• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rumors & Leaks - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerhelion

Or it is a goroawase like the numbers on the uniform in SwSh. But I don't speak japanese so I am not able to solve that.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Titan C: 456

Most obvious case would be a female champion since these are the only gens with a female champion but there could be a twist in it.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Titan C: 456

Most obvious case would be a female champion since these are the only gens with a female champion but there could be a twist in it.
And what does titan stand for

Julia Artemis

The only thing that doesn't absolutely confirm a female champion is that technically Alder is the champion in BW. But maybe Khu is more ignoring that because Iris is the better Unovan champion and is in the better game, B2W2 are way better than BW

Dragon Pulse

"Titan C: 456."

So looks like our champion is going to specialize in water pokemon like with Wallace in Emerald. Or it's ace is maybe somehow a broken evolution of regional variant Lumineon. Let's go Water/Bug butterfly fish
Juan came to mind for me, especially since he has a Spanish name. But I obviously doubt it is him.

Pokemon Queen

The superior champion <3
Really hoping it’s a female champion. We’re finally getting a female main rival, so a female champion would be the icing on the cake.

The games have been too male oriented for decades. About time that this changes <3

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Really hoping it’s a female champion. We’re finally getting a female main rival, so a female champion would be the icing on the cake.

The games have been too male oriented for decades. About time that this changes <3
Hard agree with this. The sexism increased focus on the male demographic is especially apparent on the anime side of things :(

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Hard agree with this. The sexism increased focus on the male demographic is especially apparent on the anime side of things :(
What about Cynthia, Iris and Diantha who are the champions in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Black 2/White 2 and XY respectively? At least, it’s a step forward from the first three generations where the champion was always male.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Can't say I agree it's been too male oriented for decades. To use XY as an example, in terms of major battleable NPCs you had 1.5 rivals, 4 Gym Leaders, two Elite Fours, one Champion, all except one of the Scientists, Emma, and all of the Battle Leaders be female. By comparison you had 2.5 rivals, 4 Gym Leaders, two Elite Fours, one of the Scientists, the main villain, the professor, and AZ be male. That's about a 3:4 ratio in favor of female characters, and taking a glance at other generations it's been around the 50% mark overall.

I definitely understand the desire to want more female characters, but I feel calling the games too male oriented is not really accurate. They've made steps since at least Gen 4 or 5 to have more notable female NPCs, I think they should be given more credit than that.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Okay I might get a lot of hate for saying this but hear me out since I think some are questioning the national dex again. I mean after PLA I think people finally got used to it. Think of this way. Would you rather use different Pokémon that you never used before in the generation or stick to the same repetitive Pokémon team that you always build up in past Pokémon games. The way generations are is that they introduce new Pokémon. Black and White was the only generation to not include the older Pokémon up until you get to the Post game and people for some reason back in 2011 when it came out hated it.

Its a pretty touchy subject and my personal opinion I really don't mind most Pokémon being in the dex. I am more open minded to try the new Pokémon that is in Scarlet and Violet and might use some older Pokémon that I never thought to use before. It will at least give me a refreshing experience. It can get boring using the same Pokémon you used in past generations so its nice to have a change. Besides I think nobody is going to think to catch all 900+ Pokémon that would just be too much of a hassle. Yes I know the phrase "Gotta Catch Em All" but Its become dated and I think this is the end of that era weather people like it or not. Just my two cents about the national dex since it became so controversial thanks to Sword and Shield.

Bus

Okay I might get a lot of hate for saying this but hear me out since I think some are questioning the national dex again. I mean after PLA I think people finally got used to it. Think of this way. Would you rather use different Pokémon that you never used before in the generation or stick to the same repetitive Pokémon team that you always build up in past Pokémon games. The way generations are is that they introduce new Pokémon. Black and White was the only generation to not include the older Pokémon up until you get to the Post game and people for some reason back in 2011 when it came out hated it.

Its a pretty touchy subject and my personal opinion I really don't mind most Pokémon being in the dex. I am more open minded to try the new Pokémon that is in Scarlet and Violet and might use some older Pokémon that I never thought to use before. It will at least give me a refreshing experience. It can get boring using the same Pokémon you used in past generations so its nice to have a change. Besides I think nobody is going to think to catch all 900+ Pokémon that would just be too much of a hassle. Yes I know the phrase "Gotta Catch Em All" but Its become dated and I think this is the end of that era weather people like it or not. Just my two cents about the national dex since it became so controversial thanks to Sword and Shield.
I think its better with a smaller dex as well. I'd be perfectly fine with another repeat of how Sw/Sh approached it: Start with a partial dex and get up to 2/3rds of all pokemon by the last DLC (assuming there is DLC).

Phillies

My problem with dexit is that Gamefreak seems to have a habit of forgetting about Pokémon for generations at a time. If the rumors are true there are still going to be Pokémon missing from the switch after Scarlet & Violet come out. That’s kind of ridiculous after 5 games. Seven if you count the let’s go games.

Vini310

My problem with dexit is that Gamefreak seems to have a habit of forgetting about Pokémon for generations at a time. If the rumors are true there are still going to be Pokémon missing from the switch after Scarlet & Violet come out. That’s kind of ridiculous after 5 games. Seven if you count the let’s go games.
Now you know exactly how other Mon franchises handle their rosters.
There are plenty of Digimon out there that only appeared once and were never seen again in ANY piece of Digimon media, and others who still appear, but not as playable characters.
Going to other franchise, on 2004 Medabots got a new game called Shingata Medarot, which had a roster formed by 60 all-new Medabots, only two of which were featured in subsequent games, the remaining 58 are exclusive to Shingata to this day.
They don't forget that other characters exist, they just aren't interested in using them, and when there's no interest, in the worst case scenario, some characters will be permanently erased from the franchise.

Julia Artemis

Khu's latest tweet is nightmare fuel and I hate it! I have no clue if it's a riddle, a tease or **** posting but I'm not a fan. How dare he remind me that Melli exists

Litleonid

Khu's latest tweet is nightmare fuel and I hate it! I have no clue if it's a riddle, a tease or **** posting but I'm not a fan. How dare he remind me that Melli exists
Its not even a leak or anything. Its a post he shared from a PLA subreddit, yet people still think its a leak on R/PokeLeaks. They'll share literally anything he tweets, regardless of whether its actually a leak or not.

He did just say that he doesn't know what to share for August, and he doesn't wanna spoil us too much...As if we actually know a significant amount of info...I mean even with his posts we hardly know anything about SV. At least he says he thinks SV is a great game.

Pokemon Queen

The superior champion <3
Exactly. Leon is the best example of this: A male champion with the most overused Pokémon as is ace. It surprised me that the anime at least let Diantha beat Lance.
What about Cynthia, Iris and Diantha who are the champions in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Black 2/White 2 and XY respectively? At least, it’s a step forward from the first three generations where the champion was always male.
Baby steps at best. Cynthia was good, but she was awfully passive in the conflict against Team Galactic, unlike previous champions. Iris and Diantha were only champions for one game respectively, and Diantha again did nothing against the evil team.

Status
Not open for further replies.