/Dawn and Dusk/Night theme for the Legendaries. After all, we already had sun, moon, sea, earth, and sky-themed Legendaries, so concepts such as Daytime/Dawn and Night/Dusk could work. That and Violet's title design seems to invoke a night sky theme, whereas Scarlet's color looks to be aiming at a rising dawn theme. Perhaps though, if that rumor were to be real, and they are indeed part Electric and part Fighting they could still associate with the above idea I had. I just personally had different ideas regarding typing:

Maybe they have a twilight theme going on? Like Dawn/Day (Scarlet) or Dusk/Night (Violet).

Dawn/Day Legendary = combination of Fire, Psychic, and/or Fairy type
photo-1582971103098-bfc707d2ad92
3947936-pokemonscarlet.png

Dusk/Night Legendary = combination of Ice, Dark, and/or Ghost type
AtHome-NightSky-1080x810-1.jpg
3947935-pokemonviolet.png

Granted, like most theories I have put out, I'm very likely to be wrong, as usual, haha.
I like your way of thinking
Very creative

ShadowForce720

They've gone to the trends of small numbers of new Pokemon each gen since 6, and I don't expect it to change.
Actually it’s already changed as by the end of their respective generations gen 7 introduced more new Pokémon then gen 6 and gen 8 introduced more new Pokémon then gens 6 & 7.

So it’s pretty realistic to think that by the end of gen 9 it will have introduced more new Pokémon then generations 6,7 & 8.

Sure the base games of Scarlet & Violet might not initially introduced 100+ new Pokémon but there is nothing that prevents the DLC and other new main series games from adding more new Pokémon to get gen 9 over the 100 mark.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Actually it’s already changed as by the end of their respective generations gen 7 introduced more new Pokémon then gen 6 and gen 8 introduced more new Pokémon then gens 6 & 7.

So it’s pretty realistic to think that by the end of gen 9 it will have introduced more new Pokémon then generations 6,7 & 8.

Sure the base games of Scarlet & Violet might not initially introduced 100+ new Pokémon but there is nothing that prevents the DLC and other new main series games from adding more new Pokémon to get gen 9 over the 100 mark.
This leak already claims that we're getting RB, RS, and BW levels of new Pokemon right out of the gate, which I don't think will happen.

ShadowForce720

This leak already claims that we're getting RB, RS, and BW levels of new Pokemon right out of the gate, which I don't think will happen.
If the new mechanic isn’t something that introduced new forms then it’s entirely possible that we could get a amount of new Pokémon similar to gens 1, 3 & 5.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If the new mechanic isn’t something that introduced new forms then it’s entirely possible that we could get a amount of new Pokémon similar to gens 1, 3 & 5.
Except that happened with Gen 7 and there SM only had 81 in total, and seven more were added in USUM and LGPE for a total of 88. I only expect that if this gen is going to be another Gen 5 and players will be forced to only use the new Pokemon until after they've beaten the game.

Orphalesion

And it doesn't have to be this time, either. But even then, the one barrier to entry that prevented Game Freak from even making a game like Sword & Shield - the National Dex - has been removed. Since they no longer have to code every pokemon and form in existence, they have more room to create new pokemon.
I would gladly accept the removal of the National Dex if it meant a large(r) number of Pokemon again. But I'm not believing it until I see it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I would gladly accept the removal of the National Dex if it meant a large(r) number of Pokemon again. But I'm not believing it until I see it.

I can understand the skepticism. I've just noticed each gen's roster has been larger than the last, which is an interesting trend, given it's usually "large-small-large-small."

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I mean, just because it says larger dex similar to gen 1/3/5 doesn't mean 150 total.

Gen 3 had 135.

Gen 9 could honestly, if real, just be somewhere around 100-120

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I mean, just because it says larger dex similar to gen 1/3/5 doesn't mean 150 total.

Gen 3 had 135.

I'm not even expecting that much unless they straight up not even add any alternate forms. No regional variants, no form change gimmicks, and no alternate forms for legendaries.

Orphalesion

I can understand the skepticism. I've just noticed each gen's roster has been larger than the last, which is an interesting trend, given it's usually "large-small-large-small."
I agree with that observation, I've noticed it myself, but for now I'd rather stay sceptical and get pleasantly surprised when its 100+ new Pokemon, than allow my hopes to get up and then be dissappointed when it's (let's say) just 80
Then again, I would have never thought we'd get an open world Pokemon game as quickly as Legends of Arceus and S/V...so maybe there is a pleasant surprise in our future.

I'd be fully satisfied with 100 new Pokemon + 15(or so) regional forms.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
New forms for gimmick, like g max, is such a waste imo…
Better making new designs for new Pokemon or regional forms
A waste? With the forms being integrated into Home they are least stick around. The mega evolution forms are being used in Pokémon Go so there’s that at least. Spiky-eared Pichu, Eternal Flower Floette and Cosplay Pikachu are wasted forms since they all exist only in their respective game (or just in the 3DS games for Floette).

I personally don’t mind if they come up with generation only forms as long as they have the forms in Home for those who are National Dex completionists. I do prefer new Pokémon and new regional forms over the concentrated gimmicks but gimmicks create excitement which leads to game sales.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
A waste? With the forms being integrated into Home they are least stick around. The mega evolution forms are being used in Pokémon Go so there’s that at least. Spiky-eared Pichu, Eternal Flower Floette and Cosplay Pikachu are wasted forms since they all exist only in their respective game (or just in the 3DS games for Floette).

I personally don’t mind if they come up with generation only forms as long as they have the forms in Home for those who are National Dex completionists. I do prefer new Pokémon and new regional forms over the concentrated gimmicks but gimmicks create excitement which leads to game sales.
And not only that, EFF hasn't ever been made legitimately available (which could have been a sign that a Kalos third version was planned but scrapped due to the 20th anniversary).

ShadowForce720

I can understand gimmicks I would think there would be a limit or a point in time where it just becomes easier to use existing gimmicks and add to them rather then creating new gimmicks.

Because you have to keep in mind that each new gimmick has to be distinct enough so you can tell them apart from the previous gimmicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.